onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Have we improved since Gannon left?

Chopper Harris

You did Burt. we had many a debate over it.

Il stick by what i said though. Hes a woeful manager.

Maybe we have **** players but you have to ask do Stockport also have **** players? Did Motherwell? Did Peterborough?

Apart from a mad year in his first time at Stockport hes done nothing but blame everyone else and try to manipulate peoples minds that hes a master tactician.

He isnt. Hes a ****. :D

With you mate, he was a dreadful man and a dreadful man manager.

Anyone that thinks he was ever the right man should be in the padded cell with him. Aside from his time at Stockport first time round he has achieved nowt!

Advert

Well I m saying I don't think we would be in any worse situation ' on the field' if gannon had stayed. I m just so sick and tired of the dross that is served up and Adams' tactics are so boring. I just think gannon should have been given time to see if he could put his money where his mouth is. At least he promised attractive football. When was the last time anyone saw a vale team do that? In the 90s?

You almost put Rudgie and Goonan in the same sentence then!! :ohmy::ohmy:

Thats like sticking Mother Theresa and Hitler in the same sentence!!

He did a good job at Motherwell and got them playing good football, again by bringing in youth players.

I would dispute that as his relationship with the Directors broke down completely, the players including the captain hated him and he made a right ***** of himself with Hugh Dallas and officialdom.

Feel free to check, here is just one article highlighting what a ***** he was;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/motherwell/6900497/Jim-Gannon-leaves-Motherwell.html

How do you explain when we were top if he has no clue?

Fair dos he got us top, but he wouldn't of got us promoted. Look at certain games, Hereford away we were top they were down the bottom, they had a man sent off in the 20th summit min. We drew 1-1. Northampton home we were top they were near the bottom couldn't break them down. We were only top because of our defensive record. If we didn't have that great start defensively we would of been in relegation zones cus we couldn't score for ****. The only reason we aint in the relegation zone atm is cus we are scoring more goals. He is taking us backwards and fans like you have got your blinkers on.

We could sign players when Jimbo was here. Micky got a player in on loan who scored a hattrick after a couple of games and now we can't beat Wimble-doom on our own patch. You need money or players and Micky has neither at the moment. I'm not saying he has brought in quality players, but we had turned a corner when JMW and Madjo turned up, now we are back to square 1.

I would dispute that as his relationship with the Directors broke down completely, the players including the captain hated him and he made a right ***** of himself with Hugh Dallas and officialdom.

Feel free to check, here is just one article highlighting what a ***** he was;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/motherwell/6900497/Jim-Gannon-leaves-Motherwell.html

But he got them playing good football, and the only reason he left was because he wouldn't commit to the club, couldn't of done that bad of a job seeing as they wanted him to commit his future to the club.

And how many mangers do you see making **** out of themselves because of referees? Managers can't say nothing at all even if the ref makes a mistake and the manager calls them on it in interviews and they get disiplined. Fergie, Wenger, Holloway Puliis have all made **** of themselves doesn't make them bad managers.

You almost put Rudgie and Goonan in the same sentence then!! :ohmy::ohmy:

Thats like sticking Mother Theresa and Hitler in the same sentence!!

Or Oliver and anyone with any altruistic thoughts or feelings whatsoever.

Ah yes I sure do miss those cold rainy Tuesday nights drawing with the likes of Barnet. If only we could get back to those glorious times.

You clearly can't read because I said he got Motherwell playing good football, but I suppose drawing at home to Barnet is not as exciting as losing at home to Wimbledon. And I think you will find the season before Mickeys super Vale lost at home to Barnet 2-0 ooooppps now you look stupid :)

But he got them playing good football, and the only reason he left was because he wouldn't commit to the club, couldn't of done that bad of a job seeing as they wanted him to commit his future to the club.

And how many mangers do you see making **** out of themselves because of referees? Managers can't say nothing at all even if the ref makes a mistake and the manager calls them on it in interviews and they get disiplined. Fergie, Wenger, Holloway Puliis have all made **** of themselves doesn't make them bad managers.

Read the article, specifically the bit about Hugh Dallas, I have never heard of another manager doing what he did by failing to open letters on his desk with the responses in them that he was broadcasting he had been ignored. The man is a first class ****.

Read the article' date=' specifically the bit about Hugh Dallas, I have never heard of another manager doing what he did by failing to open letters on his desk with the responses in them that he was broadcasting he had been ignored. The man is a first class ****.[/quote']

I'm not denying he was a ****. The thread is have we gone backwards since Gannon left. And whether you like it or not the answer is yes. Even if we had big investment come in to the club Mickey has not got it in him to get us out of this league. Big mistake having him back.

I cannot comprehend anyone defending Gannon.

It's like defending a mass murderer.

Yes criticise Micky for his failings but he is a million times the manager that clown is.

I knew Burt would try and say I told you so one day! :D

Hard to prove that Mickey is a million times better than Gannon, both are not the best. Adams has had pre season with Vale, he released certain players (Kris Taylor) and offered Dodds a new contract?? Beggars belief. Don't forget he also bought in Tommy Fraser, Gannon bought in big Ex but at least he tried to bring in some youngsters. I'm not saying one manager is better than the other, but I would of liked to of seen Gannon have a pre season with Vale because he would of got rid of the dead wood in this team and at least tried to bring some young talent in like he did @ Stockport and Motherwell. We may be in a worse position now or we could easliy be in a better position.

You shouldn't be looking! ;)

No, but Gannon appeared to me to have a narcissistic personalty disorder. In other words he lived in his own false consciousness where he needed every person he came in to contact with to please his view of himself. Therefore anyone who showed any different view was rejected by him and he argued with such people and tried to remove them from his environment. This explains why he brought in Ex G (obeys instructions), why players in the squad were left out of the team inexplicably (even disagreeing slightly brought down his roth) and why arguments with his staff played out on national tv. He needed more help than a football club can provide to live his life sensibly.

Archived