onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

I'm not sure I get the Mal Benning love-in from Saturday. He was about in line with a lot of other player performances. Having an engine and continuing to run around for 98th minutes is admirable, but doesn't make up for a lack of quality in the final third - especially important against ten men when the opposition go narrow to pack the middle of the pitch leaving your wing backs with plenty of ball, time and space. 

Nothing against Benning, but his performance was more frustration than adulation from this spectator. 

Advert

2 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

I'm not sure I get the Mal Benning love-in from Saturday. He was about in line with a lot of other player performances. Having an engine and continuing to run around for 98th minutes is admirable, but doesn't make up for a lack of quality in the final third - especially important against ten men when the opposition go narrow to pack the middle of the pitch leaving your wing backs with plenty of ball, time and space. 

Nothing against Benning, but his performance was more frustration than adulation from this spectator. 

Benning had to defend, he was up against their stellar winger on loan from Liverpool (and kept him relatively quiet), (not sure if it was him he cheekily nutmegged near his own corner to get out of trouble mind!)

In response to " JEFFERS", comment that Bolton fans should be accountable for the shocking singing aimed at referee Ross  Joyce. " You know your a RACIST, that's what you are". It is an extremely strong and totally untrue comment. YES Ross Joyce did incorrectly send off Ricardo Santos at Morecambe last season, which was overturned on appeal. As a grassroots referee myself I always go out to referee with unbiased view. I don't hold grudge against any player. As Ross Joyce was until recently the youngest ever referee to officiate in "The EFL". I am sure he is very proud of that achievement. He is Eston a suburb of Middlesbrough in Cleveland. Fans do get carried away and either sing daft songs or shout out ridiculous abuse. I was taken to court three years ago in relation to a song I sang in a football ground. Fortunately I had never been in trouble in my life and with being a grassroots football referee, I thought that the situation was crazy. As most weeks I am verbally abused by players who don't get decisions which they want. Long and short of it I sang a song along with another 150 fans at a game. Unfortunately I was the loudest and was singled out. I finished up in court. Fortunately I had a first class solicitor and I was correctly found NOT GUILTY. It cost me £1,350 in solicitors fees and when I won my day in court I received £520 in compensation. But for me I should have had every penny back in compensation. Fans need to remember there is always someone out to get you. When as in the case of the Bolton fans on Saturdayand the vast majority sang the disgusting slur. Picking out individuals is extremely difficult.

23 hours ago, MBE said:

The guy is is an arrogant <ovf censored>. Always has been

Absolutely. Has anyone else seen Evatt's comments about their next game. He actually said the following - "Unfortunately for Morecambe we have a magnificent squad of players..."

I think he thinks he's managing Man City not a League One side...

If I were Morecambe I'd pin that up on the dressing room wall and if they (hopefully) win hand it back to him with a "thanks very much for the motivation" -

25 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Benning had to defend, he was up against their stellar winger on loan from Liverpool (and kept him relatively quiet), (not sure if it was him he cheekily nutmegged near his own corner to get out of trouble mind!)

It was the frib number 4 who should also have been sent off

13 minutes ago, robf said:

Absolutely. Has anyone else seen Evatt's comments about their next game. He actually said the following - "Unfortunately for Morecambe we have a magnificent squad of players..."

I think he thinks he's managing Man City not a League One side...

If I were Morecambe I'd pin that up on the dressing room wall and if they (hopefully) win hand it back to him with a "thanks very much for the motivation" -

Prize Pillock.

Nailed on as Swindles next manager. They'd love him there. His comment,"We'd have won comfortably with 11 men." Really? Based on what? One save by the keeper. He made more saves when they had 10 men.

13 hours ago, Warren said:

My favourite save - the wrong term I know - was back in the 1990's v Middlesbrough at Vale Park when Mark Schwarzer saved a half volley from I think Porter. But that aside both keepers had great games and also I would say the last ditch defending was excellent for both teams.

Was that when he pretended to smoke a cigar?

Archived