onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

1 minute ago, gavcradd said:

Those slating Uche must be sandwich short of a picnic. He came to us after not playing for 8 months, no surprise at all that he took a while to get fit and his first appearances weren't top drawer. Now he's nearing fitness (not even 100% yet I don't think) he's terrifying defences, we're scoring more than at any other point in the season and other clubs are sniffing around trying to prise him away.  All of that of course points to him being crap!

Come on Gav, I'm surprised by you that you have totally mis-read what people are saying about Uche.

He's terrified defences? Let's put that into perspective. Barnsley for a half game. Blackpool & Charlton. Total rubbish at Carlisle in between.

So, what's that, 2 & a half games he's been ok for?

Only Charlton have come forward saying they wanted to sign him after we had played them but that is like us signing Tudor & Miller after they played well against us and then Slater & Perry, all 4 of them turned out well didn't it after they played well in one game against the Vale.

Its also the overboard reactions from everybody that we should be getting £300k + for a player that's 6 months left on a 8 month contract. That he's the best centre forward outside the Championship and now this morning, someone's even suggesting that if he stays with us hes going to score 10 goals.

6 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Those slating Uche must be sandwich short of a picnic. He came to us after not playing for 8 months, no surprise at all that he took a while to get fit and his first appearances weren't top drawer. Now he's nearing fitness (not even 100% yet I don't think) he's terrifying defences, we're scoring more than at any other point in the season and other clubs are sniffing around trying to prise him away.  All of that of course points to him being crap!

Why didn’t he play for 8 months? As far as I’m aware, it’s not because of injury. If that is the case then there is no excuse for not being fit, he’s a professional footballer and is paid to keep fit and ready to play if needed. I understand the case for match sharpness but that should not take more than a month to get back to full speed. He’s been with us plenty of time to be fully up to speed unless there is an underlying injury that we are not aware of, but saying that it should have been picked up by our medical team when joining the club.

8 minutes ago, Osh said:

Doesn't matter, really. Unless Wycombe have a different style/level of fitness test/medical he'll be staying here. 

I can see him staying and passing through the season then (trying) to get fitter and moving on as a free agent in the closed season. Someone will have him.

If he stays and helps us stay up then I could care less. I'm more interested in who else we're going to bring in.

I'd also like Loft to get more of a chance and work with Willo. But that's just me. The haters are going to hate him whatever - and boo him as he comes on. Insane. 

Of course it matters and its of interest.

Why does he fail a medical at one club but not at ours? Whats the difference in medical tests? Also, good on Wycombe if they have a more stringent medical test that we should look to implement that should stop us signing crocks all the time

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

Why didn’t he play for 8 months? As far as I’m aware, it’s not because of injury. If that is the case then there is no excuse for not being fit, he’s a professional footballer and is paid to keep fit and ready to play if needed. I understand the case for match sharpness but that should not take more than a month to get back to full speed. He’s been with us plenty of time to be fully up to speed unless there is an underlying injury that we are not aware of, but saying that it should have been picked up by our medical team when joining the club.

If there is an underlying problem, it's not stopped him has it?  Nor have the opposition defences, more to the point.  Anyone else remember Asa Hartford, hole in heart, failed medical at Leeds, wonderful career thereafter. 

Let's hope Uche does the same for us.  At least Divine Intervention will be a happy bunny now! 

• Like 7

Loving all the speculation, it's all rumours mirrors and smokescreens, the only people talking are those who earn a living from speculation, Vale haven't said owt, Charlton haven't said owt the player hasn't said owt and yet now he's failed a medical.
It's quite funny really, a spotty schoolkid in their bedroom can whip up everyone so easily, let's just wait and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

He's probably only got 1 lung which is why he is failing medicals and is gasping in games 😁

No idea if, or why, he’s failed a medical but to be fair he’s finished the last few games a lot stronger.  You only need to look at the guy to realise he’s not built for endurance, he’s all power and strength.  You’re not going to see any distance runners built like Uche that’s for sure.  If he’s puffing and blowing towards the end of a game then at least it tells you he’s putting the effort in, which he is, and most fans can see and appreciate that.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Come on Gav, I'm surprised by you that you have totally mis-read what people are saying about Uche.

He's terrified defences? Let's put that into perspective. Barnsley for a half game. Blackpool & Charlton. Total rubbish at Carlisle in between.

So, what's that, 2 & a half games he's been ok for?

Only Charlton have come forward saying they wanted to sign him after we had played them but that is like us signing Tudor & Miller after they played well against us and then Slater & Perry, all 4 of them turned out well didn't it after they played well in one game against the Vale.

Its also the overboard reactions from everybody that we should be getting £300k + for a player that's 6 months left on a 8 month contract. That he's the best centre forward outside the Championship and now this morning, someone's even suggesting that if he stays with us hes going to score 10 goals.

Several managers , opposition fans have pointed out Uche as being the difference in tight games against us.

i don’t think he’s a talented footballer, but he makes the most of his attributes and gives 100% and has some passion. 

he’s a foil to the ‘footballers’ around him 

other league 1 managers want to sign him which is because they know a bit about football.

i see it , 1000’s of vale fans see it. 3/4 of the usuals on here don’t. If we lose Uche , we will lose the one player that can make a difference ( not every game ) but in some where it’s 11 v 11 standard players , he has something different.

and not everything can me measured via stats. There is not a stat that shows a player who’s having to be marked by 2 players due to their strength, defenders panicking as he runs at them. He’s now got his first goal as well.

lose him and I can see us struggling.

Edited by dazzerjames
  • Like 9