onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (A) match thread 7th Oct

Fosse69

29 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

No, of course I’m not saying every shot from 25/30 yards is a chance.  What I’m saying is that if a player has time and space to pick his spot at goal in a favourable position it’s a chance.  Whether that’s from 1 yard or 40 is irrelevant in that context.  If we give the ball away in the opposition half leaving Connor Ripley stranded 25 yards upfield and an opposing player is free to shoot from 40 yards then that’s a chance, a clear opportunity for a shot at an empty net.  If the ball falls to a player such as Jevani Brown unmarked 25 yards out he’ll see it as a good chance to score and not just swing a boot at it with his fingers crossed.  Ojo saw an opportunity to get a shot on target, which he managed to do beating the keeper.  That for me is a player seeing an opportunity rather than purely speculating.

Please see @darren1810 post

Advert

If its Beechy I don't mind is opinion .

To be honest opinions everyone's varies  .

Vale need a lift hopefully Uche can give it them we don't score enough, and we have worst performing defence according to that Ryan Burge who's opinion is not warranted however if we have got the best goalkeeper in the league believe we have ) if we have  conceded the most  goals intge league which I believe we have then some players ain't doing there jobs right .

Dress it up anyway you want once again our weakest area is the defence .

UTV 

8 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Vale need a lift hopefully Uche can give it them we don't score enough, and we have worst performing defence according to that Ryan Burge who's opinion is not warranted however if we have got the best goalkeeper in the league believe we have ) if we have  conceded the most  goals intge league which I believe we have then some players ain't doing there jobs right .

UTV 

Stats don’t lie mate… we do have one of the worst defences in the league.

11 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

UTV 

Yes you're right, level with Cheltenham for goals conceded (20) although Barnsley account for nearly half of those.

A "chance" and how good it is depends on a few factors for example if Nathan Smith is in space 25 yards out to try and rifle one in top corners it not a good chance, if Ethan Chislett is then its a much better chance from the same spot than Smudge.

Seems a lot of debate on nothing though, its clear we had a handful of very good chance's first half in terms of positions we got in but without a striker then its a less % chance than say James Wilson being in Plant's position 10 yards out for example.

Long and Short it in these halves against Pompey and at Bristol we'd have had a far better chance of scoring had we started strikers!

26 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

A "chance" and how good it is depends on a few factors for example if Nathan Smith is in space 25 yards out to try and rifle one in top corners it not a good chance, if Ethan Chislett is then its a much better chance from the same spot than Smudge.

Seems a lot of debate on nothing though, its clear we had a handful of very good chance's first half in terms of positions we got in but without a striker then its a less % chance than say James Wilson being in Plant's position 10 yards out for example.

Long and Short it in these halves against Pompey and at Bristol we'd have had a far better chance of scoring had we started strikers!

V Bristol Rovers Garrity has scuffed a shot at 0-0 a chance I'd have expected him finish if he scores the rest of the game may have panned out differently .

V Bolton at 1 -0 to them Garrity has to finish our only decent move of first half Wilson wasn't involved in it he was our striker in  fact he wasn't involved in anything nothing whatsoever ,Cass and Devine were involved in that .

V Pompey be here all day talking about the chances we created and missed. 

0-0 Ojos shot shot hits post why isn't coming out to a Vale player to tap in I tell you why because we were unlucky .

Garrity had 4 chances which I'd expect a player of his calibre finish 4 away from home we must have being doing something right at 1-0 to them he has miskicked over the bar when he should have been ripping the net out even at 2-0 last minute he's headed it wide when he should have headed it in .

Plants missed a great chance also where he has come inside his man and finished badly .

Then Wilson and Thomas entered the fray what actually did they do that made you think Crosby had got his selection wrong I saw little to nothing from either to be honest .

We lost the game on sat because of bad finishing there's no excuse miss the chances we missed what made it worse, when Ripley flapped at cross one of our players turned his back on the incoming shot and it ended up net .

The pen well when your given them your buzzing but if your a honest fan you would be embarrassed get a pen for that 

UTV 

4 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

V Bristol Rovers Garrity has scuffed a shot at 0-0 a chance I'd have expected him finish if he scores the rest of the game may have panned out differently .

