Fosse69

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

This game will not be a sell out yet it seems Vale could have shifted 10000+ tickets with ease so why isnt the 25% rule being enforced?  Surely it's only a case of shifting netting and having a line of stewards in the concourse.

That said, the reputation our knuckle dragging <ovf censored> Ed's have gained us has probably not helped one bit - tossers.

11 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Well I managed to get details for a season ticket holder I know, whi isnt going, to give to a mate so he could get two tickets.

He got to the ticket office today and the guy in front explained to the girl at the counter that he had already purchased two tickets on his ST but could he possibly have another two.  She looked at her boss, "yeah, go on then."

Bit wrong that.

Exactly.  The club has let the fans down big time here.

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

Naz, I'm a massive Vale fan. Couldn't get a ticket. But have no problem with Citeh, the in-laws live just around the corner, up North Rd. So going with the father in-law and the wife and the kids so a mixed bunch. No mither or anything, just to watch the game. Where is the best place for us to go?

I would say sit in the front rows on the 3rd tiers of the West Stand.  There are plenty of seats left up there.  View isn't so good at the back so try for nearer the front.   If you prefer nearer the pitch then the corner blocks at the North Stand end are a safe place to be and there are still seats left there but avoid first few rows because any rain just rolls in.

The image below is from City's online Ticket site.  I added some colour in paint.

Vale's end is marked in green on the right.
The red below you I would definitely avoid.  City's singing section is centered on 113.  110 and 111 was where the trouble was in the Manchester Derby.  Basically all that area 109 round to 118 will be full of young people who will stand.  It's our popular end.  Most are fine, but it's the more excitable end.  The Colin Bell Stand is the main stand although it appears identical to the stand opposite.  Level 2 anywhere around the ground should be OK but more expensive and oddly tends to sell out.  It includes corporate areas.  I'd avoid 210,211 and 212 though (next to you - basically anywhere next to the away fans is not a good place to be).

My tips would:

1) Colin Bell Stand 3rd tier - near the front for a good view.

2) Corners on Level 1 opposite your stand (131, 132 and 140,142)

3) East Stand 3rd tier.  I'd choose the CB stand first over this.  East Stand is where season ticket holders from the KIppax (city's old standing terrace) were moved to when we changed ground.  It's nornally calm and quiet up there too.

The main rush for tickets in the City end will be gone now.  It will take ages for seats to sell up in the 3rd tiers.  Weeks.  Eventually they will sell though.  If I were you I would wait and see what Vale offer.  If you are going with City fans, or neutrals then the blue areas I've marked are good areas to be, and red I would avoid

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Im mulling over getting a couple of tickets in the Colin Bell Stand (my favourite player when I was a kid) possibly in block 322

Absolute rubbish. 4000 non season ticket holders look as if they got there's, so what's the issue?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Absolute rubbish. 4000 non season ticket holders look as if they got there's, so what's the issue?

So you think 4000 ST holders are actually attending the game do you?

So you think 4000 ST holders are actually attending the game do you?
Throwing a tantrum and blaming the club won't get you a ticket. All I know is there will be a full away end cheering us on. I didn't get a ticket either

I would not recommend away fans sitting in home areas.  My comment really was for fans who are with City fans or people from the Manchester area.  Do you want to be sat in a block where you can't cheer your team on, can't wear your colours, have to keep quiet etc?  I am reading the Port Vale news online and it looks like Port Vale might get a few more tickets.  I would wait and see what happens.  The seats in the home ends will be on sale for weeks, probably even until the week of the game if the past is any guide.  City fans also now have a distraction of two Manchester Derbies around the same time after the League Cup draw.  There might be some City fans who choose the Derby instead although I think it will still sell out as there aren't that many seats left now.

However, I hope the advice about which blocks are safe etc is useful.

Long term I think Vale should invest in online ticketing.  There's probably a cost associated with it but it might end up boosting your clubs ticket sales and it kills queueing up at the ticket office which is so wasteful.

For example, I am a City seaon ticket holder but I am not part of the Cup scheme so all I did to buy a ticket was click a link and fill a few details in, and I print my ticket on a printer at home (you can get them sent in the post too, or get it uploaded on to a smart card).  First time you do it, you have to register etc, get passwords, usernames etc etc, but once all that's done, 2nd time around etc it's so easy.  Buying a ticket is just clicking a link.   WHen City play Real Madrid, I can just select a seat on a map, click a link, and job done.  The ticket gets uploaded to my smart card, and gets read at the turnstile.  SO easy for clubs to take your money.

