onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

17 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

You have totally missed the point.

Why do players fail medicals at other clubs but get a pass at our's ?

That is a genuine question and one for the Flickers to answer on Thursday.

Which players have failed at other clubs . But passed ours ?

• Like 1

Advert

8 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Maybe we should get Deeney in. People wanted him 6 months ago.

I did wonder if that was a short-term plan when Uche was leaving. I think Crosby was on the coaching staff at Watford for a short period with Uche. I think Deeney was there at the same time. It crossed my mind that they may have looked to bring him in until the summer. He offers some of the same attributes. 

25 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Totally disagree.

It's not about the stats and the only manager to come out to say anything about Uche was the Charlton manager that's actually come out & said anything about him unless you can show me any other articles different.

Uche was a player that was about to get thrown out of the club until AC stumbled on a formation at half time against Barnsley to save his own bacon.

Uche's then gone on to have, what 2 & half decent games which for some reason made him a messiah amongst Vale fans, where before Barnsley he was useless.

When AC gets players back from injury & and one or two more additions in, then he is going to revert back to the possession football that we had been playing because that's the way that AC wants us to play & he's said many many times this season that is our ID & philosophy.

When he reverts back to that, then Uche will be useless again but with what I have seen with Uche already, it's not going to take a switch of formation to render him not very good again.

Have you ever tried looking at the bright side of life? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Where did he fail a medical ? Never heard that pearl before. You would assume a football medical in lower league football would be pretty standard 

He failed it at a number of clubs, one was Barnsley but there was more than one. DF even said we put the work in with him so he could pass the medical with us. You would expect so but i find it odd how Uche could fail a medical now 

56 minutes ago, billbee33 said:

I'll answer you that, yes he did,  or he wouldn't of signed for us, whether he passed a medical at Charlton we do not know, perhaps did, but couldn't agree personal terms

You say that Bill but I know for a fact we signed players under Aspin regardless of the medical!!!

We are a much more professional outfit these days with the size of our Sports Science Department do you’d like to think we utilise them for signings.

7 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Where did he fail a medical ? Never heard that pearl before. You would assume a football medical in lower league football would be pretty standard 

Barnsley.  To be fair we did a lot of physio work with him prior to his signing, mainly so he could pass our medical.  

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

He failed it at a number of clubs, one was Barnsley but there was more than one. DF even said we put the work in with him so he could pass the medical with us. You would expect so but i find it odd how Uche could fail a medical now 

Not confirmed . Sounds like maybe they got preferred targets . Don’t think it’s a secret we have signed injury prone players and we understand the gamble of that . Wilson being a good example ,

but he got us promotion almost single handed 

that might be flitctofts answer at the forum if anyone asks . Uche might keep us up this season as well 

3 minutes ago, JRC said:

Barnsley.  To be fair we did a lot of physio work with him prior to his signing, mainly so he could pass our medical.  

So he didn’t pass our test after failing . He went away, got fit, then passed 

the all things negative brigade are trying to suggest we have a less strict test of some sort, which is the reason for our injury list . 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Maybe we should get Deeney in. People wanted him 6 months ago.

Summarising what I posted before. Played 6, won 0, lost 3, drawn 3.  Sacked. Banned for 4 games for conduct offences. Time in charge 29 days. 

Mitigation!! Deeney says he was sacked before his ban was announced. 

Deeney scored 4 goals in 16 games. That includes a hat-trick v Notts County!

Edited by Warren

12 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Not confirmed . Sounds like maybe they got preferred targets . Don’t think it’s a secret we have signed injury prone players and we understand the gamble of that . Wilson being a good example ,

but he got us promotion almost single handed 

that might be flitctofts answer at the forum if anyone asks . Uche might keep us up this season as well 

Yes it was confirmed he failed medical at numerous clubs, Barnsley being one of them. DF confirmed this.  Wilson was a risk worth taking due to his quality and imo Uche was as well given our striker issues for me it’s just a bit strange he would fail a medical now.