• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This shows you what a fickle world football is. At half time on 14th November Askey was a good manager. Seven weeks later he’s gone. Very sad. Thanks for all your efforts John and Dave. They were

I'm not happy that he's supposedly lost his job. Unlike Scumthwaite, it's difficult to celebrate someone getting the boot when they're actually an affable and nice bloke. I feel really harsh

Days like today are why I hate football sometimes.  I’m not sure why people are rejoicing. Yes I wanted a change, but this is a genuinely sad day for the club and a very decent guy who obviously

Posted Images

Had to happen and should have happened a couple of matches ago.  Hope Vale can sort out a new manager and assistant quickly, so they get the transfer window to bring in and get rid of players in time.  Previously owners dragged it out so they missed the transfer windows.

Please get a manager who does not have any current or previous Vale connections.  We have tried that soooooooooo many times and it has failed and their legend status has been tarnished.

Thank you JA for the good times you brought Vale and the hope of promotion.  But you were let down by the players as much as your tactics.  Good luck in your next football position where ever that is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ginge said:

Personally would have given him until the end of the season. Important we get the right appointment and not a merry go round one. Also an important transfer window as the likes of Mills Fitzpatrick Whitehead etc have shown they are not good enough.

That would have been like kicking an animal when it was injured just for the hell of it.  The players rightly or wrongly had shown they would not play for him anymore.  Carol and the board gave him time to try, but it didn't happen.

Hopefully the new manager will move the dross on or sort them out.  Will we now be keeping Robinson and McKirdy now?

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Congratulations, some folk must be feeling smug now.

Wow mate , it's football for you .

Results business. 

It's a very sad day that nobody wanted, he's been let down by the players as well.

Really don't see people being smug, it's inevitable in football. 

Every season maybe 15 managers lose their jobs. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Wow mate , it's football for you .

Results business. 

It's a very sad day that nobody wanted, he's been let down by the players as well.

Really don't see people being smug, it's inevitable in football. 

Every season maybe 15 managers lose their jobs. 

He's trying to have a dig at the people he consistently argued against, who were ultimately proven right.

There's no satisfaction/smugness from me at all; this is a massive week for us. Carol has got to make a good decision, her first of this nature, to steady the ship.

Fortunately, she is well-regarded in football and is running a good club - I anticipate the standards of applicants will be high.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Thanks for your efforts John. Gave us some memorable moments and memories to last a lifetime. 

It's a results business and that has dictated. 

Must also add that a few senior players want to hang their heads in shame with their red cards and performances. 

Comes to something when Hurst has been the only bright spark recently, and I don't mean that detrimentally to him. 

• Like 5

It’s sad, feel terrible for him, felt bad listening to his interview on Saturday as he sounded close to tears and seemed to know it was over.

As said he’s a top bloke and Vale in his blood, some players should be ashamed, I’m angry at them as to how this has panned out. He gave us great memories, Man City, the wins against Crewe and the games against Swindon and Bradford for instance.

It’s a terrible outcome.

Going forward bonus is we have two free midweeks from league action so hopefully give us time to get someone in before the league game after Grimsby, needs time to get people in as the January work and players Askey had signalled out to go for would be needing to be reworked.

Needs a right appointment now. Huge decision, part hoping Bojo suspends football tonight or the EFL in response to tonight and buys us time to get this sorted.

• Like 3

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This shows you what a fickle world football is. At half time on 14th November Askey was a good manager. Seven weeks later he’s gone. Very sad.

Thanks for all your efforts John and Dave. They were appreciated in some quarters. 

It's a cruel game but it's all about results at the end of the day (except at Sheff.Utd).

FAO Carol. i know you must be feeling pretty bad about this but it was the right decision. its always tough when a club is struggling. all clubs go through it. you have to lance the boil and make changes. youve done that so well done. now you need to resist the temptation to use a cheap appointment from within the club. This next managerial appointment is CRUCIAL and could save the club and its season. Ive said all along a replacement in the Mould of Martin Allen who knows this league inside out would be a good start to look. he took an average gilligham side up as champions and hes currently out of work.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

FAO Carol. i know you must be feeling pretty bad about this but it was the right decision. its always tough when a club is struggling. all clubs go through it. you have to lance the boil and make changes. youve done that so well done. now you need to resist the temptation to use a cheap appointment from within the club. This next managerial appointment is CRUCIAL and could save the club and its season. Ive said all along a replacement in the Mould of Martin Allen who knows this league inside out would be a good start to look. he took an average gilligham side up as champions and hes currently out of work.

Wow at least you now say in the mould of as yesterday was you were saying get Allen in wow again

25 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

If he has actually been sacked or walked, then like all managers that have left, he will be remembered for the good times as well as the sad times at the end of their Vale career.  He has always wanted the best for Vale due to his connections to the club, but some of his baffling tactics and subs have always wound fans up.  

But the Owners and Board should take some of the blame for allowing JA and Co so much time before taking action.  

So much time? At half time on 14th November he was a really good manager!!

• Like 1

Advert:

Put his faith in them, re-signed them all on most likely more money during difficult times giving them financial security and they've done him like that. Shows how ruthless football can be but time was up, all the best wherever you end up next John. 

Anybody know his win percentage? I feel like it's still decent even with the crap run we're on, may help him get another league club.

8 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

This post started out quite sensibly, and then.............err.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He's trying to have a dig at the people he consistently argued against, who were ultimately proven right.

There's no satisfaction/smugness from me at all; this is a massive week for us. Carol has got to make a good decision, her first of this nature, to steady the ship.

Fortunately, she is well-regarded in football and is running a good club - I anticipate the standards of applicants will be high.

High standards command high wages Joe.Big decision,one I wasn’t expecting not so long after Bolton 3-6 Vale.The club can’t keep changing managers the way it does.While the club is in releasing mode,get rid of some the ******* wasters who are impersonating as footballers,just to add a bit of balance.

• Like 1

• Fosse69 changed the title to Askey gone ? Yes