onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Happy Clappers Club

Advert

30 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Well my point is, this is a forum. You're getting your knickers in a twist because I'm expressing an opinion that differs to your own here. I give praise when I feel it's due and I'm also not afraid of handing out what I feel is deserved criticism on a football forum when, in my eyes, it's warranted. If you don't want to express a negative opinion or be critical of our staff and/or players then that's your choice. Just don't throw a hissy fit when others do.

Dear Valiiant

I do sincerely apologise for my inability to communicate with you using the correct form of written English in an earlier post. My use of fullstops was an over exaggeration, as you pointed out, and for this, again, I will apologise. I was probably misguided by the fact that this is a forum, as you so profoundly pointed out, in your post to Aspin for England, and I completely forgot that I was not writing in a formal manner as you so beautifully do. Apologies.

Now, I cannot find any evidence of you giving praise, as you suggest in the said post to Aspin, in any of your posts. In fact, they seem to read as a complete indictment of anything the club does. Please could you point me towards a supportive post so that I can disprove my own theory that you are in fact on a wind up?

Also, I actually do not see too much evidence of your quoted "hissy fits" going on but of course this is a forum so one man's hissy fit is another man's support, as the saying goes.

Best wishes and I hope you enjoy this evening's game from wherever in the ground you sit and it doesn't prove too much of a disaster for you. (I'm sure you would thoroughly enjoy a good, solid 3-0 home defeat in order to light up this forum!)

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Well my point is, this is a forum. You're getting your knickers in a twist because I'm expressing an opinion that differs to your own here. I give praise when I feel it's due and I'm also not afraid of handing out what I feel is deserved criticism on a football forum when, in my eyes, it's warranted. If you don't want to express a negative opinion or be critical of our staff and/or players then that's your choice. Just don't throw a hissy fit when others do.
Er, this is the happy clappers section, thanks
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

He is massive Sheffield United fan but love how he is spending his time on holiday looking out for other club's football shirts

Yes.  He's also put money behind the bar in several places where he's played recently so that people can have a beer on him before they come to his gig.  Think thats superb!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Dear Valiiant

I do sincerely apologise for my inability to communicate with you using the correct form of written English in an earlier post. My use of fullstops was an over exaggeration, as you pointed out, and for this, again, I will apologise. I was probably misguided by the fact that this is a forum, as you so profoundly pointed out, in your post to Aspin for England, and I completely forgot that I was not writing in a formal manner as you so beautifully do. Apologies.

Now, I cannot find any evidence of you giving praise, as you suggest in the said post to Aspin, in any of your posts. In fact, they seem to read as a complete indictment of anything the club does. Please could you point me towards a supportive post so that I can disprove my own theory that you are in fact on a wind up?

Also, I actually do not see too much evidence of your quoted "hissy fits" going on but of course this is a forum so one man's hissy fit is another man's support, as the saying goes.

Best wishes and I hope you enjoy this evening's game from wherever in the ground you sit and it doesn't prove too much of a disaster for you. (I'm sure you would thoroughly enjoy a good, solid 3-0 home defeat in order to light up this forum!)

Much better. My eyes thank you for it. I was giving praise at the beginning of pre-season as I liked the signings we were making. I'm not going to waste my own time searching through my previous posts, but you're welcome to do that. What has there been to praise since? Us getting a new scoreboard?

Pre-season was terrible. To score two goals (one a penalty) against three teams lower in the leagues than us wasn't just something to be ignored because it was pre-season. It was clear evidence that we were still massively lacking as an attack going into the new season. Add to that us not bringing in a striker for X number of weeks and then ending up with a completely unproven kid and James Wilson re-signing, a player who has only a handful of goals to his name in League One, and then losing the season opener 7-0 which is an absolute piss take (as was the team selection) then I feel I should be forgiven for not showering the club and it's players and staff with ravishing praise for the time being.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Much better. My eyes thank you for it. I was giving praise at the beginning of pre-season as I liked the signings we were making. I'm not going to waste my own time searching through my previous posts, but you're welcome to do that. What has there been to praise since? Us getting a new scoreboard? Pre-season was terrible. To score two goals (one a penalty) against three teams lower in the leagues than us wasn't just something to be ignored because it was pre-season. It was clear evidence that we were still massively lacking as an attack going into the new season. Add to that us not bringing in a striker for X number of weeks and then ending up with a completely unproven kid and James Wilson re-signing, a player who has has only a handful of goals to his name in League One, and then losing the first game 7-0 which is an absolute piss take (as was the team selection) then I feel I should be forgiven for not showering the club and it's players and staff with ravishing praise for the time being.

