onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

Advert

39 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Can we get back on topic please 🤨

Gladly. The topic of Theresa May standing down in which the Conservative party membership get to vote on the new leader. Of which some of the views of these members can be questioned-the point I was making.

Surely we can all agree islamaphobia is wrong. But obviously some posters think it is reasonable to allow islamaphobia, and justify it by saying Labour have an antisemitism problem so it's ok to allow islamaphobia. 

2 hours ago, ginge said:

The perpetrators of racism in all parties should be given appropriate punishments. The labour party have an antisemitism problem and the tories have an islamaphobia problem which need solving. 

The first part I totally agree with...... the second I'm not sure about.

5 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

You brought racism up,<Edit> How many anti semites voted for Liebour MPs and Leader in the recent elections.All of them?I will be enjoying you holier than thou **** holes squirming after Wednesday.

16 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I unfortunately read this until I realised who posted it.Yet again more lies.I did not call anyone an a hole and I misspelled Ginge as he had pointed out my spelling and reading wasn’t up to much.Read this and digest,comments by your less than motley crew only emphasise what this country is likely to become If Liebour ever get in again. <edit>

Thought I was on ignore? 🤣

You'd already called him m**** prior to him bringing up your spelling. Anyway, onwards and upwards. Look forward to your next comment on my posts that you are ignoring. 

2 minutes ago, ginge said:

Gladly. The topic of Theresa May standing down in which the Conservative party membership get to vote on the new leader. Of which some of the views of these members can be questioned-the point I was making.

Surely we can all agree islamaphobia is wrong. But obviously some posters think it is reasonable to allow islamaphobia, and justify it by saying Labour have an antisemitism problem so it's ok to allow islamaphobia. 

It's a little odd.... to me..... to say, or suggest...... some racists can vote for a Tory leader without reference to the fact that some racists voted for the opposition leader.

To clarify......

I'm not sure if the problem is with islamaphobia antisemitism or with how it's dealt with and I'm not sure if being anti Israel  is antisemitism and I'm not sure which catagory the alleged perpetrators fall into.

8 minutes ago, ginge said:

Cheers Ginge,

I nearly always steer clear of politics/religion conversations because, in my opinion, the two do not mix and become a nightmare when politics stick its bib into debates to somehow try and score points off the opposition i.e. like you, when the body politic engages in breast plating its religious biases and bigotries then Vox Populi have every right in demanding they be brought to account. 

13 minutes ago, geosname said:

To clarify......

I'm not sure if the problem is with islamaphobia antisemitism or with how it's dealt with and I'm not sure if being anti Israel  is antisemitism and I'm not sure which catagory the alleged perpetrators fall into.

I'm sure the Beeb will clarify the problem tomorrow night?

56 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'm not sure if being anti Israel  is being antisemitic"

See, that's the crux of it for me. 

To me if a state is based on a religion, any criticism of the state could  be said to be of a religious nature. So that state could do no wrong in the eyes of its religion, but would have problems with the rest of the world. Israel is not unique in that respect. 

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

To me if a state is based on a religion, any criticism of the state could  be said to be of a religious nature. So that state could do no wrong in the eyes of its religion, but would have problems with the rest of the world. Israel is not unique in that respect. 

I'm not sure if what the state does in the name of any religion is what the religion advocates

Archived