onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

I rather like the tweet I saw yesterday.

There are two types of Tory supporters - billionaires and idiots.

Check your bank balance to find out which one you are.

😉

Given the very small number of billionaires you are saying the majority of the population are idiots? That comes across as rather an arrogant way to deal with people who don't agree with your political views. So all lab voters are Einsteins? Yeah right.

22 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Chill, Toyah.

It's a joke. Note the winking emoji.

I thought a joke was something that was funny? Sticking an emoji doesn't make the banal funny 🤣 [ironic aimed at myself]

You're alright Sage. Agree to disagree, hun. xxx

On 08/12/2019 at 05:41, mr.hobblesworth said:

Genuinely heartbreaking. You read this and watch that Channel 4 documentary about child poverty, aware that kids all over the country are going to bed in hostels and homeless refuges, hungry, it's <ovf censored> barbaric. We have the United Nations slamming us for our levels of child poverty - we're the 6th richest country in the world - yet some of you are still willing to vote conservative. It's disgusting. Corbyn said the government has a moral duty to stop the homeless dying on our streets. Johnson's moral duty is to protect the profits of his monied friends. That's the choice in this election; do you want a leader who believes it is his duty to help the homeless, the hungry children, the people pushed to suicide by benefits cuts, or a leader who blatantly doesn't give a flying <ovf censored>? Do you want a government with a strong brave green policy or one that won't even promise carbon neutrality until 2050 (a year which the vast majority of scientists state is well past the tipping point)?

I don't mean to sound heartless, but I probably do....

The families with children are in temporary accommodation,  not actually homeless and living on the streets?

If so it changes my first reading of the post.... it's not good whichever way you read it, if governments over the last 30 years or so had built houses it may have alleviated the problem, they didn't and what they did do wasn't enough.

There is no magic wand to fix the problem that has accumulated over many years and it would be foolish to assume that any party or manifesto will sort it quickly.

Many years ago that information, fact or fiction, would have shocked me, sadly I have seen and experienced far worse. People in temporary accommodation is way down my list of shocking..... but again it shouldn't be happening on the scale indicated.

18 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I must doff my cap to the few on here who have managed to completely stonewall the issues of Boris's racism, bigotry and lies whilst keeping the anti semetic angle running.  You all have a bright future as Tory goffers. 

If the polls are right then on Thursday the nation will send public services to the gallows and in years to come many of you will regret the decisions you made on the 12th December 2019 when either yourselves or family members are denied care or medical treatment, get burgled because the police are ineffective, mugged maybe, need an ambulance but dont have your paperwork in order etc....  I hope none of you have the audacity to moan although you will probably still be blaming New Labour and telling everyone how Labour hate jews.

Boris is a tool,Corbyn is an evil tool.One word difference.

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

In what way is Corbyn evil?

Where do we start?  Support for the IRA, support for Hez-Bollah, support for Putin, failure to deal with his anti-semitic friends in Momentum--good grief man you're not just one-eyed, you're totally blind to any of Corbyn's faults.  Wake up and smell the coffee! 

20 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Still no comment about the appalling record Boris has?

Just keep besmerching everyone else instead in true Tory fashion.

Eat, sleep, lie, repeat - the Tory mantra.

As opposed to; "Eat sleep, lie, repeat"--the Labour mendacious mantra? Truth in this whole general election from both sides of the argument appears to have been the biggest casualty!

9 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

At least his agenda gives two shits about the vulnerable, elderly, sick and old unlike alot on here.

You still don't comprehend that once Corbyn & McDonnell have trashed & crashed the economy, the country will not have enough money to help anyone and the vulnerable, elderly, poor will be the worst affected--you leftie guys just don't get it.  Nobody will be helped when we go bust!

I've said many times that I don't carry a torch for Corbyn, although after ten years of austerity, paid for by the weakest, most underprivileged sections of society and by our decrepit public services and the NHS, I quite like his manifesto to start rebuilding our broken communities and to invest badly needed money into health, education and climate change policies. They are all good things and deserve support. I feel sure that with a different leader Labour would win the election.

I get why many vote Tory. Or at least for the old one-nation Tory party that no longer exists. Fine. I'd rather that you didn't but I have grudging respect for the likes of Grieve and Stewart, and the other few dozen who have left the sinking ship. And we all know it's quite amazing that John Major and Michael Heseltine are telling us don't vote Tory because they've gone hard right. Chris Patten too. Why is that?

If you don't want to vote for Labour, fine, but you will struggle to convince me or anyone else in full receipt of their faculties why we should vote for Johnson and his hard right gang who we know will damage the economy with his hard/no deal Brexit, has lied continually and constantly like no other politician ever has before, has twice broken  the law, lied to the Queen, and has a very long litany of appalling slurs to his name, from comments about black people to single parents, from the poor to the people of Liverpool. He can't be trusted and is a very dishonest and immoral person. Why many you fail to acknowledge that I really don't understand.

If you don't like either leaders, there are other parties to vote for.

37 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Are you an expert on this?  Labour seem to think they can achieve it but if looking after the elderly, vulnerable and sick is evil then show me the devil.

Every party has failed to deliver on their manifestos since I can remember, but they always say they can.... they don't "seem to think" anything except how to buy votes to win the election.

Every party would make oatcakes a priority food and give them away free if they thought it would get them into office. 

They say all the best lies are based on what you want to hear and a grain of truth.... brings the suckers in every time.... all parties.... not just one.

Archived