onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale v Oxford - The Game & Post Match Comments

valetillidye

Griff. 6. Steady enough. Thought he pushed his luck a little with the challenge he got booked for, god job he won the ball I suspect.

I never thought it was a yellow card.. I thought it was a great challenge and I personally think we should really try and keep hold of him.. I think hes underrated with his work rate and how much he does actually break up the play for us..

Advert

Let's wait and see who Micky keeps and who decides to walk next week. Oh, and who else he brings in.

I don't want to sound too much like a miserable sod on the day we won a match but it'll have a bearing on how we do next season.

richards v duberry was quality. and the challenge griff got booked for he won the ball 100% i was more shocked he didn't get booked before for some of his challenges, plus how duberry didn't get booked for going over the ball and catching rigg in the knee was a joke. but a superb performance from the lads, rigg took his goal well good job really as nearly all the paddock were screaming to pass it to pope :laugh: he'd have got linched if he'd missed. roll on next season and better times at port vale fc

A very enjoyable last game. Vale played well second half when they started to attack by going forwards instead of sideways. Joe Davis gets better with every game.

Not wishing to be negative but the lad has a long way to go, positionally, physically & with his distribution. Not convinced yet I'm afraid.

I think Griff got a booking because he went off the ground, and with a little bit of a two footed nature. Thankfully he fully won the ball but I could understand it.

More baffling was the decision to not book Duberry for an over the top challenge on Rigg but expecting consistency from refs at this level is the definition of insanity.

i got to speak to griff after the game.and said hope to see you nxt season.

He repied" i dunno abt that just yet" with a sad looking face. now just my opinion,but i felt in that moment,that hes going and bit emotional thats its his last game.hope im wrong. we need keep griff and richards. others...im not so sure.

Good performance to finish off a mixed season. Was disappointed with Oxford they had everything to play for especially after hearing Crewe were getting beat at half time. Just shows in this league it won't take a lot more to dominate teams in this league. Roll on next season i'm hopeful of better times returning.

Don't think Griff will be as big a loss as some people make out, he's a good player at this level but not spectacular, he's a good tackler and strong but plays too many square balls for my liking and he hasn't got a consistent shot on him. He will be easier to replace than finding a creative midfielder/leader to dictate the play.

Griffith does offer the team something - but were not talking about a Ray Walker here and he can be replaced. Good luck to him if he does go, he's still young and can continue improving his overall game.

Archived