onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

15 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Dale Taylor rumour doing the rounds on social.

Only really works if Forrest have decided to sell him. Reasonable fee for Uche and a deal with a resale percentage for Taylor. That assumes Forest have decided he is some way off Championship or higher level. If it's just a loan he could just stay where he is.

Advert

Uche came in on a short term deal to get himself fit and put himself in the shop window, so it’s hardly surprising that despite his lack of goals other clubs are interested.  Vale have been pretty clear that they won’t stand in a players way if the player wishes to move so the chances are that he, or his agent, would be having the conversations with interested parties well before now. He’s looked fitter and better with each game and has been a vital part to our recent change in style.  One look at his record will tell anyone he’s unlikely to become a goal machine but his other attributes make him a real asset and a good option even if only from the bench.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JRC said:

Only really works if Forrest have decided to sell him. Reasonable fee for Uche and a deal with a resale percentage for Taylor. That assumes Forest have decided he is some way off Championship or higher level. If it's just a loan he could just stay where he is.

That's my thinking too.

3 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I think it's fair to say before the Charlton game, most Vale fans would've driven Uche to the Valley themselves. This sudden clamour that we can't do without after 1 x solid performance is mind boggling. 

If we get money for him, it's an absolutely unbelievable bit of business by the Vale.

Agreed.  Sat on the couch and watched the Wycombe away game - thought Uche was distinctly average that day, yet their two commentators were saying then that they should get the cheque book out for him asap.

1 minute ago, Osh said:

I know i'll get pelters for this, but I think Loft is a far better 'footballer' than Uche.  Uche's just brilliant at pulling defences all over the place.  I know Loft has taken over from Conlon/Benning/Jones (insert your favourite hated player here) - as Vale fans always seem to need someone to hate, but I still think he'll come good for us.

Just my 2'

Uche offers so much more than Loft im afraid 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Osh said:

I know i'll get pelters for this, but I think Loft is a far better 'footballer' than Uche.  Uche's just brilliant at pulling defences all over the place.  I know Loft has taken over from Conlon/Benning/Jones (insert your favourite hated player here) - as Vale fans always seem to need someone to hate, but I still think he'll come good for us.

Just my 2'

No one wants to know about your 2inch Osh 😆

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Osh said:

Just my 2'

Not for me I’m afraid. There’s nothing I see that he does well enough to justify playing in L1. Uche isn’t great at it either but Lofts first touch is abysmal for a professional footballer. At least with Uche he occupies defenders and frees up Wilson to get on the ball without some lump from the likes of Wycombe or Stevenage trying to take him out. 

• Like 3

Gutted If Uche goes 

However, and I agree wish Osh here - (usually my first mistake😍😍😍😍) if Lofty plays for a run of games, shows the commitment that he has done in the last few sub appearances and bags a couple of goals, we will love him to bits. 👍👍👍 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

This is where I'm sure a lot of Vale fans go to games and watch with eyes closed.

I think you are a little bit out of order their. All season you have had your eyes closed.

Let's face it, the Barnsley game was the turning point for so many reasons.

To start with, Uche was not even in the squad on that day & with no doubt, he was about to be bombed out of the club.

It was only a injury to Dipepa in the pre-game warm up that got Uche a reprieve and he ended up on the bench.

The next turning point of the Barnsley game was half-time. Make no bones about it, Crosbys arse was totally on the line at half-time and then with nothing to lose, he totally abandoned the system that he been stubbornly playing all season. He brought the young wing backs on, finally played 2 strikers up front & went more direct and it worked. So, much so, that he's kept that system in place for the following games. 

When Crosby gets more players back fit & more new players into the club, he will 100% return  to his original gameplan because that is the ID the club are going for.

In those 3.5 games Uche's been ok. better than he was but people in meltdown again about a player that does not scored goals, been okish  for a few games and will more than likely get dropped when AC reverts back to his old boring system.

If someone is offering £50k - £100k for him then snap their hands off. Jobs a good un

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 8