What is in a title? His first priority is points on the table. Sessions with the squad and coaches to sort out this months fixtures. Sorting out a manager to take over that can come later, he will immediately be assessing all the players so should focus their minds. Rebuilding will take longer.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

What is your agenda, other than dissing the club at every opportunity 

And dishing out little snide digs to fans and other forum members. No wonder they aren’t taken seriously. Hes like the Poundland version of REP or Ernie.

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, 1 said:

I'm not being funny, but genuinely I could have set the team up to win those games. as could most on here and most people capable of reading this post. 

Yes that's what I was suggesting hence the rolling eyes 

Just now, Fosse69 said:

What is in a title? His first priority is points on the table. Sessions with the squad and coaches to sort out this months fixtures. Sorting out a manager to take over that can come later, he will immediately be assessing all the players so should focus their minds. Rebuilding will take longer.

Well hes not the manager so wont have the say on team selection and tactics ect. Instead we keep Pugh and Sinclair. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

And dishing out little snide digs to fans and other forum members. No wonder they aren’t taken seriously. Hes taken over as the new REP or Ernie.

Jesus. Wonder what they're saying now

Advert:

Just now, darren1810 said:

Yes that's what I was suggesting hence the rolling eyes 

then i agree lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

But that's what a manager does surely.

Not being funny, he's got be on at least 80 grand in this new role . 

4 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Going from the video, we clearly do need a DoF. The club's needed completely remoulding since the Rudge years. I remember Sinnott stating we needed root and branch reform and it's never happened. If the infrastructure is as dilapidated as Flitcroft makes out, it would have been too much for one manager to sort.

To be fair I think there is a lot of truth in that. I'm not against Flitcroft at all, he's someone I would have been very happy with as manager. I just find it a strange thing to do at this moment in time. Now we are going to be waiting even longer for a new manager whilst the DOF chooses his manager with the board.

Why not just invest in a top manager rather than a DOF and manager? 

• Like 2

Advert:

Having watched the video that Vale released it starts to make sense in terms of what Carol has decided to do.  Let's be honest, when was the last time we appointed a Manager that had any long term success?  If you carry on doing the same thing then you will keep getting the same results.  Good on Carol and the board for looking to do something a little different.  Whatever they did not everyone will be happy so I haven't been surprised by some of the negative posts that I have seen.  For God sake, give Carol and the board a chance and stop looking for something to moan about.  I will be interested to see who our next Manager is and I am more positive now than I was before the announcement.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My worry is what will actually change on the pitch if Pugh is manager? I’m guessing Flitcroft will have no involvement in training, team selection, man management etc etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Flitcroft as manager within 2 years.

Advert:

Be interesting to see what happens now.

Got to give it chance, after all it’s Carols club and money

Always fun being a Vale fan

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

What is your agenda, other than dissing the club at every opportunity 

So I should be a happy-clapper and praise the club for every single decision it takes? Is that what a "proper fan" is? It's called having an opinion. In life sometimes people won't think and feel the same way as yourself.