Advert:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paine is very, very talented.

On tonights meeting - 230 attended. I have to say that behind my initial scepticism of David Flitcroft and Darrell Clarke, I feel the need to report that tonight has convinced me somewhat of thei

Up in Carol's office, and will be on public display when fans are back. Mike will be keeping an eye on any potential conmen/frauds at the club.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, pete vale said:

On tonights meeting - 230 attended.

I have to say that behind my initial scepticism of David Flitcroft and Darrell Clarke, I feel the need to report that tonight has convinced me somewhat of their real desire and passion to succeed. I think it's natural that we as Vale supporters are a bit wary having witnessed the goings on of the last 20 years or more and in particular with Smurthwaite.

This club WILL be professionally run from top to bottom, I thank Carol and Kevin for the vision to try and achieve that and all you guys who have supported the club in difficult times and will continue to do so.

So many things are going on, all with a passion, all with us in mind, all with a responsiblity to achieve success for us all.

I'm sure we'll survive and if and when we do lets see what happens.

I'll be there whatever happens but tonight has reassured me that at least we have the beginnings of a structure that will surpass the dross we have witnessed now for far too long.

Talk is cheap, as I have said before but I really do wish these two fellas all the best in their mission, one that if successful will bring so much joy to our lives.

"We go again" as they say far too frequently, this time with purpose.

Fantastic effort by all at Port Vale to recognise the loss of valued and loved supporters with so much heart and compassion.

3 points Saturday....

Excellent ,reassuring, meeting.Interesting to hear a request for a truce from slagging players and club,  via Social Media,for the next 12 games.FOR THE SAKE OF PORT VALE ,LET'S ALL DO IT☺

• Like 4

Advert:

Just now, Danish Valiant said:

Although Mark said all questions sent in would be asked, mine didn't though... 🤷‍♂️

Was it linked to a similar question asked??

6 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Excellent ,reassuring, meeting.Interesting to hear a request for a truce from slagging players and club,  via Social Media,for the next 12 games.FOR THE SAKE OF PORT VALE ,LET'S ALL DO IT☺

Agree, this could turn out to be a good thing, there WILL and already is a process to bring 'root and branch' change. if we don't get wins in the next 12 games then the players themselves will take the majority of responsibility imo. They are being worked hard, have been told a few truths and I expect them to deliver, particularly when Amoo, Worrall and Tom Pope are playing. I hope I'm right, more confident than I was for sure.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Although Mark said all questions sent in would be asked, mine didn't though... 🤷‍♂️

He asked 3 of the 4 I put forward and to be honest i was not expecting that. Many questions were combined on a 'like type' theme. Lets see what the next 12 games bring starting Saturday.

• Like 1

Certainly the three delegates have ambition, pride and professionalism.

For mr, they answered the questions honestly and we now just need to see the results from what they are able to improve over the next 12 games.

They know of the issues, so hopefully they will have the skills with the current resources to put it right?

Carol seems to be backing them all the way as the PROJECT will no doubt succeed.

Crying shame if it doesn’t work out! Fingers and toes crossed for the next 12 games.

• Like 3

Advert:

25 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Thats a great point, this mindless brain dead slagging off of players is cowardly, those that do it wouldn't say owt face to face with them so as you say .....FOR THE SAKE OF PORT VALE ,LET'S ALL DO IT

• Like 4

Hmmm...everything seems nice and positive, and I'm sure we will avoid relegation...which means we will go into a summer clearout and recruitment like we haven't experienced before. So, how's about starting with long-term contract for DF - I feel the DoF ought to be in place for a longer term than anyone else, if he does the job well? And Andy Crosby - has worked with Nigel Adkins at 5 different clubs, as well as coach Ireland U-21s...there's some good knowledge and experience there - let's have him signed, as well?   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

Thats a great point, this mindless brain dead slagging off of players is cowardly, those that do it wouldn't say owt face to face with them so as you say .....FOR THE SAKE OF PORT VALE ,LET'S ALL DO IT

Most of us don't do it, anyway. The usual suspects will tell you all to <ovf censored> off - "I will say what I want!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was very impressed tonight. Obviously relegation is a catastrophe and I think we have just enough in the squad and with the new backroom team to avoid that. 

Some of the answers tonight about the sporting fitness side were staggering. I hadn't realised how unprofessional we have been. So that is being resolved. We have been failing for the whole this century bar a couple of seasons and a lot of that has to do with not having a framework in place. 

The overarching thought I had was the owners are funding the club and aiming to develop it through investment. There is not guarantee that will provide return through growth in support, league status and other commercials. But limping on is as bigger risk. If you keep playing with fire at the bottom of the league you will get burned eventually. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Fair enough. 

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Hmmm...everything seems nice and positive, and I'm sure we will avoid relegation...which means we will go into a summer clearout and recruitment like we haven't experienced before. So, how's about starting with long-term contract for DF - I feel the DoF ought to be in place for a longer term than anyone else, if he does the job well? And Andy Crosby - has worked with Nigel Adkins at 5 different clubs, as well as coach Ireland U-21s...there's some good knowledge and experience there - let's have him signed, as well?   

Andy Crosby has coached Northern Ireland U-21’s . 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Up in Carol's office, and will be on public display when fans are back.

Mike will be keeping an eye on any potential conmen/frauds at the club.

30 sq m and on top of the Bycars. Thats where it belongs.

Look good as a badge on a hoodie too.

A LEGEND is Mike.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Issue there is if it Dosent go to plan we have a large amount of staff on long contract which will cost more to terminate. I’d treat it as a players contract personally, maybe other than the DOF. Crosby on paper looks a really good appointment still personally don’t think we should be offering really long contracts on that basis. Let him do well for us and extend it when he does