onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: EFLC1 Port Vale v Rotherham United

Fosse69

Advert

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:
I mean there was someone being openly racist at Exeter, was making me uncomfortable tbh, not a fan of the Massey chant myself either

Dare I ask what the chant is? Didn't go last night so have absolutely no idea

Basically talking about the size of his penis

9 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I mean there was someone being openly racist at Exeter, was making me uncomfortable tbh, not a fan of the Massey chant myself either

Needs bringing to the clubs attention so the stewards are ready for it, otherwise it could become serious.

39 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

I don’t know…. Maybe it would mean we didn’t have the money left to sign out number 1 target? Also it wont be 8 games with a 17 yr old midfielder up front… Massey us back for Saturday and and we have a proper league 1 forward available also…. With Wilson waiting in the wings…. So surely it’s more important to wait for our number 1 target than sign someone else now just for the sake of it? 

It's all ifs buts and maybes in football.  There is no way a manager can know who will be freed up on the last day of the window and that the player won't choose someone else. 

We have increased our compliment of ethnic black players. Racism needs stamping on. It is a problem though; the stewards are there to control the crowd in terms of access and to deter violence by yellow vesting visibility etc.

However, in my 45 years of watching football everywhere I have never seen stewards willing to attend to the bad behaviour of individual / small groups of 2-3 fans. To deal with say 1 fan singing a racist tune needs 5-10 stewards to confront him / her (actually not got enough female stewards to confront a female) so they have overwhelming force. In some ways its no different to policing where between 2-4 are the min needed to arrest someone safely if they present a risk of violence. 

Someone being racist is likely to have drunk and / or be a snothead type of individual.

Back to the football. If we knew we were signing Ellis Harrison on Thursday then Proctor should have started on Wednesday. We could have beaten Rotherham after we got going following a slow start. We needed striker presence in the box to get double / triple / quadruple the shots off in the game. I take this tournament seriously. It is a major trophy and League 1 isn't. The major national trophies are the Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup. Stoke City are beating Port Vale 1-0 in major trophies having won the League Cup in 1972. 

This is my last post on this. It's over and it's time to move on and get back with the generally positive feeling around the club. 

37 minutes ago, Warren said:

Back to the football. If we knew we were signing Ellis Harrison on Thursday then Proctor should have started on Wednesday. We could have beaten Rotherham after we got going following a slow start. We needed striker presence in the box to get double / triple / quadruple the shots off in the game. I take this tournament seriously. It is a major trophy and League 1 isn't. The major national trophies are the Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup. Stoke City are beating Port Vale 1-0 in major trophies having won the League Cup in 1972. 

This is my last post on this. It's over and it's time to move on and get back with the generally positive feeling around the club. 

I don't think we had much chance of levelling that up this season anyway to be honest fella.

National trophies are a closed shop for the upper reaches of the Prem. Bar clubs playing in Europe from the League Cup.
Swindon on a par with Stoke?
Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived