onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

It won't be a lot of money for Uche. If we were demanding silly money, Charlton could just wait 6 months and get him for nothing in July.

Getting him off the wage bill after 2-3 good games (with no long-term value) and 10 average-poor ones, and replacing him with a player with as much upside as Young on a 2.5 year deal is fundamentally sensible business, especially as we're not going to be challenging at either end of the table in the next 6 months.

As with any lower league signing, you can't guarantee its success, but Young can clearly produce in the right system and won't be fully developed as a striker yet. For his Barrow loan, he never played a full 90 and only started 5 games - mostly on the left wing. Swindon have showed what a consistent run up front can do.

I think Charlton want him now and are willing to pay a reasonable amount. I can't help feeling that we are working for the future but not the present. Developing players is fine but we also have a game tomorrow.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I've not heard Jake Young, but have heard Dale Taylor is the striker we're bring in today, someone's source has got to be wrong!

I'd be surprised is it's Dale Taylor. He's currently getting game time at Wycombe and there's no indication Forest want to sell. Not sure why they would recall him from one midtable league 1 club to loan to another. 

Bradford's manager says he doesn't want to sell Young and I've not heard they are in financial trouble. Why sell someone who has just scored 16 goals in league 1, unless he's unhappy? Bradford have quoted a price for him to a few clubs, believed to be about 400k. 

Could be both sources are wrong, possible we are after both 🤔 

• Like 1

I'd be surprised is it's Dale Taylor. He's currently getting game time at Wycombe and there's no indication Forest want to sell. Not sure why they would recall him from one midtable league 1 club to loan to another. 
Bradford's manager says he doesn't want to sell Young and I've not heard they are in financial trouble. Why sell someone who has just scored 16 goals in league 1, unless he's unhappy? Bradford have quoted a price for him to a few clubs, believed to be about 400k. 
Could be both sources are wrong, possible we are after both  
I think we'd struggle to get either too. Young they want too much money, Taylor is playing well in a better team than us. Neither really make any sense

16 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think Charlton want him now and are willing to pay a reasonable amount. I can't help feeling that we are working for the future but not the present. Developing players is fine but we also have a game tomorrow.

Ideal world we'd 100% keep him. Without knowing the fee and who would come in it's hard to make a judgement.  If they are offering 200 - 250k for someone with 1 goal and 6 months remaining on his contract I guess it would be hard to turn down.

• Like 1

Reading the comments on this site, is like being in some crazy parallel universe.

We basically give an average striker a 8 month contract. He's basically been total pants apart from half a game against Barnsley, a good game against Blackpool & Charlton in which in between he was total pants again at Carlisle. He's only scored 1 goal and I'm reading comments that we should be getting substantial 6 figure fees for him?

Really really Bizzare.

It would be between £50k to 100k at the very best and that is having Charlton's pants down at that

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

It won't be a lot of money for Uche. If we were demanding silly money, Charlton could just wait 6 months and get him for nothing in July.

But Charlton's issue is they need a striker now, they can't wait six months. In that case, it's reasonable that they may have to pay over the odds. After all, Uche is under contract, we have no need to sell unless it's a decent fee.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I've not heard Jake Young, but have heard Dale Taylor is the striker we're bring in today, someone's source has got to be wrong!

Can’t see us signing Dan gore Jake young and dale Taylor so like u say some of it is <ovf censored> 

Surely got be one of them though 

I personally think Dan gore 

5 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

It would be between £50k to 100k at the very best and that is having Charlton's pants down at that

I'd agree with that. We hold the cards as Charlton have lost out on other players and need someone now. We only need to sell if the price is right. However, there's a limit to how desperate Charlton are. I suspect if Vale demanded any more than 100k they'd start looking elsewhere. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

No idea about this Young folk going on about him like he is Messi .

A player who signs for Vale is only as good as the team mates he plays with .

We will see cannot understand why Uches being allowed leave, for a player a league below ,we knew what we were getting with Uche gamely he was bringing his A game to the games ok he wasn't scoring  2 every game but he is about too in my opinion,  he was involved in everything what was good about recent performances .

Big day for Vale let's see if anything happens I feel it be a no incoming day. and 3 out .

Great preparation for sat .

Even if Uche does play now if he as got his heart set on elsewhere, then he may not perform so if wants go he goes with my blessing not happy about it though as long ball game will not be effective without him so be back to pass pass pass pass back to Ripley thump it too masseys head (has he ever won a header )and repeat .

Like I say big day especially if Uche is going as in theory you selling a player who was beginning shine ,like Grant and Alwnick were all them years ago when last got relegation from this league .

Bizarre stuff mind you reading comments on here about how awful they felt Uche was no wonder he wants out .

Be careful what you wish for 

Phil, please make an appointment for Specsavers mate.