Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me wishes we had put out a full strength team. You can’t learn much putting out a vastly changed team of our back ups, especially against a team like Sunderland who appear, even with their changes to be solid league 1 level.

This is the final cup hope we have, with even the faint hope of a Wembley crowd to give us income. Is it too much to ask our squad, already out of all the cups in Jan, to make an effort for an extra game? 

Advert:

Advert:

Even goal kicks are going to them, no Vale players trying to get the ball.

Worried every time Sunderland come into the Vales half.

Cousin said they had put out a weakened side.  Hate to see a stronger side in that case.

Advert:

5 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

People still love it unbelievably 

It is a Mickey Mouse cup , and I think it should be scrapped, but a run to the final at this stage would  help to finance new signings to replace several wasters who are out there tonight. An oxymoron of sorts. Injuries are another issue. I hope Hurst is ok. 

Archived