onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale v Plymouth May 7th. Tickets

ollyandpatch

Advert

2 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Give them the railway stand I'm in there I'd be happy move to bycars for one last hurrah in there .
Remember years ago we gave Stoke the Railway stand think it may have been the 3-1 win I cannot remember if it was that or that or the 0-2 where we put in a bad display and they thoroughly deserved there victory .

Never given Stoke the Railway Stand. Haven’t you noticed it is still intact?

On 21/04/2023 at 06:08, ollyandpatch said:

Unsurprisingly they have sold out. Many have booked hotels etc and cannot get tickets but are still travelling I would hope we will be putting on an away fanzone?

We give them the whole ground when they played Middlesboro.

5 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Give them the railway stand I'm in there I'd be happy move to bycars for one last hurrah in there .
Remember years ago we gave Stoke the Railway stand think it may have been the 3-1 win I cannot remember if it was that or that or the 0-2 where we put in a bad display and they thoroughly deserved there victory .

I think we have more season ticket holders in the Railway than seats in the bycars

13 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I think we have more season ticket holders in the Railway than seats in the bycars

I find this continual sniping at Bycars fans a little tiresome, it seems like we are being accused of being unworthy of watching the Vale because we are reluctant to move from our preferred stand. The club needs to appreciate all it's supporters because they generate revenue. I know of some Bycars season ticket holders who are not renewing because they don't want to move, which is  a shame. Cue the usual tirade of abuse about not being a  proper Vale fan...

38 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I find this continual sniping at Bycars fans a little tiresome, it seems like we are being accused of being unworthy of watching the Vale because we are reluctant to move from our preferred stand. The club needs to appreciate all it's supporters because they generate revenue. I know of some Bycars season ticket holders who are not renewing because they don't want to move, which is  a shame. Cue the usual tirade of abuse about not being a  proper Vale fan...

In fairness RZ its a sensible post ....................good god, I think I need to lie down 😆

51 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:
4 hours ago, Phil500 said:
Never given Stoke the Railway Stand. Haven’t you noticed it is still intact?

Yes we have I was there in paddock below

Hmm, Don’t recall that and have been attending since 1965. Do remember a small section of it being fenced off at the Bycars End full of West Ham fans one match. Suppose it could have been given to “ them “ as well. If they had been given all the railway stand it would have been like the Western Front with only the low wall separating them.

Hmm, Don’t recall that and have been attending since 1965. Do remember a small section of it being fenced off at the Bycars End full of West Ham fans one match. Suppose it could have been given to “ them “ as well. If they had been given all the railway stand it would have been like the Western Front with only the low wall separating them.
The fenced off end of the Railway Stand was the away seating, so Stoke would have had that. I remember a game against Stoke when the Railway Paddock was closed.

9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
16 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

The fenced off end of the Railway Stand was the away seating, so Stoke would have had that. I remember a game against Stoke when the Railway Paddock was closed.

With a line of police in riot gear standing along the front iirc.

Why should we give Plymouth more?  I very much suspect they will have been given more tickets for this game than for any other away game this season. Giving them sections of the home seating will be more trouble than it’s worth in terms of extra policing and stewarding costs and the likelihood of peeing off home fans. 

15 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Why should we give Plymouth more?  I very much suspect they will have been given more tickets for this game than for any other away game this season. Giving them sections of the home seating will be more trouble than it’s worth in terms of extra policing and stewarding costs and the likelihood of peeing off home fans. 

Agree 

This will be my last game watching in the Bycars b4 the move to the Hamil.  I don't want Plymouth fans in there I want it packed out with vale fans.  Get ready hoppers my back's a lot better so should be fit for the Plymouth game 😇

We used to give all away fans the corner of the railway stand , in fact I think Argyle complained about the view/abuse they were getting afterwards. It was when the Hamil was being rebuilt. 
The Paddock was closed v Stoke by Council when we drew 1-1(McPhee), we’ve never given Stoke the Railway. Some popped in during the 3-1 and hastily left. 

On 22/04/2023 at 12:18, dun 4 said:

Plymouth have 3 home games together (Cambridge, Bristol Rovers and Burton) before coming to us. If they win the 3 home games, they are promoted, the Vale game will be irrelevant to them.

I’d say if they’re already promoted, possibly as champions, it’s not “irrelevant to them” any they’ll still be out in very good numbers to celebrate.  If Ipswich can beat Barnsley it’s going down to the wire and our fixture will be massive for them.

Archived