onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale v Plymouth May 7th. Tickets

ollyandpatch

21 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Its a lame excuse. Its a seat and we have a chance of making more money, the club should look at it

Its not a lame excuse🙄 There is no area in the ground where anymore away fans can be seated without home fans being denied a seat. Under current restrictions there is not enough room in the stadium to allow this. Until the safety and ground regulations are met Vale Park capacity  will be severely limited.

Advert

Got to limit it. Why give them any advantage, we want to win

Talking of increased Hamil capacity, in the old days, Wembley had 100k capacity for the FA Cup final but 90k for Rugby League as Rugby fans were said to be bigger. Maybe Plymouth fans are skinny😀

48 minutes ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

Lots of comments on this thread where folk are in contortions trying to come up with permutations that would give our club extra 'coin' for this fixture. Please remember that there is a very simple thing we can all do. If ST holders who know in advance that they will not be attending for whatever reason, go onto their account on the website and hit the button that informs the staff that they will not be attending, then this releases their seat for re sale to another person. Fed up this year of hearing people saying that they heard that the Lorne street was sold out but that there are obviously a significant number of empty seats. it's always 'all available tickets sold'. Granted that all other areas of the ground can be sold out but will still have empty seats due to H&S restrictions but this does not apply to a modern section like the Lorne street making it obvious to notice. How many of the 6,500 ST holders are not going to this fixture, and how many will let the club know this fact? It will not make a difference to the club's income on a tuesday night against Morcambe but it could be significant in this instance.

I’ve always given my ticket to mates who still live local or have released it as described above if I known I’m not going a game.  For this game I’ll be trying to switch my seat in the paddock, along with  a few others I know, for one in the Bycars for one last hurrah!  Releasing my seat in the RP and hopefully contributing to making the ‘Good Availability Bycars Stand’ a misnomer.

Perhaps the club should have tried to be more creative in trying to fill the other parts of the ground with home fans rather than our thinking about giving up other areas of the ground to the away fans eg  1000 home fans on the gate at half price would match income from an extra 500 away fans and some of those may come back next season too?

Yeah. Steve Brooker and Bobby Zamora got involved in a bit of handbags over in front of Lorne Street. Zamora saw yellow but the referee inexplicably gave Brooker a red. On appeal it was overturned so he wasn’t suspended for the start of the following season.

It was a cagey sort of game with Vale hanging on with ten men. Brighton won it late on with an inswinging free kick from a crossing position that curled inside the top corner.

22 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

They won league 1, or Division 2 as it was then, in 2001/02. Their last game of the season was at Vale. They'd already won the league by then so guessing lifted the trophy at their place the week before.

Time may have fogged the memory, that Brighton match, Vale fans went into the pitch but Vale players didnt come out. The ground was cleared of all Vale fans, then the Brighton players came out to salute their 4,500 fans. I can't remember if the trophy was there. I am sure that was in the Sentinel.

36 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Time may have fogged the memory, that Brighton match, Vale fans went into the pitch but Vale players didnt come out. The ground was cleared of all Vale fans, then the Brighton players came out to salute their 4,500 fans. I can't remember if the trophy was there. I am sure that was in the Sentinel.

You might be right. I do remember Vale fans going on the pitch, effectively stopping their fans getting on. One Vale fan was sent to prison for mooning (true story) the Brighton fans.

On 27/04/2023 at 11:28, MelbourneValiant said:

Yes after the ground was cleared of home fans we could hear vale playing songs on the tannoy system and could hear Brighton supporters having a celebration party with their players ,fair play to them after we swarmed on the pitch when got promoted at their place years before .

36 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

May aswell give them the whole ground seasons over .
It be just a big party for them .
Do you see our players doing Ipswich a favour ,I don't think so do you ?
Enjoy the game the faithful myself season ticket holder give it a miss ill go for a walk instead.
UTV

Beggars belief.

if you count season tickets this year Vale have averaged 9000.

there will be close to 12000 there on Sunday.

46 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Enjoy the game the faithful myself season ticket holder give it a miss ill go for a walk instead.
UTV

Make sure you release your ticket so someone else can have your seat then 👍

4 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

UTV

Well considering we are only selling tickets in the paddock (looks like about 20 left) and the Bycars, most Vale fans don't share your view thank god. It's been a shocking 2nd half of the season, a lot of these players aren't going to be with us much longer, but they've ultimately achieved the original goal for this season, which was stay up. I'll be going, hoping we stop them winning the league on our ground. And if they do, hopefully their fans stay off the pitch, we get to clap our players for their efforts and wish them farewell. I'd probably stick around watch the trophy be lifted. Not something you see every day at Vale.

Archived