onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale v Plymouth May 7th. Tickets

ollyandpatch

29 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Plymouth should think themselves lucky they have a ground that allows 4000 fans for the last away game of the season. It'll be a lot of fans last games in the Bycars forever...no way should a one off away following be prioritised over home fans.

We're lucky its not Swindle otherwise we'd have to give them all parts of the ground except the Lorne Street to accommodate the huge following 

Correct! lets not look at different avenues of making extra money for the the Vale

Advert

3 hours ago, hamilboy said:

Just give them the Bycars and lorne street and let the vale fans get use to a bit of luxury in the hamil ready for next season.Their buses will be parked in the Haywood school anyway no problem at all besides that there fans can see what a proper footballer looks like [ our Roy] before they go in.

Ah yes, the luxury of the Hamil, let’s  hope so.  I think they’d taken the carpet out for cleaning last time I was in there, and I must admit that I was so preoccupied I failed to notice the marble tiles and gold fittings when I went for a dump in the Hamil bogs.  Worse still, the toiletries and freshly laundered hand towels had been half inched, then when I subsequently ordered my Dom Perignon at the bar the bartender muttered something which I took to be “sorry all the cut glass has gone so it’ll have to be a plastic”.   I think Claire Halkett is to blame.  She should swap roles with Flitcroft I reckon.  Sort it out Carol.

If any reason was needed why avoiding any bottom-four nonsense was crucial, this game is it. Plymouth, Derby and Wednesday have all sold out that end and Pompey &  Ipswich would have done the same if they'd come on the cusp of promotion. There's no club in League Two (apart from Bradford maybe) who could even dream of selling that end out. 

This game should be great. Hopefully a sell-out and a bit of sun should mean the pubs and curry houses of Burslem raking in the cash. Get lots of summer merch sold and season tickets renewed and this should be a cracking day.

Reading the Plymouth forum it seems like they are broadly ok with 4,000 tickets, apparantly Port Vale have the 8th biggest away end in the country.

Although some fans are baffled that 11,000 may be seen as a 'Sellout' in a 21,000 seater stadium. I must admit I feel the same way, we need to sort our capacity issues

3 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Reading the Plymouth forum it seems like they are broadly ok with 4,000 tickets, apparantly Port Vale have the 8th biggest away end in the country.

Although some fans are baffled that 11,000 may be seen as a 'Sellout' in a 21,000 seater stadium. I must admit I feel the same way, we need to sort our capacity issues

Well it's a 1 in 46 chance of getting us away last game. 

Could easily been Burton,Fleetwood,Exeter or Morecambe. 

I'd say Plymouth have struck gold getting us. 

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Well it's a 1 in 46 chance of getting us away last game. 

Could easily been Burton,Fleetwood,Exeter or Morecambe. 

I'd say Plymouth have struck gold getting us. 

I agree, they are lucky, even luckier to think they are the last away fans to ever go in to that stand (we assume)

However, I'm sure many chants about our thousands of empty seats will be made

11 hours ago, rob1983 said:
On 23/04/2023 at 15:50, Phil said:
No we didn't! I've sat in the railway since 1986 and never been asked to move for away fans

Away fans did use to have a section of the railway stand. Stoke went in there in the 90's as did Southampton.

Definitely,  I remember Bristol rovers for the PO final 2nd leg and west ham in the cup in particular.  Can't remember if it was every game at one time

4 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Definitely,  I remember Bristol rovers for the PO final 2nd leg and west ham in the cup in particular.  Can't remember if it was every game at one time

Away fans to have a choice of seats or terrace. The seats behind the Paddock at the Bycars end were designated away seats for every game when I started going in 87-88. 

Archived