onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thank you

boslemportvale91

This may come across really cheesy and cringe worthy so I apologise in advance.

A few months ago I posted about anxiety and depression and how I was particular suffering. 

Even though they are strangers and posters(which I've never met) they gave me the best advice and help I needed when all the mental health facilities were backed up. And I honestly stand by my comment that OVF is the best fans forum out there. 

Nearly 6 months on and I'm in such a better place. Last year I really hit breaking point where it ended up with an ambulance being called out. I'm nowhere near back to my normal self and have a long road to go  but I wanna thank everyone who has helped and shared similar messages . 

Lockdown was brutal for me personally. But anyone else suffering please speak up , there's always a helping hand here if you need if. 

Up the OVF and up the Vale ! 

Advert

33 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

A few months ago I posted about anxiety and depression and how I was particular suffering. 

Even though they are strangers and posters(which I've never met) they gave me the best advice and help I needed when all the mental health facilities were backed up. And I honestly stand by my comment that OVF is the best fans forum out there. 

Nearly 6 months on and I'm in such a better place. Last year I really hit breaking point where it ended up with an ambulance being called out. I'm nowhere near back to my normal self and have a long road to go  but I wanna thank everyone who has helped and shared similar messages . 

Lockdown was brutal for me personally. But anyone else suffering please speak up , there's always a helping hand here if you need if. 

Neither cheesy nor cringeworthy, Boslem PV 91 - many of us have been there, and come out of it but only with a hell of a lot of support from friends and family - and it's fair to call Vale fans friends and family! Keep going, mate - never be afraid to ask for help! Best wishes!! 🙃

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Great news to hear, mate.  So glad you are feeling better and delighted that folk on here contributed to the improvement in your wellbeing. 

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Of course no need to apologise and am so happy for you. Tends to be a bit of an ongoing battle so keep your guard up. I think your experience also shows that the dreaded internet can be a force for good, when used kindly. As much as it is for bad, when used hatefully. So we should all think on before mouthing off. 

Just hope the Vale give you a pick up at some point with a win.

16 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Of course no need to apologise and am so happy for you. Tends to be a bit of an ongoing battle so keep your guard up. I think your experience also shows that the dreaded internet can be a force for good, when used kindly. As much as it is for bad, when used hatefully. So we should all think on before mouthing off. 

Just hope the Vale give you a pick up at some point with a win.

I remember you commenting before and reaching out. Honestly thank you, it's sounds silly but even the odd comment on social media can help a dark mind. You definitely helped when I  needed and I can't show enough gratitude. 

Thank you to everyone who replied. I honestly can't thank you enough, 

I felt really guilty to post this as many have seen much worse on the front line.

I know this is a fans forum about opinions and views but honestly thank you so much. Those comments and feedback really has  helped me to get this far 

Once we're back in the grounds, I owe you all a beer. UTV

Well done Burslem PV91! It takes both courage and skill to share your points. 
Not an easy task that you have articulated very well!

Good luck with your progress and journey. Stay safe and well and we’ll done to all on the forum who have showed their support.

Humans can be great!

VTID

Wow....that is a great post to read! Brilliant to hear your news and just proves all those moaning Owd Gits on here......we're alright really! Keep yourself well, mate, we're always here with a helping ear......and as someone else said hopefully the bliddy football may help at some stage??????

UTV

Archived