onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Happy Clappers Club

Advert

18 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I agree that being positive is much better for your health , but sticking one’s head in the sand and refusing to face reality is not good . You can be  a Happy Clapper , fair enough .  However , I think you’re seeing  the smaller picture . This is a bad situation that we find ourselves, and I’m thinking that it may be worse next season.  It’s not who’s right or wrong , it’s just sad. 

Do you really think I like what's happened to the team that was challenging for 2nd place, not so long ago? If you think I like that, because I declare myself to be a Happy Clapper is stupidity itself! But I keep looking for the positives because I don't want to turn into one of the toxic gobshites on here, who regularly hurl insults, and patronising and sexist comments towards our owner - forgetting that she is a successful and award-winning businesswoman who has just sold her business (or, one of them?) for more money then the yappies on here will ever see in their lives?

I refuse to become one of the idiots who think nothing of defaming a person's character, and slandering them based upon rumour, hearsay, imaginary events and a complete lack of knowledge of events, or evidence of wrongdoing, or any other reason than they take a dislike to that person, or believe that a League 1 club shouldn't have the setup that we have, because Rudgie didn't - all those decades ago!

I refuse to lower myself to the name-calling, and personal sleights against people they don't even know, in person.  Don't expect me to think it's ever a good thing to boo an individual player - are you really so stupid that you think it might help? Or that such a mean-spirited creature that you don't even care what effect you may have on another human being?

Don't tell me I only see the small picture - I actually do see the larger picture...and, for some of you, it's very ugly indeed.

UTV KTF VTID and keep Happy Clapping - because the alternative is bloody awful!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I don’t set out to insult you.

If you go to a restaurant and you pay 25 quid for a cold steak and burnt chips and the person serving it to you abused you, then I take it that you pay your bill and smile and go back next week?

If you go to the pub and have a warm pint for 5 quid and a bag of crisps out of date, you’d thank them and go back the following night?

If you went to work and those around you were on 2000 pounds a week and not putting any effort in, yet you were an up and coming lad, who puts a shift in and tries his best on 300 quid a week, you’d have no problem with that would you?

If your Mrs went out for weeks on end and you knew she was having an affair. Would you not be angry? Would you not be whiny? Would you not be a miserable son of a wretch? As you put it? 
Probably just best to clap along and accept.

You see Tony, you keep debating with me. 
You will end up getting personal because your debate does not stand up.

There is NOTHING wrong with “happy clapping”. Why? Because it’s everybody’s choice. People have choices in life. But I merely stated in my first post to not moan when you’re freezing in the paddock, potentially pissing in a portaloo again, after going one down against Crawley in front of 2500.

I would also suggest, only my opinion Tony, going off what you posted, is that if you’re just happy clapping for your health, then you aren’t truly invested in the club, have no fight, and therefore turn up, watch the football, clap good or bad and go home.

Each to their own pal. 
I would rather be a man and stand up and be counted and fight for this club.

Have a wonderful day.

What a stupid statement- you haven't got 11 other chefs & 3 officials in your way of cooking the best steak & chips!!!

• Confused 3

I don’t set out to insult you.

If you go to a restaurant and you pay 25 quid for a cold steak and burnt chips and the person serving it to you abused you, then I take it that you pay your bill and smile and go back next week?

If you go to the pub and have a warm pint for 5 quid and a bag of crisps out of date, you’d thank them and go back the following night?

If you went to work and those around you were on 2000 pounds a week and not putting any effort in, yet you were an up and coming lad, who puts a shift in and tries his best on 300 quid a week, you’d have no problem with that would you?

If your Mrs went out for weeks on end and you knew she was having an affair. Would you not be angry? Would you not be whiny? Would you not be a miserable son of a wretch? As you put it? 
Probably just best to clap along and accept.

You see Tony, you keep debating with me. 
You will end up getting personal because your debate does not stand up.

There is NOTHING wrong with “happy clapping”. Why? Because it’s everybody’s choice. People have choices in life. But I merely stated in my first post to not moan when you’re freezing in the paddock, potentially pissing in a portaloo again, after going one down against Crawley in front of 2500.

I would also suggest, only my opinion Tony, going off what you posted, is that if you’re just happy clapping for your health, then you aren’t truly invested in the club, have no fight, and therefore turn up, watch the football, clap good or bad and go home.

Each to their own pal. 
I would rather be a man and stand up and be counted and fight for this club.

Have a wonderful day.

Very well put post ST.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

A bit of nice news. Good to see Ollie Arblaster coming on for Sheffield United in the Prem, even if it is 6-0 down to Arsenal…

Ye premier lge debut & fully deserved even though its a thrashing. Great player & seens like a decent young man

...I would rather be a man and stand up and be counted and fight for this club.

Have a wonderful day.

Of all the <ovf censored> you've just written, "rather be a man" is the worst, most pathetic of all! Suggesting you're more of a man than me because I refuse to whinge and complain, and boo and selectively target people for abuse, and slander people and suggest that professional people are not bothered that things are going wrong is a shameful supposition to make! If that makes you a man - it's a poor world we live in! 

As to your shopping analogies - if you went into any of the shops in which you normally spend money, and didn't like the service you received, you have every right to complain...but you couldn't (shouldn't)  expect the Manager to be sacked or the owner to sell up? If you think you have that right - go - "be a man", Spunkie! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Of all the <ovf censored> you've just written, "rather be a man" is the worst, most pathetic of all! Suggesting you're more of a man than me because I refuse to whinge and complain, and boo and selectively target people for abuse, and slander people and suggest that professional people are not bothered that things are going wrong is a shameful supposition to make! If that makes you a man - it's a poor world we live in! 

