onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

27 minutes ago, efsb said:

According to the Yorkshire Post, Vale & Exeter are still interested in Jake Young - here’s the link, but beware, it’s a site riddled with adverts like the Sentinel and it doesn’t say anything other than we’re still interested.

WWW.YORKSHIREPOST.CO.UK

Carlisle manager was quoted saying the price Bradford are asking for is "ridiculous" ... so I'd say that's the end of that.

• Like 2

Advert

If Charlton and Wycombe are interested in Uche, it makes geographical sense as he was born in Harrow and previously played for Wycombe. I suspect both clubs can pay higher wages than us. I have never quite worked out how Wycombe can do that. They have been in L1 / L2 this century with one season in the Championship. 
Would I be concerned if we lost Uche. Yes, and especially to a L1 rival. Has he thought about Australia?
Warren - you and your Geography Lessons
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

I'm livid if Uche goes .

He is a constant threat .

A really good unselfish hard working footballer who is beginning to connect with Wilson and Chislett .

Who we go play up there some soft in there application player .

Ffs Vale keep Uche he makes going Vale worth going for me if he goes be a truly woeful few days .

I don't care if he only scored 1 goal is all round game gives you something to look forwards too on a home game .

If he goes that leaves very few who have selling appeal to go watch .

I'll be very disappointed if he is allowed to go .

Unbelievable 

That’s the point. He is actually gelling with the team. The sort of names I keep hearing, some league 2 lad from Bradford etc are big gambles. Could be as bad as Loft or worse. Plus Uche was pretty awful early on, but needed time to settle, like any player. 

• Like 1

If Uche goes I won't be too concerned as I assume we have a replacement lined up as well as another body due in as cover.
Plenty of twists and turns yet and it would be suicidal to allow one striker to leave without a replacement lined up.
Wages of course may be an issue and maybe, for all his gesticulating to the crowd, he's not a happy bunny - who knows.

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s the point. He is actually gelling with the team. The sort of names I keep hearing, some league 2 lad from Bradford etc are big gambles. Could be as bad as Loft or worse. Plus Uche was pretty awful early on, but needed time to settle, like any player. 

Let's hope it's nonsense .

If he  fetching Vale 1 million because players who can do what he can do are worth the entrance fee alone then fair enough but a packet of hariboes and a academy player who I could brush off the ball No thanks 

40 minutes ago, Warren said:

If Charlton and Wycombe are interested in Uche, it makes geographical sense as he was born in Harrow and previously played for Wycombe.

Uche's also played in Turkey, Scotland and Wales. In terms of English clubs alone, he's had spells with us, Cambridge, Blackpool and Middlesbrough. All over the place. I'm not sure on that evidence he has any geographical preference.

However, I suspect he does have a preference for contract length and wages (which is fair enough). 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I wish we heard about players we were signing rather than ones leaving. Is this the plan? Get a team good enough for league 1 til Christmas then hold on until May in the hope of staying in the league on the cheap? 

This is all very “Mr Smurfwaite”’esque. 

It's called not having a pot to piss in, sadly.

25 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

When we're worrying about a striker possibly leaving who's scored all of one goal for us, you know there are some major things that need addressing at the club and quickly.

I see Uche as important. That's because as a target man he enables us to play forward that way. Not just through a pile of passes going sideways and backwards. Plus of course he's a presence in both boxes. He's played for some good clubs and, although not prolific as a goal scorer, that says he's widely valued as the type of player he is. 

I don't know the financials of course. But I'm up for getting him signed up on a reasonably lengthy contract rather than let him leave. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1