I have no problem with posters providing criticism constructive or otherwise.  Just surprised to see it on the Happy Clapper thread or have I misunderstood why the thread was started to begin with or have I just missed the irony? I assumed anyone posting on this thread by definition saw themselves as Happy Clappers.  So now having ‘come out’ and posted this does that mean I now need to identify myself as ‘Happy Clapper’ on all my social media profiles and work emails? 

Edited by Trumpingtonvale
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

Always thought he was a Hull fan Brian .

Formed the band (Housemartins) in Hull I think.  100% Blade I understand and a big fan of local (Sunday league) football too.  He’s commented regularly on the dogs abuse referees are subjected to in the lower levels of of the football pyramid.

33 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Much better. My eyes thank you for it. I was giving praise at the beginning of pre-season as I liked the signings we were making. I'm not going to waste my own time searching through my previous posts, but you're welcome to do that. What has there been to praise since? Us getting a new scoreboard? Pre-season was terrible. To score two goals (one a penalty) against three teams lower in the leagues than us wasn't just something to be ignored because it was pre-season. It was clear evidence that we were still massively lacking as an attack going into the new season. Add to that us not bringing in a striker for X number of weeks and then ending up with a completely unproven kid and James Wilson re-signing, a player who has has only a handful of goals to his name in League One, and then losing the first game 7-0 which is an absolute piss take (as was the team selection) then I feel I should be forgiven for not showering the club and it's players and staff with ravishing praise for the time being.

Sensible post , that’s  exactly how i see it too , it’s just that Idon’t slag people off, bad mouth everyone , and criticise the staff and club I support  ON A FORUM , can’t see the point of it all ,then turning up to watch them next game . 

As for the Hussey fit , think that’s all yours

Edited by aspin for england

The idea that you can only moan if it changes something is a bit weird. Implies that no one can grumble, ever, unless they're in a position to change it. Sorry lads, bask in the pouring rain - you can't change it!

Let people have a moan lads. It's a League 1 football forum. It's no different than spouting off in the Leopard (RIP) after a game before the internet existed. 

Some folk see the positive in everything. Some folk (like me) don't. The incessant 'stop moaning' back and forth really brings down the discussion on here sometimes as any fun debate about what's going on with our little hobby degrades into about 5 lads trying to stop other lads having a bit of a whinge, which as someone from Stoke-on-Trent, is part of my birthright. It's become obsessive for a few - all they ever post is 'stop moaning!'.

If you canna handle a few lads venting and having a whinge, away from the players, club, and ground where no one really gets harmed, then don't come on a football forum - it's quite simple. 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

Sensible post , that’s  exactly how i see it too , it’s just that Idon’t slag people off, bad mouth everyone , and criticise the staff and club I support  ON A FORUM , can’t see the point of it all ,then turning up to watch them next game . 

As for the Hussey fit , think that’s all yours

So should I praise the players and staff instead on the back of a 7-0 loss? In life we all get praised sometimes and we also all get criticized at times. I'm not foaming at the mouth spouting abuse at games, or protesting. In my opinion, those who only comment when they feel somebody or something is worthy of praise here is the definition of a happy clapper. They have a right to be like that, just as those that pay money to help the club have a right to criticize as long as it's not over the top.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

I have no problem with posters providing criticism constructive or otherwise.  Just surprised to see it on the Happy Clapper thread or have I misunderstood why the thread was started to begin with or have I just missing the irony? I assumed anyone posting on this thread by definition saw themselves as Happy Clappers.  So now having ‘come out’ and posted this does that mean I know need to identify myself as ‘Happy Clapper’ on all my social media profiles and work emails? 

That's fine. I'll remove myself from the thread so you can all be happy and clappy together in your cutesy little village of Clappington, Happyville.

• Haha 3