Tony Naylor's goal against Birmingham City

robf

Advert:

Indeed it was.

Naylor was a fabulous player wasn't he?

He played well in the LDV Rob put up last night and here he is scoring another wonder goal. 

Goals apart, he worked so hard for the team.

Advert:

• 6 months later...

Absolute Vale legend Tony Naylor. In my all time top 3 favourite Valiants along with Robbie Earle and Tommy McClaren. This was a superb goal, but for me  Tony even tops this with a goal of just pure genius, scored at Vale Park against Sunderland. It does exist on social media somewhere. It was such a breath taking flick on, run and strike that you can even see the Sunderland Fan's directly behind the goal applauding it. 

Absolute Vale legend Tony Naylor. In my all time top 3 favourite Valiants along with Robbie Earle and Tommy McClaren. This was a superb goal, but for me  Tony even tops this with a goal of just pure genius, scored at Vale Park against Sunderland. It does exist on social media somewhere. It was such a breath taking flick on, run and strike that you can even see the Sunderland Fan's directly behind the goal applauding it. 

Thanks very much for that Barny61. Planted me right back in thy Lawn Street. I didn't dream it then

Advert:

1 hour ago, barny61 said:

Naylor's second, brilliant.

That's my all time favourite vale goal in terms of quality.  There have been bigger mentals and more emotional/important goal moments, but in terms the absolute skill and beauty of it then that one tops it for me.

His first goal in that game was a class above but gets forgotten about due the second one.

As some have already said, what a player Tony Naylor was.

A vale legend, there is no doubt.

Archived