It would be unreal if they're allowed back. Everyone would do it. Given that they would go down anyway unless they recovered the minus 12, there would literally be no punishment.

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

It would be unreal if they're allowed back. Everyone would do it. Given that they would go down anyway unless they recovered the minus 12, there would literally be no punishment.

Depends what other league chairmen/chairwomen think. If they think it is a harsh expulsion, why not put them in position 24 in L2, then they would be in the national league in 20/21. Although I do not see any reason why they should not be treated any differently..

• Like 1

If they are allowed back it is a nonsense, they knew the rules.

Numerous opportunities (some may have been dismissed by Dale before deemed viable) but failed to get anything done by the deadline through their own ineptitude.

The EFL has and it seems will continue to open a can of worms. 

I feel for the fans and the issue is still raw. But you cannot change a rule after it has been broken to fix it.

You can change a process to make sure it doesnt happen again.

• Like 1

If they do end up in League 2 then they should start on minus 30 like Luton had to.  If not they have effectively got off no worse than they would have been by playing out this season.

Apparently other EFL clubs are going to be asked. Carol and Kevin need to put sympathy aside and say absolutely no to any return to League Two, it makes a complete mockery of actually having to pay your bills.

12 hours ago, blackdog said:

Latest from Sky.

The EFL have agreed to discuss the matter of Bury's potential re-entry into the Football League following their expulsion last week.

I wonder what it was in Bury's list of grievances that prompted the EFL to do another U turn?

I wonder Barry. MPs involved, mayor of Manc etc. Where were they weeks or months ago? Probably celebrating Dale’s success. 

I know the EFL should have done loads more but that’s not the reason they’re broke. They’ve been a basket case club for years. 

They should accept their fate (most sympathy will now wane following this) rebuild and move on. The EFL likewise. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

I wonder what it was in Bury's list of grievances that prompted the EFL to do another U turn?

Perhaps pointed out Port Vale were reinstated in 1968 after financial irregularities. Though different circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Perhaps pointed out Port Vale were reinstated in 1968 after financial irregularities. Though different circumstances. 

51 years ago when we were young 😎

Only reason I can think of why the EFL are considering this is that some of Dale's accusations about them actively working against Bury & putting obstacles in the way of a takeover are true. Which could mean that the potential legal action they were being threatened with has some actual grounds.

Seems unlikely given the type of person Dale is, but I don't really have much faith in the EFL either. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they broke their own rules at some point just to remove Bury/Dale from the league. They're not exactly consistent are they when it comes to rulings with clubs in trouble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Only reason I can think of why the EFL are considering this is that some of Dale's accusations about them actively working against Bury & putting obstacles in the way of a takeover are true. Which could mean that the potential legal action they were being threatened with has some actual grounds.

Seems unlikely given the type of person Dale is, but I don't really have much faith in the EFL either. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they broke their own rules at some point just to remove Bury/Dale from the league. They're not exactly consistent are they when it comes to rulings with clubs in trouble.

There may well be complications that we do not know about so I am willing to hold judgement for a while, but the decision should not too long that it makes the relegation situation in L2 uncertain, thus decision this year is required. I remember the days in the Mathews period when Vale were expelled from the league and perhaps only his reputation brought us back. Peterborough for the same offences were relegated to L4 but we stayed in L4, in their minds we were not punished in the same extent.

I still stick with them being given a L2 relegation spot as the minimum sentence.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

There may well be complications that we do not know about so I am willing to hold judgement for a while, but the decision should not too long that it makes the relegation situation in L2 uncertain, thus decision this year is required. I remember the days in the Mathews period when Vale were expelled from the league and perhaps only his reputation brought us back. Peterborough for the same offences were relegated to L4 but we stayed in L4, in their minds we were not punished in the same extent.

I still stick with them being given a L2 relegation spot as the minimum sentence.

So no punishment then is the minimum. Personally don’t buy it. Div 2 and minus 30 to begin with then fair do’s, as a minimum. 

No! Why should National League teams who abide by the rules miss out due to Bury 'cheating'? I guess you could say that for teams below whichever league Bury try again from but I think it should National North at very very best. I honestly feel for the fans and businesses affected by this - it must be horrendous - but to get permission to regenerate in League Two less than 12 months after all this? Farcical. The club has gone, time to start again.

• Like 1

No way should they be allowed back into league 2. It's a green light for others to cheat their way upwards. The lower the better as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

EFL Clubs voting today to see if Bury will be re-instated into L2 next season.

Apparently most clubs are strongly against it, especially the L2 clubs so likely to be rejected.

Three options will be offered:

Stay at 71 EFL Teams (23 in L2 next season)

Have 72 next season with only 1 relegation from L2

Have 72 Next season with an extra promotion spot from the NL or Bury returning.

• Thanks 1

As expected Bury rejected by EFL clubs and they have decided to back the idea of 1 relegation spot from L2 to bring the numbers back to 72.

So have to finish bottom to go down this season.

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

As expected Bury rejected by EFL clubs and they have decided to back the idea of 1 relegation spot from L2 to bring the numbers back to 72.

So have to finish bottom to go down this season.

Not that League two sides are looking after themselves by voting for only one relegation spot of course.

The most sensical decision would have been to promote an extra National League side, but when did common sense ever come into it when you can take advantage of the Bury situation to suit yourselves.

• Like 1