onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Got to go at Morecambe from the start with an attacking line up, surely not both Joyce and Kay. Just feel Harris might be one of those strikers who runs around up front to no effect. Elliot looked more threatening when he came on against Carlisle, their centre half was unnerved when Elliot started running at him.

Advert

Askey is saying that we are prepared to look at out of contract players and if the right one comes up we will jump at the chance.

This begs two important points.

1) If the right player is found will Smurthwaite agree to the salary request when you consider how he pulled the rug from under the Richards deal ?

2) Shows what an almighty b***s up Smurthwaite made of his transfer window and his "On the cheap" U23 signings who are obviously no where close to what is required for a relegation scrap.

Not very good at running a football club is he ? on the other hand he's good at making money from a football club at the expense of the clubs league position,so he's not that daft.

Imagine we go at them from the off, get a goal up within 15 minutes......and then i woke up.

In all seriousness we need to get the crowd on board and take the game to them, it really is a massive game. Not quite Chesterfield proportions yet but the mindset Saturday night could be so much easier with a decent 2-0 or 3-0 win against a poor side.

We all know Vale don't do things the easy way so i'll predict a nailbiter.

Kay or Joyce has to be sacrificed and i'd even throw Hannant in the mix for a rest.

Whitfield must start.

Massive game but one we can win...

Morecambe will be Morecambe, you know what you will get they will sit deep and be difficult to break down and try and nick one so getting the first goal is crucial, concede and they will park the bus big time.

An early goal for us could then open the game up which may suit us better... now with Morecambe likely to be defensive Askey will surely not play both Joyce and Kay (oddly since Kay has come in the form has nose dived!

I'd play Kay as the holding midfielder simply because he's got a goal in him and Joyce hasn't.

Quote from Askey in today’s Sentinel: “I have got a good idea of the team for Saturday. But hopefully coming and watching the (reserve) game, one or two players will change my mind. At the moment I have to be open to changes but we weren’t far off it on Saturday. Sometimes you need that little bit of consistency.”

Was he watching the same game as us? We are crying out for a change of formation and a different set up. Doesn’t fill me with much confidence I must say.

In a way I think what he says about the game Saturday is right. Take the chances, both had excellent opportunities to score in the 6 yard box which both keepers saved. Both made each keeper make a decent save from a long range effort. They scored a deflected goal. We had one ruled out. It’s fine margins. I know we need to be on the front foot more and keep the ball better, but I think there was very little between the 2 sides Saturday and it was a tight game. The key now I think is to take out one of the holding midfielders at least for manny and I think add a bit of pace up front with Pope.

Askey is saying that we are prepared to look at out of contract players and if the right one comes up we will jump at the chance.

This begs two important points.

1) If the right player is found will Smurthwaite agree to the salary request when you consider how he pulled the rug from under the Richards deal ?

2) Shows what an almighty b***s up Smurthwaite made of his transfer window and his "On the cheap" U23 signings who are obviously no where close to what is required for a relegation scrap.

Not very good at running a football club is he ? on the other hand he's good at making money from a football club at the expense of the clubs league position,so he's not that daft.

1. Money wasn’t an issue in the Richards deal - see Phil Sproson

2. In the eyes of John Askey who has little or no knowledge of a league 2 relegation battle and who chose old has beens over young players in his first game despite witnessing them perform abjectly previously.

Where is the evidence of him making money from a football club or is this yet another rumour that will be picked up and run with as ‘fact’? I’m genuinely interested to see the profit he’s making.

Interesting stat here..if you don't buy a ticket etc etc

Mark O'Haire

@MarkOHaire

1h1 hour ago

More

Fewest shots on-target per-game (EFL):

2.55 Ipswich

2.71 Bolton

3.13 Wimbledon

3.30 Blackpool

3.31 Stevenage

3.45 Notts County

3.48 Wigan

3.52 Stoke

3.53 Millwall

3.58 Exeter

3.66 Grimsby

3.68 Hull

3.68 Port Vale

*per-game averages

Yet bizarrely Exeter in play-offs

1. Money wasn’t an issue in the Richards deal - see Phil Sproson

2. In the eyes of John Askey who has little or no knowledge of a league 2 relegation battle and who chose old has beens over young players in his first game despite witnessing them perform abjectly previously.

Where is the evidence of him making money from a football club or is this yet another rumour that will be picked up and run with as ‘fact’? I’m genuinely interested to see the profit he’s making.

1 money was an issue or he would have signed.

2 In your biased opinion.

3 He must be making money because why hang on to an asset that is losing money ?

The SDL jumping to Smurthwaites defence.

Archived