onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

20 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, it wasn't just Wednesday, was it? He was hacked down at Wycombe too and both that tackle and the one at Wednesday went unpunished. I think he got hammered at Cambridge as well, though I might be mistaken.

When you have a player who the opposition choose to disable because they can't cope with him, that player is in for serious injury problems. So simply saying he's just injury prone won't cut it in my view. Yes, he has had injuries all his career but I bet he's had more than his fair share of brutal punishment. 

So you're right: I'd defy any player to take that sort of punishment on a regular basis and be fit to play. Can't wait for him to be back as it will mark a turning point in our fortunes. Let's hope it's sooner than later.

Excellent post friend. 

Well thought out 

Advert

When I saw the front three today I was certainly very depressed. It isn't an attack, it's a collection of advanced midfield players. But it did manage to take the lead which we couldn't hold on to because, I summise, we have a disorganised defence and weak keeper. 

23 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Didn’t even bother listen to the game today, I knew the outcome as soon as the team was announced. So did Bowers and Sproson on Radio Joke before anyway starts calling me out as being negative, but then it’s a plain as the nose on your face. 

Whatever lead to Hall leaving, the simple fact is he hasn’t been replaced. We are so weak at the back it’s untrue. Three very similar CBs with no height, strength, pace and questionable passing ability. Benning seems to have reverted to the same player as he was this time last year. The midfield is an absolute joke. Ojo seems to be made of glass, Garrity played out of position and I think I’m correct in saying hasn’t scored this year or (save from the infamous handball on Tuesday) looked likely to, Conlon is struggling for form and fitness and again, overall, no guile, creativity or goals. Then the forward line. Both Butters and Politic blow scorching hot or freezing cold, Massey is useless as a sole striker and the other three goalscorer are treatment table regulars.   

Whilst DC continues to have my support, people are right to ask questions. If we really are potless, why not just come out and say it and hence we will have a more prudent January transfer window??? Literally every true Vale fan would be fine with that and expectations are then managed. Instead we have what was literally last minute signing who on the face or it looked a decent bet but has already missed three matches through injury so clearly Oxford knew something, and this being in the one area of the team where we were desperate for someone! So then the who recruitment process starts getting understandably slated because it’s basically looks like they’ve been doing bugger all.

I think - and I said at the time - standing still is not an option in professional football. Our form has literally nose-dived and whilst we’re not in Askey / Michael Brown territory yet, we are getting sucked into the relegation battle and 50 points seems a long way off still. Barnsley is another tough game I don’t see us getting anything from and with the likes of Bolton to come the games aren’t getting any easier. I literally cannot see we’re the next win is coming from at the moment I’m afraid.

Pity you didn't watch it. Conlon had a fairly good game; Garrity was man of the match the other night and Proc played well today.

When I saw the team sheet, like you, I thought it had disaster written all over it.  BUT - especially in the second half, they played quite well and we're u fortunate to not come away without a draw.

It's only my humble point of view but the reason we're in poor firm is because we are so lacking in the attack department and this has a knock on effect throughout the team.

The midfield has no one they can play forward to with confidence, the defence sees the midfield static as they can't go forward, we then put pressure on ourselves and everyone lacks confidence. Other teams see it and smell it and take advantage of it. We had the same last year for several games.

We then got ourselves together and got in the play offs. 

Once our attacking department returns (and it will take a few games for them to get match fit and gel again) a lot of that confidence will return. 

Again, just my view, but we as a team are better than the bottom 6-8 teams - once our attack returns. And we'll survive. 

3 hours ago, Valiiant said:

It doesn't really matter how he got injured this time. What matters is that we'll never get him playing anything like the amount of games you would hope from him. He was an injury stricken player when he joined and that's not changed one little bit since.

He played 47 games last season. 

39 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, it wasn't just Wednesday, was it? He was hacked down at Wycombe too and both that tackle and the one at Wednesday went unpunished. I think he got hammered at Cambridge as well, though I might be mistaken.

When you have a player who the opposition choose to disable because they can't cope with him, that player is in for serious injury problems. So simply saying he's just injury prone won't cut it in my view. Yes, he has had injuries all his career but I bet he's had more than his fair share of brutal punishment. 

So you're right: I'd defy any player to take that sort of punishment on a regular basis and be fit to play. Can't wait for him to be back as it will mark a turning point in our fortunes. Let's hope it's sooner than later.

The issue is though whoever the best player is for a club, the opposition will always target that player, watch a lot of premier league football and some of the treatment top players get is really bad but they don't seem to get injured all the time like Wilson.  He is without doubt Championship standard but he is never going to stay fit to fulffill his potential.  

Not sure what the majority has been said on here, only read the last page but I am getting increasingly worried by recent results and performances and the baffling tactics and team selection from the manager.  No matter what anyone says on here, we had an awful January window and the feel good factor around the club is slipping away at an alarming rate.  We need results and quickly, 9 points looks comfortable but bad results in the coming weeks and that will soon be a 4 or 5 point gap and I can't see where the next win is coming from.

One last thing, the minutes silence was shockinly observed, yes it was Shrewsbury fans who started it, but boo them after the silence not boo whilst it is on.  Just don't make any noise and the idiots will be those morons to the right of us.

It's on that wonder of Vale site nowt do with me .
Why would I want spread rumours especially ones which may /or may not be true if it damages the club I want them win games not lose but what tends happen when losing fans start gossiping about this and that cause there titsed off cause we are losing .

Do you ever read what you post ?

YOU spread the rumour on here.

YOU posted the leaked changes on here.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Do you ever read what you post ?

YOU spread the rumour on here.

YOU posted the leaked changes on here.

No I just quote what others put on other sites and what folk tell me at the ground .
Most of it I do not believe myself personally .
That doesn't mean I'm not going post it I post see if it's what others have heard
Usually they have not so no truth in it whatsoever .
The truth is spoke on the pitch 13 defeats in whatever how many games we have played .
Last 2 saturdays conceding 3 every week .
Beating ourselves regularly .
I'm more concerned that the players do not have the capacity to have the passion keep the ball out of our net our 2 goals today seen them are terrific football goals .
We have a soft centre at the back .
Thats pretty damn obvious
UTV

4 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

You and numerous others think u know everything about football and constantly say the same <ovf censored> every time we lose 

We’re sick of reading your negative drivel

"Screamers" is short for Screaming Knicker-wetters! 

Well said Packmoor_Vale!!!

4 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Why even mention Wilson? At best he will come back for a handful of games and then be missing again for a while. His career proves this, season after season. An utter liability and our modern day Lee Matthews.

Must be great to know the future! My version of the future says he may just score a goal that earns us the point(s) to keep us comfortably in League 1!  So - we'll see, eh?

5 hours ago, Walka003 said:
5 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

Who leaked the team 24 hours before the game ?

Probably made no difference but the club keeps information very close to its chest so why leak the side.

You must know.

Just goes to show that a lot of "rumours" that people are shot down for have substance after all. Breadwinner was one of the first to come on here and talk about the Donaldson rumour

Yes - but BW isn't the only one to have got "rumours" right, and spread them on here!

No I just quote what others put on other sites and what folk tell me at the ground .
Most of it I do not believe myself personally .
That doesn't mean I'm not going post it I post see if it's what others have heard
Usually they have not so no truth in it whatsoever .

For the last time...........

So repeating what you read on other sites and what folk tell you, most of which you don't believe personally, and then posting it on here... are you not spreading the rumour further?

Archived