Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Can't wait until the like of Birches Head Fred and one or two other pillocks are still trying to convince themselves and anyone that has to read the rubbish they spout after the game has finished about how Askey can and will turn it around.

‘It’s not his fault’ 

‘We’ve got lots of injuries’

’we only lose by the odd goal and are unlucky’

’players keep making individual errors that’s not the managers fault’

’askey can take us forward, we’re only x amount of points off last season’ 

I’d like to say I’m surprised by the score line, but with a midfield of Whitehead, Burgess and Joyce then I’m really not. 

He has to go, I cannot see how he can possibly stay after 5 points from 36 and a Cup exit to a non-league club.

One thing that is really getting to me this season is how many of our defenders are so one footed it's embarrassing. Many won't even attempt to pass or clear a ball with their 'wrong' foot. Crookes, Brisley, smith and legge are the main culprits. Whatever happened to players practising with their weaker foot?

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Yates just said we dont look like we have a game plan says it all if someone involved in the club is making comments like that

You beat me to it.  I know what game plan the players have.

• Spin around in a circle and try to play kick the ball.
  • Watch the ball pass you and allow their players through on to goal.
  • Keep hitting the ball up into the air to one of their players.
  • If you can't do that, then kick it into touch.
  • Forget your a football player and just walk around the pitch wondering what your there for.

Also see that JA has now read the bit in his colouring book Managers can shout instructions to his players, which they will just ignore.

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

You beat me to it.  I know what game plan the players have.

• Spin around in a circle and try to play kick the ball.
  • Watch the ball pass you and allow their players through on to goal.
  • Keep hitting the ball up into the air to one of their players.
  • If you can't do that, then kick it into touch.
  • Forget your a football player and just walk around the pitch wondering what your there for.

Also see that JA has now read the bit in his colouring book Managers can shout instructions to his players, which they will just ignore.

If someone offered me a million to one for vale get something out of this game id keep my tenner firmly in my pocket

Archived