onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Have we improved since Gannon left?

Chopper Harris

Fair dos he got us top, but he wouldn't of got us promoted. Look at certain games, Hereford away we were top they were down the bottom, they had a man sent off in the 20th summit min. We drew 1-1. Northampton home we were top they were near the bottom couldn't break them down. We were only top because of our defensive record. If we didn't have that great start defensively we would of been in relegation zones cus we couldn't score for ****. The only reason we aint in the relegation zone atm is cus we are scoring more goals. He is taking us backwards and fans like you have got your blinkers on.

Well that is a stupid statement to make, a team is generally excels defensively or offensively, last season we were really good defensively hence out league position. Nobody knows whether we would have been promoted but we would have at least made the play offs. And it isnt always easy to break teams down at home, especially when at the top of the table as they come playing for the draw, and as the game goes on they have more and more of a chance of stealing the win. You cant win every game and until he left last season we were doing brilliant you cannot deny that. This season we have gone backwards like I said, I dont know what you on about by saying fans like me have got blinkers on though.

Advert

Jim Gannon was a **** who brought utter misery to the club. He's not a better manager than Adams -if he was would not have been binned of quite so quickly by Motherwell and Vale.

We have improved since Gannon left in the sense that we're not as bad.

Rewriting history to reflect that JG was a misunderstood genius and we were all abit to hasty to have a go is IMHO wrong

Well that is a stupid statement to make, a team is generally excels defensively or offensively, last season we were really good defensively hence out league position. Nobody knows whether we would have been promoted but we would have at least made the play offs. And it isnt always easy to break teams down at home, especially when at the top of the table as they come playing for the draw, and as the game goes on they have more and more of a chance of stealing the win. You cant win every game and until he left last season we were doing brilliant you cannot deny that. This season we have gone backwards like I said, I dont know what you on about by saying fans like me have got blinkers on though.

Well you can't say we would of made the play offs no one knows, like know one know if Gannon would of got us there. What I mean by fans like you is a bet you were one of the fans cursing Gannon when he dropped Roberts... MA is **** at discipline hence Roberts. Gannon was a scapegoat, would his attitude of bothered you if he got us promoted? Simple answer is NO

The problem is that we, like the players have favorites. Glover never stood a chance as he was given the team half way through the season and like MA was not allowed to spend anything. I personally like MA but something needs to happen on the pitch we should be beating teams like Wimbledon even with the injuries and suspensions.

Our team is just better than them but we are not good enough to go up at the moment.

Couple of points, so you don't get away with trying to change history to suit your mate and his comrades Squealer:

Glover got hold the team in September, not halfway through the season as you put it. This after he'd spent the previous 10 months undermining the bloke who was in charge at the time.

Glover got all the backing he wanted in the trahsfer market, then signed a complete load of *****. Neil Mackenzie and Scott Brown anyone?

Couple of points, so you don't get away with trying to change history to suit your mate and his comrades Squealer:

Glover got hold the team in September, not halfway through the season as you put it. This after he'd spent the previous 10 months undermining the bloke who was in charge at the time.

Glover got all the backing he wanted in the trahsfer market, then signed a complete load of *****. Neil Mackenzie and Scott Brown anyone?

Oh dear, that's gonna stick!:D

Yes Gannon was right but a number of people on here were saying the same thing. The difference is that no one on here would have signed Ex, no one on here would have played the same formations as Gannon and, finally, no one on here would have made it there mission in life to ****** off everyone at the club and all the fan base. Apart from that he got it completely right!

Mackenzie was the worst player i've ever seen in my life. Without exception.

The problem is that we, like the players have favorites. Glover never stood a chance as he was given the team half way through the season and like MA was not allowed to spend anything. I personally like MA but something needs to happen on the pitch we should be beating teams like Wimbledon even with the injuries and suspensions.

Our team is just better than them but we are not good enough to go up at the moment.

I couldn't possibly believe anyone could defend the Dean Glover 'era', but you aren't just anyone are you?

Glover never stood a chance because he usurped himself into the manager's position, his man-management skills were terrible, his tactics worse and his eye for a player was shocking.

I presume it's taken 80 posts for someone to reply to your nonsense as nobody takes you seriously after some of the downright tripe you've posted over the last year regarding everything and anything. Please take whatever you use visually to watch football games and put them in the bin as they are clearly not working.

