onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

I guess it all comes down to whether he's got a get-out clause in his contract or not. 
If he hasn't got a get-out clause I would hope Vale either hold him till the end of his contract and only let him go in January if an offer is too good to turn down. 
Then you'll have an extremely unhappy player on your hands so you might as well let him go. If we wanted him that badly we could always offer him a new contract to match or improve that being offered to him

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

9 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

What “impression” does selling a proven league 1 striker to a rival on the very same points in January when we are not safe in the division give you? 

It doesn’t give me the impression of a club dedicated to wanting to stay in the division. It gives me the impression that they feel we can gamble with the club’s league status. 

Something that worries me. I think we gambled last January and only just got away with it (not due to anything good that we did) I hope we aren’t going to follow suit this window 

50 minutes ago, WV said:

Or down to Carol who will cash in every opportunity she gets. 

Sorry but that’s nonsense.

At previous fan forums Flicker presented the club model and clearly stated we are a recruitment led club relying on player trading ( hopefully up) to build the club in both the academy and 1st team.

Without question we did that successfully in L2 and Uche would represent the start of that in L1. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

Then you'll have an extremely unhappy player on your hands so you might as well let him go. If we wanted him that badly we could always offer him a new contract to match or improve that being offered to him

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

I don't think that's necessarily the case. A gut feeling but first of all Uche doesn't strike me as one to sulk.

You could also argue that playing well for Vale for the rest of the season suits his interests. He's getting fitter and fitter with more gametime, playing games puts him in the spotlight and gives him more chance of a decent move in the summer if that's what he wants. The flipside is if he sulks and gets dropped then there's potentially a player who's not matchfit who is less attractive to clubs (who wants a "problem" player?), who maybe has to go on trial and could end up without a club. He's suffered that fate earlier that season (I would imagine it wasn't very pleasant) and presumably wouldn't want to do it again.

So, for me, if he was told to stay, it suits his interests more to knuckle down and get on with it. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, The French Connection said:
13 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:
His career with 47 goals to his name you mean?

So, he averages around 4/5 a season, then?

Yes. To be honest I don't mind that. If we pair him up with someone that can put the ball in the net it could work well.

Edited by PVFC FAN

23 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

He's a proper goalscorer which are few and far between nowadays, I'd like see another brought in on loan as well .

Going off his loan at swindon yeah mate, beforehand not so. I'd be happy with him let's see what today brings ✍🏻 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MBE said:

You’ve just described Jake Young.

I would recommend watching his Swindon goals. Scored some great goals and tap ins!

Yes, well worth watching. Lots of poor league 2 defending but there's no doubting the quality of this lad. Bradford seem to want a packet for him if even Carlisle's minted owners won't pay the asking, so I doubt he's in our price range. Some nice goals though, making me wonder when the last time was we had such a prolific striker (think he bagged 16 in 20 games).

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I definitely see your point. I do think we could push the price though. So at best I think we could get 200k. Maybe around 150k. Let's just see what happens.

One thing I guarantee is we won't actually know.

It will be ' undisclosed ' .

Leaving the forum open to rumours and in the knows as to whether we've been mugged off or done to Charlton what Bristol did to us with Loft.

• Like 2

Just now, darren1810 said:

One thing I guarantee is we won't actually know.

It will be ' undisclosed ' .

Leaving the forum open to rumours and in the knows as to whether we've been mugged off or done to Charlton what Bristol did to us with Loft.

I'm not sure about loft yet. I know a lot of people have it in for him but I'm still unsure.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, well worth watching. Lots of poor league 2 defending but there's no doubting the quality of this lad. Bradford seem to want a packet for him if even Carlisle's minted owners won't pay the asking, so I doubt he's in our price range. Some nice goals though, making me wonder when the last time was we had such a prolific striker (think he bagged 16 in 20 games).

Get the cheque book out Carol, bring the lad Kemp with him as well. Having a great season him & getting a few goals 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I'm not sure about loft yet. I know a lot of people have it in for him but I'm still unsure.

That's fair enough mate. I praised him for two outstanding tackles v Wigan in injury time where he proper bust a gut. Also looked ok in a cameo v Blackpool ( have to take into account we were 3 up ).

However other than that my personal opinion is he's looked lazy and disinterested. 

If he showed the commitment he did v Wigan fans get behind that. He's a Division 3 player so has many faults. We accept that. Won't we won't accept is a lazy attitude. That to me is how he's come across. 

Needs to show more desire to get in the box instead of ambling around and then the fans will be on board when he gets subbed off because he's cream crackered. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Ryan loft looks good on YouTube best moment videos. I’m a bit apprehensive on this one if true, fantastic record this season but really poor prior to it. Bradford deemed him not good enough in Jan. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Ryan loft looks good on YouTube best moment videos. I’m a bit apprehensive on this one if true, fantastic record this season but really poor prior to it. Bradford deemed him not good enough in Jan. 

They ain't going show their howlers are they mate 😅 fair point, but i don't care what level your playing at if you can bag 16 goals in 20 games you have something about you. Reckon he would fit in well at Vale to be honest, some players just aren't fancied at some clubs either 

• Like 2