onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Just now, Osh said:

By the way guys - can I fess-up here.  I have no more knowledge of anything going on than the next guy; i just had some stuff shared with me by a m8 close to the Vale.

So, i work in Sales which always means I know nothing. 👍

I like your honesty , osh , good lad 😆

• Like 1

Advert

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

Klopp is a brilliant manager

Under rated in my humble opinion 

If he leaves LFC , I'd like see him

As the next England manager 👍

I'm suspecting manager of Germany after the Euro Championship. I'll have a bet on Roberto De Zerbi to Liverpool. 

17 minutes ago, Emile said:

We didn't really lose a key player last season. Connor Hall was in and out of the team for the first half of the year despite being one of our best defenders.

We have however this season lost our best player and probably second-best player in Arblaster and Devine. We have replaced those with potentially good players, but its all potential. 

Last January was rubbish for sure, but I'm really not sure this one is any better, so far. 

Alfie Devine wasn't our 2cd best player at the point Arblaster got injured. He wasn't a regular during the unbeaten run early in the season.  He did really step up after the Arblaster injury. Devine and probably was our best player in the final month of his loan, when he moved into the position Arblaster had played. Losing one probably wouldn't have been a big problem as both played best in the same role. I agree losing both is an issue.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Klopp is a brilliant manager

Under rated in my humble opinion 

If he leaves LFC , I'd like see him

As the next England manager 👍

Underrated?

He's widely regarded with fans and media alike as a brilliant manager surely? 

35 minutes ago, robf said:

Yep, that would make sense if Vale are looking for one loan signing from Chelsea and one from the Championship (which I am sure I have read somewhere). A LWB (possibly Sturge) from Chelsea and possibly Hudlin from Hudd. Not entirely sure about that second signing (would be delighted to be proved wrong) but I'm commenting about what may happen rather than what I'd like to see happen. 

EDIT: additional note. Putting two and two together and making five... looking at Hudlin's contract situation, it makes a lot of sense he will go on loan this window. He's out of contract in the summer and not broken through to the first-team regularly. From a Huddersfield perspective you get him out on loan to either a) give him a final chance to earn a new deal b) get him off the books as you're going to release him anyhow c) give him a chance to try and impress other clubs for when he becomes a free agent in the summer

I don't really know a lot about Hudlin apart from he's tall. If you are looking for a precedent I think he's about the same age and height Kevin Francis was when Stockport signed him from Derby. He was considered a bit of a donkey at the time and that turned out well. As you say 2 + 2 may be equalling 5.

22 minutes ago, JRC said:

I don't really know a lot about Hudlin apart from he's tall. If you are looking for a precedent I think he's about the same age and height Kevin Francis was when Stockport signed him from Derby. He was considered a bit of a donkey at the time and that turned out well. As you say 2 + 2 may be equalling 5.

We already have two target men in Uche and Loft, so can’t see us bringing another one in. The one we bring in needs to be quick and have an eye for goal. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

We already have two target men in Uche and Loft, so can’t see us bringing another one in. The one we bring in needs to be quick and have an eye for goal. 

From what I've read about Hudlin he's a bit of an oddity. He's like a poor man's Peter Crouch (or perhaps in lower league terms Kevin Francis)  in that he may be tall but his ability (and that can be in question given his record) is more about the ball on the ground, rather than beating players with power/aerial ability. So, he's not a targetman as such in the same way that Crouch/Francis, despite their height, didn't really score too many headers.

Having said that, I would 100% agree that a pacy forward would be a good signing . Someone to play off the likes of Uche and to pick up Wilson/Chislett's (and perhaps Gore/Weir's too) through balls. Hudlin may not be a classic target man but he also isn't renowned for pace either (at least I think so) so he wouldn't fit that profile.

I'm not sure Hudlin is the right signing but I'd be delighted to be totally wrong if he does sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JRC said:

Crosby is pretty open in his interviews. I suspect it is unlikely we will be making a permanent signing for a sizeable fee this window. 

My money would be Hudlin as the forward. No secret we wanted him in the summer. Huddersfield have signed a couple of forwards.  They need to make a decision about what to do with him in the summer.

LWB probably Zac Sturge as Chelsea want him to go out somewhere. Didn't do well at Peterborough. 

I'd hoped we'd be in for Charlie Kirk but that seems unlikely.  

Not arsed about Kirk his attitude stinks he wouldn't last 5 mins with the Vale faithful. Talented yea, but he's not getting in a number 10 role before chizzy or willo anyway. And now Weir plus Garrity when he returns. I'd take Sturge & also Hudlin as the last 2 loans 👍🏻 

Edited by Vtid

1 hour ago, maccapvfc said:

I haven't listened to it for a little while now and then forgot all about it - so that might be one I listen to, to see out my working afternoon today.

I've just had a search on spotify and it took me a little while to find it but I have now found them and it started to play the latest one which was uploaded on wednesday 

let me know mate 👍🏻 

15 hours ago, Walka003 said:

The bloke is absolutely deluded. Scouring the Scandinavian market for the next Ryan Loft is he?

Doesn't fill me with any hope, especially his comments about the rest of this window. Bite the pillow for the second half of the season, we're in for a rough ride.

Or the nest Jan Jansen??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, philmpv said:

You do realise that JCH would want paying approximately 8-10k a week. So that's another million you can add on top of that.

As for Goodwin, I don't know much about him, but 6 goals and 1 assist this season hardly screams such greatness to say he'd be the answer. In any event, how do you know we weren't in for him and he wanted to stay down south, for example?

Garritys got more goals than either of them so far this season and he's not even a striker!

You're entitled to your opinion though, so crack on.

He is 21. Garrity isn’t a striker and yes he has more goals but then he has more goals than Dan Gore too. I have seen him play previous and yes, anyone who has would see that he has strong potential to be an excellent player who will be worth a lot of money in future. That’s why I raise him and it is why Oxford have bought him.  

Obviously the money of Harris is big, but Flitcroft talking about Scandinavia and other pie in the sky stuff avoids the reality. There are league 1 strikers out there, but the money isn’t. 

• Like 2