onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

58 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I don't know the full ins and outs of how it all works, but I'm not sure we would be able to sell a player in the last year of his scholarship. More likely it he'd sign a pre contract with whoever it is are after him and then we take it to tribunal.

Not that he hasn't earned it, but I think part of him getting all these appearances from a vale perspective is if the the worst happens, every 1st team appearance bumps up his tribunal fee.

I think you would just end up getting a compensation fee so not really enough to buy a striker sadly

Advert

Disagree on Grant, haven’t seen enough of him yet to decide. Besides, we already need a lwb in the window, don’t want to be having to get two in
I don't think he's done anything so far to suggest he's any better than Benning, which says alot.

Can't imagine he's on low wages either.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Fee wise we’d get nothing really, absolute peanuts. Only winner would be we’d get a sell on fee so we’d have to pray he got a big move at some point

Yes i think we might have a sell on fee for Ndala at Man City so sometimes its worthwhile when the young kids leave for big clubs,it will be interesting to see if they sell him for 40m at some point then we will find out

I think you would just end up getting a compensation fee so not really enough to buy a striker sadly
Doesn't the compo go up though based on a number of factors, time with the club, number of first team games etc? I'm pretty sure that's how it works I remember reading it when we flogged James Storer to Wolves and Ndala to City.

5 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Lomax looks good. This time next year he could be doing a Walters.

Dipepa looks OK, fast, needs to bulk up over the summer similar to what Planty did. Looks like one stiff breeze would blow him over.

I think if we lose one youth player for peanuts and 2 sign up like Dipepa and Lomax then we will take that,I have liked Bhua as well when i have seen him,very very raw but will attack players and also has a bit of pace

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:
6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Doesn't the compo go up though based on a number of factors, time with the club, number of first team games etc? I'm pretty sure that's how it works I remember reading it when we flogged James Storer to Wolves and Ndala to City.

Could be very true mate and could also be why we are throwing him in for league games now as well

• Like 2

I also noticed that Harratt and Hudlin are no longer getting on the bench under Moore at Huddersfield, i still think that Harratt could do something at League One level given a run of games(not sure he would get that under AC though),also one who if on a permanent deal could make some money for the club

• Like 3

I think if we lose one youth player for peanuts and 2 sign up like Dipepa and Lomax then we will take that,I have liked Bhua as well when i have seen him,very very raw but will attack players and also has a bit of pace

Not sure about that first point. I think if we lose Walters for peanuts it's a big blow, regardless of the other two. He's heir apparent to Ojo when he hangs up his boots with us. I'd be really disappointed to see him go.

I've only seen buah in that paint pot game he came on in, and couldn't work out what position he was actually supposed to be playing or what sort of player he was, I guess we'll see more next year in the comp.

I also noticed that Harratt and Hudlin are no longer getting on the bench under Moore at Huddersfield, i still think that Harratt could do something at League One level given a run of games(not sure he would get that under AC though),also one who if on a permanent deal could make some money for the club
I'd take Harratt back. We've already got two useless lumps of strikers sitting on our bench, we don't need Hudlin aswell.

14 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Unfortunately Kian has a bad injury and looks to be out for a while 

C83CED2B-E987-431B-986F-3566D15EB3FC.jpeg

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I would love to see us find a non league goal scoring Gem like Notts County did with Longstaff from Gateshead for 50k(what a bargain he turned out to be). I see that Peterborough(they can spot them) are chasing a South Liverpool striker name Glennon

I think there should always be room for a 'chancer' like that in the squad - as long as you have some solid first choice players though and don't need to rely on them!

Surprised that Glennon isn't on Accrington's radar as they love a random signing like that!

Speaking of Accrington, I like the look of the striker Josh Andrews they have on loan from Birmingham. 22 year old 6'5 striker with 6 goals in 21 games this season. His contract expires at the end of the season too.

I think we'll do a lot of business in January from what Flitcroft said. Would guess at around 4 in 4 out. Let's see!

Can we or should we recall Tommy McDermott.? Went on loan to Rochdale, didn’t get a game now on loan at Curzon Ashton and has played one game. He’s only been there since the beginning of November and they’re about 7th in the league, but if he’s not playing he’s not developing. Should we also look at trying to place him with a L2 or National League team.?

29 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Can we or should we recall Tommy McDermott.? Went on loan to Rochdale, didn’t get a game now on loan at Curzon Ashton and has played one game. He’s only been there since the beginning of November and they’re about 7th in the league, but if he’s not playing he’s not developing. Should we also look at trying to place him with a L2 or National League team.?

Don’t want to rush to judgment on him as he is only young but I’d be asking the question what it is he’s not doing to be able to get time on the pitch even in the sixth tier. Feels like his development has stalled a little in comparison to a couple of the others who’ve come through for whatever reason. Hopefully can get him going again whether that’s someone giving him a bit of a kick up the arse or whatever.

• Like 1

I suspect McDermott hasn't progressed as hoped? He was ahead of several others(some who are younger I'd imagine?) in the pecking order beginning of last season yet now they are getting a chance even in the EFL Trophy matches ahead of him. Plant being the obvious one(before injury he'd been involved in most games since the end of last season). McDermott for example only got 15-20 mins at Wrexham when others like Walters, Buah, Lomax got most of the game and Dipepa has now had a league appearance as well.

I suspect he might be released come May?

Is that because we've loaned him out or we're loaning him out more with the hope that it may get him a club after he's left Vale even if it's NL or NLN/S level?  Bit like a duty of care to give him the best chance of a footie career even if it's not with us. I guess that's part of the goal of academies as not everyone will make it but at least if they stay in football somewhere it's some achievement.

• Like 1