I genuinely believe the owners know full well that Danny Pugh is our long term manager. It's almost like they are just buying some time for him to fluke a good result against someone so they can then officially confirm a 2 or 3 year contract.

You couldn't make this up. How on earth has a manager that applied to become manager suddenly become a DOF?

• Like 3

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

1 minute ago, davehartshill said:

Has nobody read the article? 

Carol says this is EXTRA investment so it sounds like she’s putting more of HER money in. 

A director of football with a decent head coach is a system that can work well and does for lots of the biggest clubs in Europe as well as clubs in our own league. Plenty of clubs have this system in place. 

He’s experienced in football and business so to me it looks like a good appointment. It also takes the pressure off Carol in regards to the football side of things. 

Disagree. Why not put extra funds in and get a decent manager? We do not need a DOF. Flitcroft should have been appointed manager not DOF with someone like (probably Pugh) underneath. 

Flitcroft speaks well - he should have been named our manager. 

• Like 4

Wow!

Is he one of those Directors of Football that identifies all the transfer targets, ensures we get them, takes training, picks the team, does the tactics, sits in the dugout, makes the subs, does the pre and post match interviews and the programme notes and puts Pugh and Sinclair on indefinite gardening leave?

If not, I'm very worried indeed.

3 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Has nobody read the article? 

Carol says this is EXTRA investment so it sounds like she’s putting more of HER money in. 

A director of football with a decent head coach is a system that can work well and does for lots of the biggest clubs in Europe as well as clubs in our own league. Plenty of clubs have this system in place. 

He’s experienced in football and business so to me it looks like a good appointment. It also takes the pressure off Carol in regards to the football side of things. 

Happy-clapper claps.

I think most people have read the article. I think most people are genuinely bewildered.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Advert:

Am I in some surreal universe?

We're Port Vale not Man city or Bayern Munich. We just want a decent manager. 

Seems one almighty cop out I'm absolutely confused here at the direction we are after 

Why would Flitcroft not want to be manager having applied for the position.

Just weird

Edited by darren1810
Additional text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Watched the YouTube video in full... we are still looking to employ a manager.

Don't be fooled. We already have him.

nobody can convince me that having flitcroft and say a McGreal adds up to more than a Cowley / Cook

if pugh stays in charge of first team affairs then I'm sorry but that is crazy. This isn't a school for Pugh to get his badges and learn from a teacher, I don't get the obsession the club seem to have with him. <ovf censored> him off back to coaching or whatever and let a real manager manage.

• Like 5

Advert:

What we need is a leader of men in the dressing room driving events on the pitch.

If this means that Flitcroft is sitting in the stands while Pugh and Sinclair are left to their devices with the players, it ain't going to work.

This obsession with Pugh is beginning to drive me mad. It's the tail wagging the dog. He and Sinclair are the last two we need to run the first team: inexperienced, lacking tactical nous and no track record, except for Frank whose past record is appalling.

This looks like a nightmare come true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tommytunstall said:

Time to shut up now and support Carol, Flitters and the club. UTV

People say exactly this line when the club does something that doesn't make much sense.

8 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Excellent news, welcome Gary and good luck. Let the good times roll.
UTV

tbf I'm glad flitcroft is here if the club were determined to get a DOF, best choice they could have made. we don't need one, but now we have one, we've got a good one!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Going from the video, we clearly do need a DoF. The club's needed completely remoulding since the Rudge years. I remember Sinnott stating we needed root and branch reform and it's never happened. If the infrastructure is as dilapidated as Flitcroft makes out, it would have been too much for one manager to sort. Give the guy a <ovf censored> chance.

So why have we given it to someone who applied to manager? Its nuts. He should have been appointed as manager, a position we actually needed rather than a DOF, something that we didnt.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Why would Flitcroft not want to be manager having applied for the position.

Just weird 

More stable job for him. Directors of football are more long term. Head coaches come and go but a director of football is judged over years not months/games.

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Beat Grimsby and Southend 🙄

I'm not being funny, but genuinely I could have set the team up to win those games. as could most on here and most people capable of reading this post.