onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley (A) match thread Sat Aug 5th

ollyandpatch

Advert

5 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

What about what you saw?

He was poor that's what i saw, calling him out as i saw it not because i like to scapegoat certain individuals. People say jones is a scape goat as well, not at all it's clear to see he isn't good enough. But it wasn't just sang was it the majority of them were a shambles yesterday once they scored we collapsed. I only took positives from a few yesterday & although it's early days i'd be lying if i said i wasn't worried with this squad 

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Could only go off what the Radio Commentators said.  Yates was not impressed from what he said.

Watched the extended night mare video and some of the players seem to pull out of tackles or just not make them.  We were always told in footy training, never pull out of tackles as you will end up injured more than likely.  

I'll have a look and get back. But didn't see yesterday.

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

He was poor that's what i saw, calling him out as i saw it not because i like to scapegoat certain individuals. People say jones is a scape goat as well, not at all it's clear to see he isn't good enough. But it wasn't just sang was it the majority of them were a shambles yesterday once they scored we collapsed. I only took positives from a few yesterday & although it's early days i'd be lying if i said i wasn't worried with this squad 

Don't agree that he was poor in the first half. Him, Ojo and Garrity were better than their midfield in the first half. Sang contributed and did what I expected him to do from what I've read and briefly, what I've seen. 
Why did you think he was poor? Particularly, the second half. As I can't remember any crosses coming from our right hand side. Also, for me, the CB should be defending the box from the crosses from the right. Not sure where they wandered off to.

But we seem (admittedly partly due to me bringing it up) to be focusing on Sang.

What about any of the CB? That's where we lost the game!

Our agenda for training will be simple: 1. How to stop crosses. 2. How to defend crosses. 

18 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Don't agree that he was poor in the first half. Him, Ojo and Garrity were better than their midfield in the first half. Sang contributed and did what I expected him to do from what I've read and briefly, what I've seen. 
Why did you think he was poor? Particularly, the second half. As I can't remember any crosses coming from our right hand side. Also, for me, the CB should be defending the box from the crosses from the right. Not sure where they wandered off to.

But we seem (admittedly partly due to me bringing it up) to be focusing on Sang.

Our agenda for training will be simple: 1. How to stop crosses. 2. How to defend crosses. 

was tidy at times first half i agree but possession doesn't win you games. Your right the defence were all over the place & should take majority of the blame. Maybe i'm just angry & shouldn't be judging so early in the season but i find it difficult find too many positives from that second half performance yesterday. Hopefully they gel soon but we don't look like scoring many either & continue to leak goals like that we will be in big trouble 

19 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Sang did well in midfield for half an hour I thought. When he got switched to right wing back not so well, remember he was touted as a wing back when we signed him. His defending at the back post for 2 of the goals is really bad, stuff that proper wing backs and full backs shouldnt be doing. Stopping the crosses is one thing, defending your back post is another. 

30 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Could only go off what the Radio Commentators said.  Yates was not impressed from what he said.

Watched the extended night mare video and some of the players seem to pull out of tackles or just not make them.  We were always told in footy training, never pull out of tackles as you will end up injured more than likely.  

Had a look. Still haven't seen anything.

Sang responsible for their third. That's it for me.

But, he should never have been taken from the CM position.

Just now, PV1973 said:

Sang did well in midfield for half an hour I thought. When he got switched to right wing back not so well, remember he was touted as a wing back when we signed him. His defending at the back post for 2 of the goals is really bad, stuff that proper wing backs and full backs shouldnt be doing. Stopping the crosses is one thing, defending your back post is another. 

My inference of the Sang signing was that he was a CM that could cover at RWB. My eyes confirmed this yesterday. Crosby should have kept him at CM.

Sang lost his man for their third. For that, I'll concede he was responsible. No more.

Which other goal do you think he was responsible for?

8 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

My inference of the Sang signing was that he was a CM that could cover at RWB. My eyes confirmed this yesterday. Crosby should have kept him at CM.

Sang lost his man for their third. For that, I'll concede he was responsible. No more.

Which other goal do you think he was responsible for?

With Clark injured who was going to go there? We’ve got no cover and my assumption from the press releases was Sang could play right wing back and had played there regularly (maybe I’m wrong), so it seemed the sensible choice for him to go there. I’d assumed that was Sang at the back post for the 7th, he has to go to the first man at the front post, that’s where the danger is and he gets nowhere near and it’s a free header in the box. Maybe I’ve got him mixed up with someone else. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

With Clark injured who was going to go there? We’ve got no cover and my assumption was Sang could play right wing back and had played there regularly (maybe I’m wrong), so it seemed the sensible choice for him to go there. I felt that on the 7th he should have gone to the first man, that’s where the danger is and he gets nowhere near and it’s a free header in the box. 

I think that's where Crosby made a mistake by moving Sang. He should have put Plant there and not lost the middle of the park by switching Sang. Not saying that we would have got anything from the game but for me, the loss of Mitch and the Sang switch had a big impact on the game.

For their seventh goal, Sang wasn't on the pitch. It was Plant at RWB.

8 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I think that's where Crosby made a mistake by moving Sang. He should have put Plant there and not lost the middle of the park by switching Sang. Not saying that we would have got anything from the game but for me, the loss of Mitch and the Sang switch had a big impact on the game.

For their seventh goal, Sang wasn't on the pitch. It was Plant at RWB.

Fair enough, my mistake. Lost track by then. 

13 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Had a look. Still haven't seen anything.

Sang responsible for their third. That's it for me.

But, he should never have been taken from the CM position.

Others have said when Sang moved position he was rubbish.  Before that he was playing well.  But still should have shown some fighting spirit and not back out of tackles.  But the team should have shown more spirit, so not fair to put it all on Sang.

Just now, PVFC764 said:

Others have said when Sang moved position he was rubbish.  Before that he was playing well.  But still should have shown some fighting spirit and not back out of tackles.  But the team should have shown more spirit, so not fair to put it all on Sang.

But is this true of Sang? Or a 'bandwagon'?

What about Cass, Smith, Jones? No ones talking about our CB defending crosses. 

I just feel some fans are 'lazily' finding a scapegoat / someone to blame because they are annoyed. But, 1. It's not fair 2. It's simply not true about Sang.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

If Balmer is out for a while then we are truly up the creek defensively.

Iacovatti wasn't trusted to start ahead of Jones.

The only competition for Cass is Lowe, who spent last season as a backup in a mid-table League 2 side.

I wouldn't necessarily say that just because jones was picked to start means lacovetti is behind him. I can understand the reason behind not throwing all the new boys at once away at a team that finished top 6 for first game of season Not saying it was the correct choice as clearly the 7:0 score shows this but maybe he was thinking he didnt want to throw so many new faces in one game. Again not justifying it as i would just play strongest team. But i feel like he chose to go with experience and it backfired massively.

1 hour ago, Diego Maradona said:

I’ve only seen the goals and alongside Jones, Sang contributed massively for some of the goals.

Archived