onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vales new manager

yorky valiant

And well done dodging the original question. What would you say has been his fault? Anything?

Appointing 4 crap managers, giving into pressure and appointing a CEO, trusting Wildes and his hair brained schemes, becoming too trusting of certain fans and not using his original model (experienced manager who chooses quality over quantity) long term.

He’s made mistakes, everyone does, crikey you do every time you type but ultimately this rubbish suggesting he wants the club to fail and not be successful makes no sense.

Advert

I will be amazed if Pugh isn't given the chance fits the modus operandi, Smurthwaite knows him and he will screw him on salary and because he would/might want a crack at management will not negotiate because to get your first job in football is difficult.

That’s my main fear, please god not another inexperienced trainee, non-league manager or Pope.

Criticism fine, abuse is not, look at the pathetic name calling, the abuse on Twitter was scandalous, the make believe stories made up about him which are picked up and run with as fact.

Yes he’s clearly failing and yes he’s lied but abusing him serves no purpose, it’s counter productive. Peaceful protest (without foul and abusive language) and starving him out are all logical steps for those that want him gone.

Viable alternatives - where and how are they ‘viable’?

The buck does stop with him but the players are taking the **** out of the club (Brown aside), 4 crap managers have failed and the CEO has failed, of that there is little or no doubt.

I don’t care who owns the club so long as the club is successful. At the moment he’s provided a budget which his staff and the players are currently hugely underperforming on.

I'll cling to the fact that you agree he's failing, and you're fine with peaceful protests.

How do you think we should proceed? As frustrated fans (rightly so), what would you have us do? Because at the moment you simply appear to be arguing for arguings sake.

People have listed their reasons for protesting, their preferred owners, the many many failings of Smurthwaite, and yet you argue every single time, despite the fact that you've just admitted you actually agree with us.

So in the last day or two we've had Phizz, fraggle and the usual bile from REP. Diverting all blame from Smurthwaite. Now Garlick is their focus. The bloke that came as Company Secretary and then one day started to be referred to as CEO (typical Norman).

So, what do you think Smurthwaite is to blame for? If anything. Are the vast majority out of order? Are we all wrong? What has he done that warrants you defending him so much? Is dropping from mid table L1 to bottom of L2 ok?

I’m just playing devils advocate and being more balanced than some on here. I’ve said in nearly every single post, I’m not fan of Smurf’s for many of the reasons everyone else has cited. He could go some way to redeeming himself by going guns out for a decent manager of pedigree and experience.... but will he?

We are where we are. I’m not optimistic, nor happy with the current situation, but we have to have balanced views, just because I’m not a hater, you all become haters. I call out Garlick because he took the CEO position and plays puppet or seemingly in my eyes, not playing the role of what a CEO should be doing.

I’m just playing devils advocate and being more balanced than some on here. I’ve said in nearly every single post, I’m not fan of Smurf’s for many of the reasons everyone else has cited. He could go some way to redeeming himself by going guns out for a decent manager of pedigree and experience.... but will he?

We are where we are. I’m not optimistic, nor happy with the current situation, but we have to have balanced views, just because I’m not a hater, you all become haters. I call out Garlick because he took the CEO position and plays puppet or seemingly in my eyes, not playing the role of what a CEO should be doing.

Just because you say you're balanced it doesn't necessarily make it so. I only want what's best for Port Vale. If Smurthwaite was doing a good job, then he'd get the praise he deserves. But the simple truth is pretty obvious for all to see. Carry on as we are, and there's no prizes for guessing where we'll end up.

No one has hated on you, just disagreed.

The buck stops at the chairman and the CEO is an extension of the chairman, he is just doing the chairman’s bidding, he is not autonomous and is basically just a buffer between the chairman and the rest of the “organisation”. The club as a whole is run on a shoestring, to the point of players being affected by simple things not being organised well enough in their day to day routines.

To say the players as a whole are taking the **** out of the club is IMO wrong, there are a bunch of players there looking to make a career in the game who are hungry. Surely that’s clear to see? Some of them may come up short sometimes but IMO the effort and desire is there I think in the majority. But for me the main issue has been the managers and the lack of investment.

To say the players as a whole are taking the **** out of the club is IMO wrong, there are a bunch of players there looking to make a career in the game who are hungry. Surely that’s clear to see?

You clearly don’t watch many of our games if you think that’s clear to see. Massively underperforming this season.

Other than Brown who has exceeeded expectation?

If they are looking to make a career in the game they might want to see if they are hiring at their nearest Londis!

Just because you say you're balanced it doesn't necessarily make it so. I only want what's best for Port Vale. If Smurthwaite was doing a good job, then he'd get the praise he deserves. But the simple truth is pretty obvious for all to see. Carry on as we are, and there's no prizes for guessing where we'll end up.

No one has hated on you, just disagreed.

Balanced means you can see both sides of an argument, Fraggle clearly can, that’s obvious.

Hand on heart can you say you are balanced by simply firing criticism only and making bland statements like there being viable alternatives without actually knowing.

Our fan base has a history of sulking and protesting and encouraging administration when we want the powers that be out, do we just keep doing that forever?

Why would he want to do those aforementioned thing and cost himself financially?

He’s either just making the wrong decisions or deliberately trying to lose money?

you don't get it do u , he aint losing money he has earned more than his stake and running costs why would he sell when he is on an earner? its cost him nowt

Archived