Jump to content

League 2 this season?


Phil1965

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
Advert:


It’s all getting exciting now, we had a comfortable win against a limited Macc side on Saturday, but still have some tough away games to come. Our loanees have had a big impact, and we have been able to shuffle the pack in midfield. Sounds like a good game at Walsall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep hearing that 'League 2 is poor this year', but I simply don't see it.

Crewe have 5/6 lads who will play a lot higher.

Swindon have the leading scorer in the country and players such as Grant and Doughty who have no business being in League 2.

Plymouth have a massive budget and have last season's POTY and promotion-winning manager.

FGR and Bradford have spent shedloads and are crumbling.

Scunthorpe and Mansfield have spent loads and are floundering.

Salford have spent the GDP of a developing nation and are m-dtable

Northampton have spent loads.

Colchester have steadily built with the same manager and a great recruitment team for a few years now. Same for Exeter.

Newport have had loads of cup runs/giantkillings

You have the likes of Holloway, Clarke, Adams knocking about in lower-mid table as managers.

Bowyer and Hurst, who have had loads of success as managers higher than this level, are out of work.

I think this is a very decent league with more tactical variation than I've ever seen; we play 433, a number of the top teams play 3 at the back (352, 343 etc); no longer is it your bog standard 'every side plays 442 hoofball).

I think that there's not one runaway leader, like Lincoln, maybe lessens the glitz for some, but I think this is a very strong League 2 and to be right in the mix for top 7 is testament to how good of a team we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Things getting interesting now! I think we are 50:50 autos or playoffs, and I think  Vale are 50:50 for a play off spot, but I think you will do it. Your home form is excellent, only one defeat all season (who was that against?). We’ve won 8 home games on the bounce which is keeping us in the mix. Away from home we have had a lot of draws. We need to win our home games against Newport and Grimsby. This has been the most enjoyable season for a long time. Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from 28 March).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

Things getting interesting now! I think we are 50:50 autos or playoffs, and I think  Vale are 50:50 for a play off spot, but I think you will do it. Your home form is excellent, only one defeat all season (who was that against?). We’ve won 8 home games on the bounce which is keeping us in the mix. Away from home we have had a lot of draws. We need to win our home games against Newport and Grimsby. This has been the most enjoyable season for a long time. Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from 28 March).

Our only home defeat was to Walsall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Anybody hear Warnock on Quest ?

I'm really proud of Keith Curle on the budget Northampton have got it's a great achievement to have them near the play offs .

Warnock must be on monkey dust , they have spent a fortune and must be in the top 5 budgets . I thought he was meant to be knowledgeable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil1965 said:

Things getting interesting now! I think we are 50:50 autos or playoffs, and I think  Vale are 50:50 for a play off spot, but I think you will do it. Your home form is excellent, only one defeat all season (who was that against?). We’ve won 8 home games on the bounce which is keeping us in the mix. Away from home we have had a lot of draws. We need to win our home games against Newport and Grimsby. This has been the most enjoyable season for a long time. Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from 28 March).

Can’t see Crewe finishing outside the top 2 TBF.

I feel Vale will finish 7th.  Then it’s a lottery.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Can’t see Crewe finishing outside the top 2 TBF.

I feel Vale will finish 7th.  Then it’s a lottery.

 

 

2 hours ago, Phil1965 said:

Things getting interesting now! I think we are 50:50 autos or playoffs, and I think  Vale are 50:50 for a play off spot, but I think you will do it. Your home form is excellent, only one defeat all season (who was that against?). We’ve won 8 home games on the bounce which is keeping us in the mix. Away from home we have had a lot of draws. We need to win our home games against Newport and Grimsby. This has been the most enjoyable season for a long time. Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from 28 March).

Strange post top of the league and won 8 games on the run is keeping them in the mix , isn't that the aim of the game ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


1 hour ago, DistantVale said:

Your'e top of the league, an away draw at Exeter is a good result as was a win at Walsall  , i wish we had your problems 

 

Like being top of the league and getting 4265 watching 150 from Stevenage lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coyney Valiant said:
1 hour ago, DistantVale said:

Your'e top of the league, an away draw at Exeter is a good result as was a win at Walsall  , i wish we had your problems 

 

Like being top of the league and getting 4265 watching 150 from Stevenage lol

Its poor... but attendances don't get you promoted  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pvfc_loyal said:

only got 4400 at home to Stevenage ourselves

That was in October when we weren't top of the league, hadn't won 7 home games in a row and had just had our worst performance of the season against Macc.  Crewe's home attendance yesterday was 500 down on their last home game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get this attendance issue that gets thrown about. Crewe are currently the best team in league 2. Bradford get 12k every week. I know who I would rather watch. Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Rochdale are all in a higher league than us with lower gates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

That was in October when we weren't top of the league, hadn't won 7 home games in a row and had just had our worst performance of the season against Macc.  Crewe's home attendance yesterday was 500 down on their last home game.

It was actually 1200 down , but what does it matter, there are no points given for attendances ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

It was actually 1200 down , but what does it matter, there are no points given for attendances ! 

I was talking about their home attendance, not the total attendance.  Crewe’s team deserve more a response than they are getting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here



×
×
  • Create New...