onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Regarding Garrity,he is on a 2 year deal with another season still to go,goal scoring midfielders especially in league one are sought after so this is why i said its if the club can hold out as they can name their price really as it stands now.

On a side note IF Garrity was to leave or anyone else for cash then i would like to see us try to tempt mk dons for attacking midfielder Dan Kemp and then maybe even try for striker Michael Mellon from Burnley(both these lads have shown they can do it at league 2 level), Lincoln could be tempted to do a deal for Freddie Draper(scoring for walsall in league 2).

I just think we are never going sign a proven league one striker at the moment,so for me the next best thing is to sign one scoring in league 2 or top end national league

• Like 6

Advert

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Another striker about to be recalled is Joe Taylor at Colchester on loan from Luton,so not sure if they are selling him or looking to loan him out higher up now.

Allegedly there are 4 league 1 clubs after him for a loan.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Regarding Garrity,he is on a 2 year deal with another season still to go,goal scoring midfielders especially in league one are sought after so this is why i said its if the club can hold out as they can name their price really as it stands now.

On a side note IF Garrity was to leave or anyone else for cash then i would like to see us try to tempt mk dons for attacking midfielder Dan Kemp and then maybe even try for striker Michael Mellon from Burnley(both these lads have shown they can do it at league 2 level), Lincoln could be tempted to do a deal for Freddie Draper(scoring for walsall in league 2).

I just think we are never going sign a proven league one striker at the moment,so for me the next best thing is to sign one scoring in league 2 or top end national league

If Garrity scores 6 or 7 more goals this season he won't he at Vale next year. There will be clubs asking during the window.  His overall game has improved.  I think we'd probably sell at 750k plus.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Also just seen that Bradford have recalled Jake young from his loan spell at Swindon

Don't know anything about him mate but how is someone who can't get in mid-table Bradford side going to  improve us ? Has he done well at Swindon?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Another striker about to be recalled is Joe Taylor at Colchester on loan from Luton,so not sure if they are selling him or looking to loan him out higher up now.

A Colleague of mine, who lives in Hertfordshire, reckons Luton have been approached by a league1 team and so they have terminated the lone with Colchester. Now don’t go putting 2 & 2 together or you may be disappointed.

Edited by jeffers

2 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

And Dan Kemp recalled by Milton Keynes FC, I'd imagine that both him and Young would be given a chance that their respective clubs as they're at the same standard as their loans.

Young is definitely going to stay at Bradford. 

I suspect MK Dons would let Kemp go for the right offer. He's out of contract in the summer, so will probably leave for free. At the moment he does have a market value. This is his 3rd season there and he's only done well in his loans away. I think they've tended to play him as a winger. Hartlepool and Swindon have played him more centrally and pretty much given him the freedom to drift wherever he wants. He's pretty short and not lightening quick. I'm not sure he quite fits how they play. I don't think they have a game Saturday, so they have a fortnight to decide what to do with him. There is probably a question mark over whether he's a good league 2 player who for whatever reason can't adapt to league 1.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Gags, I think if we could get Lift and Uche out it would improve our finances no end. I know it’s only teracgossip but I heard some one say Loft is on 4K a week and Uche on over 3k this is killing our club for what we get in return. I accept it could be a load of rubbish but we cannot afford to carry anyone

I believe Loft is on 3k which is the max we will pay any striker. 

1 minute ago, WV said:

I believe Loft is on 3k which is the max we will pay any striker. 

Mullin is on £8k per week at Wrexham. Well he was, that may have increased with his contract extension yesterday.

Mullin is a top top striker on that much each week.

What kind of striker could we have got with a combination of Uche & Lofts wages? 

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Mullin is on £8k per week at Wrexham. Well he was, that may have increased with his contract extension yesterday.

Mullin is a top top striker on that much each week.

What kind of striker could we have got with a combination of Uche & Lofts wages? 

Maybe a 1 legged striker with the wages we are prepared to pay out for a top notch striker - oh we already seem to have a couple of them.  I can understand trying to stick to a wage bracket - but it could cost you more in the long run when we are out of the 1st Div and back to 2nd Div football.

Uche is beginning to show what he can do now he is getting match fit.  He does a lot of off the ball stuff and pulls a couple of defenders out with him.  We just don't have the players with football brains who can see the gaps opening up, can't anticipate the ball coming into those gaps at the moment.  They either run too early and are off side or just not at all and the opposition clear the ball out and they score from it.

Loft - you hear the commentators saying he does a lot of off the ball stuff, but you wonder why he is here - not scoring goals for sure as he normally comes on to replace Willo, who can score goals for fun.

7 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Wonder if this is the sort of forward we could be looking at? Tottenham you’d think could be receptive with the prominent role we’ve give Devine?

You would hope they could look at Vale and think - that's a club that looks after the loanees and helps them off the field to settle in.  Carol has tried to bring that credibility into the club over the years.

• Like 3