As to your shopping analogies - if you went into any of the shops in which you normally spend money, and didn't like the service you received, you have every right to complain...but you couldn't (shouldn't)  expect the Manager to be sacked or the owner to sell up? If you think you have that right - go - "be a man", Spunkie! 

You see, you carry on debating with me and you carry on making yourself look stupid.

You go and quote me on where I once said I expect or even want Darren Moore to be sacked. Then go and quote me on where I said I want Carol to sell up.

You go and waste your night hunting those quotes. 
You won’t. 
Because I’ve never said that. 

I want one man fired and that’s David Flitcroft.

And you sound quite angry there. Hit a nerve have I? Thought you were just constantly happy! Clap clap clap.

Enjoy your night.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Do you really think I like what's happened to the team that was challenging for 2nd place, not so long ago? If you think I like that, because I declare myself to be a Happy Clapper is stupidity itself! But I keep looking for the positives because I don't want to turn into one of the toxic gobshites on here, who regularly hurl insults, and patronising and sexist comments towards our owner - forgetting that she is a successful and award-winning businesswoman who has just sold her business (or, one of them?) for more money then the yappies on here will ever see in their lives?

I refuse to become one of the idiots who think nothing of defaming a person's character, and slandering them based upon rumour, hearsay, imaginary events and a complete lack of knowledge of events, or evidence of wrongdoing, or any other reason than they take a dislike to that person, or believe that a League 1 club shouldn't have the setup that we have, because Rudgie didn't - all those decades ago!

I refuse to lower myself to the name-calling, and personal sleights against people they don't even know, in person.  Don't expect me to think it's ever a good thing to boo an individual player - are you really so stupid that you think it might help? Or that such a mean-spirited creature that you don't even care what effect you may have on another human being?

Don't tell me I only see the small picture - I actually do see the larger picture...and, for some of you, it's very ugly indeed.

UTV KTF VTID and keep Happy Clapping - because the alternative is bloody awful!!!!!

You should probably take a break from this. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I haven't agreed with much you have said over the last few months however I totally agree with you here.

I'm as fed up as the next person and I started raising my concerns last April with how let down I was feeling as a fan. 

I will however never resort to name calling, personal abuse of anyone (including other fans) in order to show my passion for the club. I also don't think lining the players up and giving them a mouthful would help.

I think we have to support the players, will that ball into the goal (or at least towards it for the first time in a while) in the hope that we can perform the great escape. 

At the end of the season lots of questions need to be asked and for me, the sooner DF is out of the club the better. I'm certain we can find someone else to do his job better, they could hardly do it any worse 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Emile said:

I haven't agreed with much you have said over the last few months however I totally agree with you here.

I'm as fed up as the next person and I started raising my concerns last April with how let down I was feeling as a fan. 

I will however never resort to name calling, personal abuse of anyone (including other fans) in order to show my passion for the club. I also don't think lining the players up and giving them a mouthful would help.

I think we have to support the players, will that ball into the goal (or at least towards it for the first time in a while) in the hope that we can perform the great escape. 

At the end of the season lots of questions need to be asked and for me, the sooner DF is out of the club the better. I'm certain we can find someone else to do his job better, they could hardly do it any worse 

“Support the players.”

Fans have done that all season.

”Will the ball into the goal”

You are sounding stupid. That’s an impossible scenario. It’s just a virtue signaling saying.

”Perform the great escape”

It really isn’t the great escape at all. Even if we had an half decent defence and a striker that could score we’d give ourselves half a chance!

Pathetic rallying cries are long gone with this pathetic shower we are watching.

Heres an idea. 
Maybe radical. 
But how about instead of concentrating on fans supporting the club and willing the ball in the net, which they have all season…… the actual bottle jobs on the pitch start repaying the fans and give US something to cling to and shout about.

Proof is in the pudding with this shower of <ovf censored>.

Theyve got Saturday to make amends or it will turn nasty.

• Like 3

I just think that supporting the team will have a better impact than abusing them. 

I don't think the players are as bad as they are showing currently and I think AC should have had his squad in the top 12 before January. That being said, we need a proper clear out of players in the summer regardless of what league we are in. Players like Massey, Ojo, Loft, Wilson and Jones have proved they're either not good enough or not prepared to do everything for the shirt. We also need to look at the playing budget - how have we got such a small squad supported by under 18s? And finally, we need a new head of player recruitment - the last 3 transfer windows have left gaping holes in the squad that is gross misconduct - it can't happen again in the summer.

• Like 1

Fans have every right to boo and vent frustration when it calls for it. Like now. 

The players are (mostly) grown adults who should understand that, and channel their own frustration and ours into something more productive. 

Being a soft touch because you’re low on confidence and things not going well, perhaps it’s not for you. If it can’t be recognised the fans intentions are actually in the right place, then they should move on. Support comes in many forms. Would it better if supporters just walk away because they are a bit soft? 

They should be more worried people will not turn up to pay their wages, or react at all. Silence is deafening and all that. 

Edited by NW9Valiant
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Emile said:

I just think that supporting the team will have a better impact than abusing them. 

I don't think the players are as bad as they are showing currently and I think AC should have had his squad in the top 12 before January. That being said, we need a proper clear out of players in the summer regardless of what league we are in. Players like Massey, Ojo, Loft, Wilson and Jones have proved they're either not good enough or not prepared to do everything for the shirt. We also need to look at the playing budget - how have we got such a small squad supported by under 18s? And finally, we need a new head of player recruitment - the last 3 transfer windows have left gaping holes in the squad that is gross misconduct - it can't happen again in the summer.

Top 12 without a striker?

• Like 3