V Bolton at 1 -0 to them Garrity has to finish our only decent move of first half Wilson wasn't involved in it he was our striker in  fact he wasn't involved in anything nothing whatsoever ,Cass and Devine were involved in that .

V Pompey be here all day talking about the chances we created and missed. 

0-0 Ojos shot shot hits post why isn't coming out to a Vale player to tap in I tell you why because we were unlucky .

Garrity had 4 chances which I'd expect a player of his calibre finish 4 away from home we must have being doing something right at 1-0 to them he has miskicked over the bar when he should have been ripping the net out even at 2-0 last minute he's headed it wide when he should have headed it in .

Plants missed a great chance also where he has come inside his man and finished badly .

Then Wilson and Thomas entered the fray what actually did they do that made you think Crosby had got his selection wrong I saw little to nothing from either to be honest .

We lost the game on sat because of bad finishing there's no excuse miss the chances we missed what made it worse, when Ripley flapped at cross one of our players turned his back on the incoming shot and it ended up net .

The pen well when your given them your buzzing but if your a honest fan you would be embarrassed get a pen for that 

UTV 

Completely agree, and in fairness BG is usually fairly good with his finishing.

Luck can be bemoaned however but if you dont play a striker than you've probably only got yourself to blame and thats the frustration, it feels like these three defeats were all very very avoidable.

22 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Luck can be bemoaned however but if you dont play a striker than you've probably only got yourself to blame and thats the frustration, it feels like these three defeats were all very very avoidable.

I'm not going have a go at BG he keeps getting in  there maybe he could relax a little with his finishing if we already 1 up

So in the space of a week he could have 10 goals to his name and to be honest he probably thinks he should have.

Top player BG keep getting in there and get it in the net in future 

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Your students must be proud of what they have become with you being their teacher

I'm still scratching my head on how you became a teacher. Must not take much back in the old days

Is there really any need for this?

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

But if we played Thomas and/or Wilson those chances wouldn’t have arisen In the way they did.  All three players, Garrity, Wilson and Thomas are quite different in what they offer.  Crosby stated quite clearly his thinking and it actually worked bar our wastefulness in front of goal.  Ideally we’d be playing Loft, or now Uche, in the role filled by Garrity but neither are fit.

Had we played 3 strikers and Garrity in midfield, what then if he missed those same chances?  Would it be excusable because he’s not a striker?  Same for Plant.  Same for Thomas.  They all were costly misses but people are fixated on this striker thing for some reason.  I expect any player at this level given the chance to at least work the keeper.

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

You are wrong but keep going. One day you might be right

I am often wrong and have no problem admitting as much.  Reading through some of these posts in this topic it would seem you are never wrong.  I could be wrong, I often am. 😘

I didn't go to the Portsmouth game and haven't watched the highlights. But the stats and commentaries suggest. 

We were competitive against the league leaders.

We created a reasonable number of chances to score.

We didn't take our chances to score and missed taking the lead. 

The opposition are top of the league because they are a good side and when they mproved they scored. 

So this isn't hopeless. I feel there is not that much wrong with our squad of attackers except they are too alike. We must get a genuine centre forward out there who allows more variation in our attacking play and more presence in attack and defence at set pieces. 

To the faithful. Don't panic! Don't squabble with one another!?

20 minutes ago, Warren said:

I didn't go to the Portsmouth game and haven't watched the highlights. But the stats and commentaries suggest. 

We were competitive against the league leaders.

We created a reasonable number of chances to score.

We didn't take our chances to score and missed taking the lead. 

The opposition are top of the league because they are a good side and when they mproved they scored. 

So this isn't hopeless. I feel there is not that much wrong with our squad of attackers except they are too alike. We must get a genuine centre forward out there who allows more variation in our attacking play and more presence in attack and defence at set pieces. 

To the faithful. Don't panic! Don't squabble with one another!?

We wouldn't be Vale fans if we didn't squabble with one another Warren. Now stop talking sense, it's annoying me.😂😂

Archived