onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale v Plymouth May 7th. Tickets

ollyandpatch

Just a suggestion(and I accept it may be daft). Why not split the Bycars in half with netting and a police cordon. We could then give the Janners 1500 more tickets while still accommodating our own supporters for a last game in the Bycars. Extra £30,000 income for us would mitigate the costs of extra policing. Just an idea!

Advert

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

No, it’s very realistic. Which our season ticket holders do you want to p*** off so more Plymouth fans can come to this game than have been to any away game this season?

I just think in todays day & age, especially with the Vale being £5.5 million in debt, if we have a chance of make a good few quid, especially on game that is going to be a dead rubber to the Vale, then we should seriously look at it.

If this game was a month or two ago, I would agree in not giving them extra but not with the last game of the season.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Plymouth need to be grateful they are away at a big capacity ground .

Ipswich on the other hand finish their season away at Fleetwood. What they'd give for 4500 tickets. 

Fleetwood away is irrelevant to compare to what we can offer with our ground capacity.

35 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I just think in todays day & age, especially with the Vale being £5.5 million in debt, if we have a chance of make a good few quid, especially on game that is going to be a dead rubber to the Vale, then we should seriously look at it.

If this game was a month or two ago, I would agree in not giving them extra but not with the last game of the season.

Not a chance of giving them any more tickets and quite right. If Plymouth make a mess of it they can only bring 3000 next season!

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

That is very short-sighted.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

If you give Plymouth the Paddock there is every chance that some home fans wouldn’t get tickets. 

Just give them the Bycars and lorne street and let the vale fans get use to a bit of luxury in the hamil ready for next season.Their buses will be parked in the Haywood school anyway no problem at all besides that there fans can see what a proper footballer looks like [ our Roy] before they go in.

Not a chance of giving them any more tickets and quite right. If Plymouth make a mess of it they can only bring 3000 next season!
Even if they do go up, isn't the limit down the road 3 000? Wolves used to say they brought more to the Vale than the Tip.

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

I understand the financial argument but I don't think it overrides the need to keep our own fans happy.

Not sure what the obsession is to overload our own ground with away fans . 4K is more than enough and will already cause it’s own problems. Any potential gains by attempting to give them more will be offset by the expense and hassles of doing this . It’s not as simple as some obviously think . Keep them at one end , they’ll be all over our pitch at the end of the match anyway , recipe for disaster and further trouble for the club after last years nonsense with Swindon !!

UTV

I read somewhere that we have the 8th biggest away end in English football higher than all in the Premier league. Only Barnsley and MK Dons offer more in our league, so they aren't doing too bad. Ipswich their rivals on the last day are at Fleetwood. !!!!

It will be interesting to see if we are allowed to provide a fan zone with alcohol for the Plymouth fans. On the one hand it could make us a tidy profit on top of ticket sales but to make it worthwhile it would have to be open for at least 3 hours. On the other hand can we sell booze so early on a Sunday, and can the police try and stick their noses in?

Plymouth should think themselves lucky they have a ground that allows 4000 fans for the last away game of the season. It'll be a lot of fans last games in the Bycars forever...no way should a one off away following be prioritised over home fans.

We're lucky its not Swindle otherwise we'd have to give them all parts of the ground except the Lorne Street to accommodate the huge following 

Archived