onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

35 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

According to Alan Nixon us and Exeter are bidding for Jake Young at Bradford. Was prolific in first half of the season on loan at Swindon and looking at a six figure fee for him.

Now he is the kind of player i really like the idea of us going for,will cost a decent fee and a sell on probably but at 22 has the potential maybe to become saleable he did come here and continued his league 2 form

According to Alan Nixon us and Exeter are bidding for Jake Young at Bradford. Was prolific in first half of the season on loan at Swindon and looking at a six figure fee for him.
He's done well at Swindon, you'd think more teams than us and Exeter would be keen, especially at 22 year old

26 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I agree Rob  , Loft's goal tally is woeful and it's not going to get any better no matter how many more games he plays because for me he non league standard . 

I don't want to bash the guy too much. He tries and perhaps he can still turn things around. But I'm just not sure what his strengths are. For such a big lad he's not particularly strong and doesn't win as many headers as he should. If he was 21 my opinion would be different, but he's 26 and not far from what should be his peak.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
51 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

He's done well at Swindon, you'd think more teams than us and Exeter would be keen, especially at 22 year old

It would make a refreshing change if we could get a player like that who has shown a lot of promise in league 2

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:
7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:
It would make a refreshing change if we could get a player like that who has shown a lot of promise in league 2

And, based on my very minimal Googling, no serious injury record!

Until he came here 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Now he is the kind of player i really like the idea of us going for,will cost a decent fee and a sell on probably but at 22 has the potential maybe to become saleable he did come here and continued his league 2 form

From the interview Flitcroft did with Baggers for the Valiant he did say one of the things they were going to look at in this window was a "box finisher" as he called it which Young seems to be. Potential resale value in there too it does seem a signing that could tie in with how we want to do things.

• Like 2

Bradford City are an enigma. Clearly are a bigger and better supported club than Port Vale. But massively under achieving in L2. Surely, they want to assemble a promotion team. If they are going to sell a goal scorer they should only do so for a large fee. Bradford's average attendance is 17,855 this season. 

Edited by Warren

28 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Is Kian Harret getting game time at Huddersfield cos if not be a good addition to the team  if he's made available .

He picked up a bad injury, I believe he is out until next month at the earliest 

46 minutes ago, Warren said:

Bradford City are an enigma. Clearly are a bigger and better supported club than Port Vale. But massively under achieving in L2. Surely, they want to assemble a promotion team. If they are going to sell a goal scorer they should only do so for a large fee. Bradford's average attendance is 17,855 this season. 

Despite what their manager says he might not feature in his plans going forward or it could be that the player wants a move(not sure of his contract situation).

One thing for sure though is that if we signed him then it would knock the theory that we are skint on the head

• Like 3