Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just checked and it's a 6pm kick off this one. So don't get caught out.

Lightweight.

Seriously does anyone truly believe that Pugh will play that same 11 away from home again in the league? Not a chance on this earth will he. Seems like some are just using that side as an excuse

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We’ve gone from being the worst side in the league to now a side all of a sudden capable of having a stormer in the space of a match. My comment of writing the season of was I reference to carol last night in which she has given Pugh to the end of the season and then look at it at the end of the year. 

Im not saying it's definitely going to happen but why cant it the first few games showed we are more than capable of getting results in this league 

also i must if missed when she said this season is a write off 

pugh getting it till the end of the season doesnt mean its written off she believes pugh is capable of doing well for the remainder of the season

Edited by Vale1995

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im not saying it's definitely going to happen but why cant it the first few games showed we are more than capable of getting results in this league 

also i must if missed when she said this season is a write off 

pugh getting it till the end of the season doesnt mean its written off she believes pugh is capable of doing well for the remainder with squad 

She didn’t specifically say it. The comment of we will give it pugh to the end of the season and judge it from there, to me is essentially saying that. 
First few results yeah I’ll give you that, didn’t think we played particularly well in them but some good results. Think we need quite a few signings that would improve the starting 11 for us to have any chance in getting close to play offs. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

She didn’t specifically say it. The comment of we will give it pugh to the end of the season and judge it from there, to me is essentially saying that. 
First few results yeah I’ll give you that, didn’t think we played particularly well in them but some good results. Think we need quite a few signings that would improve the starting 11 for us to have any chance in getting close to play offs. 

She obviously believes that it is best to wait until the season is over to look for a new manager so they can build a squad they want that in no way is saying this season is a write off keep the faith teams normally do well when fans start to write them off

i agree with you we do need quite a few signings but the quality of this league is pretty abysmal so if you can get the team playing for eachother and motivated then thats half the job done i wouldnt be surpised to see us go on a run of results now askey is gone

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s one hell of an if! We’ve only beaten Grimsby let’s see how we do against a decent side in forest green before getting so far ahead of ourselves. 

Exactly. So we shouldn’t risk key injuries then should we in a meaningless competition.

Just now, Powerline said:

Exactly. So we shouldn’t risk key injuries then should we in a meaningless competition.

I’d usually agree however personally I think we should given we’ve got to this stage. Good money on offer was hoping for a better 11. Nothing against the likes of visser playing, it’s that midfield that’s worrying me 

Advert:

17 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Why have we written off the league? Theres a long way to go

if we can put a run of 5-6 wins in a short period we would not be far off the play offs 

Matter of winning 2 games more than teams above us below 6th place, but some have a few games in hand.

I think someone mentioned it yesterday but a midfield 3 (if that’s how we go for part of the remainder of the season) of Manni, Conlon and Taylor should be pretty decent. Even if we went with a 2 in the middle of midfield, I go with a fully fit Manni and A N Other. Hope he’s back soon.

Just now, PVFC764 said:

Ifollow Radio Commentary keeps cutting out.  Anyone else having that problem.

No commentary at all for me, but since it’s Blakeman and Sproson, that’s probably a good thing.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Either I'm losing it or there's a weird humming noise in the background, similar to when you can't pick up a station on the radio 

That's Sproson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4