I know it requires investment but I think it is worthwhile doing if you have the money.  It will probably pay for itself over time.   Fans like it.  Win win really for all I think except it cuts down on jobs.

I remember the days of queueing up for tickets.  You'd end up making two trips to he ground.  One for the tickets and one for the game, and getting the tickets was harder than going to the game.  You guys probably think well of course, but for me this is a memory.

I have no idea what the cost of installing such a system is but maybe you can do that with your Cup takings.  

Edited by Naz

4 minutes ago, Naz said:

I would not recommend away fans sitting in home areas.  My comment really was for fans who are with City fans or people from the Manchester area.  Do you want to be sat in a block where you can't cheer your team on, can't wear your colours, have to keep quiet etc?  I am reading the Port Vale news online and it looks like Port Vale might get a few more tickets.  I would wait and see what happens.  The seats in the home ends will be on sale for weeks, probably even until the week of the game if the past is any guide.  City fans also now have a distraction of two Manchester Derbies around the same time after the League Cup draw.  There might be some City fans who choose the Derby instead although I think it will still sell out as there aren't that many seats left now.

Long term I think Vale should invest in online ticketing.  There's probably a cost associated with it but it might end up boosting your clubs ticket sales and it kills queueing up at the ticket office which is so wasteful.

For example, I am a City seaon ticket holder but I am not part of the Cup scheme so all I did to buy a ticket was click a link and fill a few details in, and I print my ticket on a printer at home (you can get them sent in the post too, or get it uploaded on to a smart card).  First time you do it, you have to register etc, get passwords, usernames etc etc, but once all that's done, 2nd time around etc it's so easy.  Buying a ticket is just clicking a link.   WHen City play Real Madrid, I can just select a seat on a map, click a link, and job done.  The ticket gets uploaded to my smart card, and gets read at the turnstile.  SO easy for clubs to take your money.

I know it requires investment but I think it is worthwhile doing if you have the money.  It will probably pay for itself over time.   Fans like it.  Win win really for all I think except it cuts down on jobs.

I remember the days of queueing up for tickets.  You'd end up making two trips to he ground.  One for the tickets and one for the game, and getting the tickets was harder than going to the game.  You guys probably think well of course, but for me this is a memory.

I have no idea what the cost of installing such a system is but maybe you can do that with your Cup takings.  

We once had a tie up with Ticketmaster. Cost the club a fortune and was abandoned fairly swiftly, although this was in the days of our previous owner who was a tight git.

Given the size of Vale's average gate probably not cost effective at the moment but something that needs to be considered as we rise through the leagues. 😉

4 hours ago, Nofinikea said:
You talk absolute toss!  It was not a case of cant be arsed, it was a case of waiting my turn as I said you <Edit>
I actually got offered a ticket from a ST mate but I turned it down because I want one for my kid as well and it would have been selfish to go without him.  Obviously you would have done just that but that doesnt surprise me with you.

Amazing that something so positive for the club has been made so toxic by people like you.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Naz said:

We have an online ticket system With a print at home option but the ticketing software is very dated and I don’t think it can be used for away tickets. I’m sure updating the system is on the new owners’ to do list though.  

Thanks for sending all the info though to help Vale fans. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

This game will not be a sell out yet it seems Vale could have shifted 10000+ tickets with ease so why isnt the 25% rule being enforced?  Surely it's only a case of shifting netting and having a line of stewards in the concourse.

That said, the reputation our knuckle dragging <ovf censored> Ed's have gained us has probably not helped one bit - tossers.

It's 15% for starters. They've given us more than they had to already.

• Like 1

If you know someone in the ticket office then the rules don't apply to you (so long as Ted was down the bookies at the time in the old days). It's been the same for 15 years and there's plenty in the office who've been there a while. That's just the way it is.

Tickets still left for Mansfield away so if you're a proper Vale fan who's missed out on Man City then you can still get your fill of those cheeky whites on Boxing Day. We might actually win there too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AMF said:

Tickets still left for Mansfield away so if you're a proper Vale fan who's missed out on Man City then you can still get your fill of those cheeky whites on Boxing Day. We might actually win there too!

That might depend on how many times Rose throws himself to the floor in our penalty area lol

1 hour ago, Naz said:

We do have an online ticket system but you cannot buy tickets for away matches online. I think that is a Football league rule. Can’t see why as I always get away tickets posted out to me, maybe it’s a way of confirming your address and stop home fans getting in the away end.