onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Have we improved since Gannon left?

Chopper Harris

Advert

Gannon's attempt at radical change was doomed to fail, when he was made to inherit his backroom staffs.*

Although he didn't help his cause by falling out with everyone he met.

For me Micky has been disappointing second time around.

Im guessing the players are now *used to the 'mind games' he used to motivate them before he dumped them for Sheffield United.

He seems to be half as good as he was before he left, but now thanks to Bratt, on double the wages!

Post by "Chopper Harris" is IMO a fair and very reasoned argument. However, Gannon isn't any longer here and we are stuck with what we've got both in terms of players & coaching staff. Unfortunately whether the coaches are too close to players or not, tactically none of them (MA included) seems to have a clue what to do to change the current slide into obscurity. On Saturday there were undoubtedly some relatively good individual performances, but as in most games I have seen this season, there is no cohesion as a team and no ideas how to adapt tactically to the opposition especially when we go behind--or even when we go ahead as was the case on Saturday. In a word, sad as it makes me to say it.........clueless!

Mcdonald has been one of the best defenders because the others, other than chilvers have been really poor. Other than that I agree. But other managers such as Coleman and Accrington have improved and done will with no funds.

Agreed, but Accrington, unlike us have been able to sign a couple since the window opened, and Coleman is a good manager in all fairness. However I unlike others believe Adams is more than capable at Vale, I just think us working on a shoe string is starting to show more so now than before and to improve we need money, (easier said than done:rolleyes:).

I think a lot of supporters call Gannon a so and so because of what the players and coaching staff did and that was to reject him in the ignorance that they thought they were better than they were. Players like Roberts etc. When really Jim was right all along and it was only a matter of time that we would start to slide as we were in a false position last year.

Gannon should have been given more time and should have been backed. I m not saying this is an absolute identical situation and we would have been conquering Europe with a few seasons but what if Cloughie had stayed at Leeds and not been sacked? Leeds achieved nothing in Europe and Cloughie went on to great things with Forest. I definitely not saying Jim was the right man but what i am saying he should have been given an opportunity. Something which Adams has had and he has failed in my opinion. Jim talked a lot of sense and i guess the players, fans and coaching staff didn't want to listen. Is it any wonder he was annoyed?

Also about the formations that Gannon chose. Some posters have said that no one would play them. No one but Carlo Ancelotti? and he has achieved nothing in football has he? Don't Accrington play a similar system under Coleman as well? Gannon's fault was he wanted everything implemented his way too quickly when he should have taken his time.

Sorry mate but I have to disagree but it is good to have a football rather than politics thread. He was doomed to failure because he is a boil on the ar$e of mankind in terms of character IMHO. Ancelotti may have played similar systems buy he had half decent players to do it with. We are in the lowest tier of league football and are blessed with some players who when they trap a ball it goes further than I can kick it! Great thread though Chopper. Now back to those ar$eholes who are crippling our club!

Gannon could talk the talk, but couldn't put it into action. Plenty of people can see where we are going wrong, few could implement change. It's not even worth talking about mad lee Sinnott.

I do wonder however, if this was Adams first stint, or it was a different manager, would people be so defensive of him? His tactics or signings have done nothing to make him stand out as a good manager. Can you imagine the uproar if gannon or glover had joined the board as well!

To all those that think Gannon was right -

Q1 where is he now,

Q2 what is he doing

Q3 and who is beating a path to his door -

A1 STOCKPORT COUNTY,

A2 Taking them out of the BSB - Downwards

A3 No Body Well maybe some deluded Vale fans who are have a 5 minute nostalgic moment .

For gods sake the man was an arogant nightmare who has never done anything in football. He wanted to kick arze just like Alec Ferguson but wasnt man enough to do it

Summed up perfectly:yes::yes:

Archived