onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (A) match thread 7th Oct

Fosse69

Advert

I think the word ' chance ' is all about how you perceive it .

I've never been in the pub after a game saying we had a cracking chance from 30 yards. That is more of a speculative effort than an actual clear chance. 

Garrity and Plant were clear goalscoring opportunities. Great ' chances ' .

Ojo was a speculative effort from outside the box without it being a clear opportunity. 

That's my two penneth. I was cursing Garrity and Plant whereas Ojo made the most of something that wasn't as clear cut. 

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've never been in the pub after a game saying we had a cracking chance from 30 yards. That is more of a speculative effort than an actual clear chance. 

Ojo was a speculative effort from outside the box without it being a clear opportunity. 

That's my two penneth. I was cursing Garrity and Plant whereas Ojo made the most of something that wasn't as clear cut. 

Spot on

This Brian Johnson character (TylerB, Beechy?) is a right tool isn't he. Show some respect to your fellow Valiants. 

Not just a tool but also a bit weird too, definitely not got a girlfriend kind of weird.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Spot on

…….just seen arrogant said the same…..weird as he was saying a 30 yarder is not a chance and anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless. 

28 minutes ago, WV said:

This Brian Johnson character (TylerB, Beechy?) is a right tool isn't he. Show some respect to your fellow Valiants. 

Not just a tool but also a bit weird too, definitely not got a girlfriend kind of weird.

Not Beechy….didn’t agree with a lot that Beechy said but at least he would have a debate without the same arrogance and name calling. He’s just a WUM, always goes with any debatable official’s decision if it’s against the Vale and has done since I remember.

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I have listened to the ale & vale podcast review of the Portsmouth game on Saturday and they were spot on with everything they said.

Anybody that's got a view different to mine in regards to Portsmouth game, to save you some time, I would not bother listening to the podcast because you will need some form of recreational drug to pick you back up again

Game of opinions but we all think we are right including Croz

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Its not a chance though is it. Its speculative at best.

Are you saying every shot from 25 / 30 yards is a chance?

No, of course I’m not saying every shot from 25/30 yards is a chance.  What I’m saying is that if a player has time and space to pick his spot at goal in a favourable position it’s a chance.  Whether that’s from 1 yard or 40 is irrelevant in that context.  If we give the ball away in the opposition half leaving Connor Ripley stranded 25 yards upfield and an opposing player is free to shoot from 40 yards then that’s a chance, a clear opportunity for a shot at an empty net.  If the ball falls to a player such as Jevani Brown unmarked 25 yards out he’ll see it as a good chance to score and not just swing a boot at it with his fingers crossed.  Ojo saw an opportunity to get a shot on target, which he managed to do beating the keeper.  That for me is a player seeing an opportunity rather than purely speculating.

Archived