There are no excuses for what happened during Dean Glover's reign, none at all.

I think a lot of supporters call Gannon a so and so because of what the players and coaching staff did and that was to reject him in the ignorance that they thought they were better than they were. Players like Roberts etc. When really Jim was right all along and it was only a matter of time that we would start to slide as we were in a false position last year.

Gannon should have been given more time and should have been backed. I m not saying this is an absolute identical situation and we would have been conquering Europe with a few seasons but what if Cloughie had stayed at Leeds and not been sacked? Leeds achieved nothing in Europe and Cloughie went on to great things with Forest. I definitely not saying Jim was the right man but what i am saying he should have been given an opportunity. Something which Adams has had and he has failed in my opinion. Jim talked a lot of sense and i guess the players, fans and coaching staff didn't want to listen. Is it any wonder he was annoyed?

Also about the formations that Gannon chose. Some posters have said that no one would play them. No one but Carlo Ancelotti? and he has achieved nothing in football has he? Don't Accrington play a similar system under Coleman as well? Gannon's fault was he wanted everything implemented his way too quickly when he should have taken his time.

I think a lot of supporters call Gannon a so and so because of what the players and coaching staff did and that was to reject him in the ignorance that they thought they were better than they were. Players like Roberts etc. When really Jim was right all along and it was only a matter of time that we would start to slide as we were in a false position last year.

Gannon should have been given more time and should have been backed. I m not saying this is an absolute identical situation and we would have been conquering Europe with a few seasons but what if Cloughie had stayed at Leeds and not been sacked? Leeds achieved nothing in Europe and Cloughie went on to great things with Forest. I definitely not saying Jim was the right man but what i am saying he should have been given an opportunity. Something which Adams has had and he has failed in my opinion. Jim talked a lot of sense and i guess the players, fans and coaching staff didn't want to listen. Is it any wonder he was annoyed?

Also about the formations that Gannon chose. Some posters have said that no one would play them. No one but Carlo Ancelotti? and he has achieved nothing in football has he? Don't Accrington play a similar system under Coleman as well? Gannon's fault was he wanted everything implemented his way too quickly when he should have taken his time.

He had an opportunity - he screwed the pooch, as they say in the states. There is absolutely no point in what he tried to do with the squad of players at his disposal. The only way he could have succeeded is if he'd regressed them all back to the age of 6 or 7 and changed the whole way they had been coached, and taught them a different skill set.

He spent all his time trying to get players who have a certain level of skill, and have been comparatively successful in playing the way they have (at least at that stage of the season, let's not forget we'd not been out of the top four) where they play a physical and energetic style, pressing the opposition and , yes, comparatively long ball - but it was working at the time......and change their whole ethos to tiptapping, waiting to get possession back and not competing, where their fitness levels are not kept up, and where theory is more important than what actually happens in League 2..........

He'd be great in Football Manager, maybe, but in my view he had no understanding of reality, and none at all of the players he had to work with. Ex was brought in as a spy, a stooge, and he was worse than anything we'd already got.........

Sorry, the only sensible place for Gannon is in the history of failed managers....all theory and no reality.

To all those that think Gannon was right -

Q1 where is he now,

Q2 what is he doing

Q3 and who is beating a path to his door -

A1 STOCKPORT COUNTY,

A2 Taking them out of the BSB - Downwards

A3 No Body Well maybe some deluded Vale fans who are have a 5 minute nostalgic moment .

For gods sake the man was an arogant nightmare who has never done anything in football. He wanted to kick arze just like Alec Ferguson but wasnt man enough to do it

Micky Adams overall management record in terms of achievements and straight stats wins, losses and draws is much better than Gannons and indeed all the Vale Managers post John Rudge. I could never see what Foyle and Glover were trying to achieve tactically during matches but I do understand Mick Adam's decisions. Brian Horton had an appalling management record overall although I accept he had a habit of managing struggling teams in higher divisions than they should be in and I include Man City in that at the time. Sinnott, oh god, we had a 6'4 centre forward who couldn't trap the ball playing left wing. Gannon, well as I posted previously he has a narcissistic personality disorder in my opinion - likely to fall out with everyone and seek to bring in people who just obey him without challenge. I suppose that can work and may do back at Stockport, but that is why his stays at Motherwell and Port Vale were short.

Lets hang on to Micky as the storm rages and hope when things clam down he can shape a better team and future.

Archived