onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vales new manager

yorky valiant

You clearly don’t watch many of our games if you think that’s clear to see. Massively underperforming this season.

Other than Brown who has exceeeded expectation?

If they are looking to make a career in the game they might want to see if they are hiring at their nearest Londis!

Who mentioned exceeding expectations? In an effort to divert flak from Smurf you came up with the sweeping loads of ******** that was accusing every player of taking the **** out of the club. So players like Clark, smith, crooks, manny, Gibbons, Hannant, Joyce, Kay, Pope, Brown for example are taking the **** out of the club every time they pull on the shirt? I don’t think so and it looks to me like those players in particular are trying, things may not work out as they want but taking the **** out of the club? No I don’t see that.

Advert

Yeah of course they did' date=' who were their four previous crap former non-league managers or novices?[/quote']

That would be Chris Moyses then Gary Simpson,if memory serves me right Dave Holdsworth and i think before that Steve Tillson.

Who mentioned exceeding expectations? In an effort to divert flak from Smurf you came up with the sweeping loads of ******** that was accusing every player of taking the **** out of the club. So players like Clark, smith, crooks, manny, Gibbons, Hannant, Joyce, Kay, Pope, Brown for example are taking the **** out of the club every time they pull on the shirt? I don’t think so and it looks to me like those players in particular are trying, things may not work out as they want but taking the **** out of the club? No I don’t see that.

I said aside from BROWN if you read back.

Ok let’s not say exceeding expectations as it’s clear only Brown is.

Crookes it’s too early to judge although it looks like Sproey has found us a potential gem.

Who has met expectations? Clark fair enough. The rest if that’s hitting expectations we are screwed and they aren’t footballers.

The rest really must do better.

God bless google hey ��

Steve Tilson the veteran of over 350 games in league management prior to Lincoln? Doesn’t fit mate.

I have connections in Lincoln and I'm sorry I didn't reach your arrogant know it all standards If I had googled it I would not have put Tillson.

Thats what Lincoln fans said when the Cowley bros joined from Braintree Town.

The Cowley brothers continue to be an outlier though Mario. I would genuinely like nothing more than to find an up and coming gem of a manager that would shake things up and take us on an upward trajectory, but now isn't the right time for such a risk (which it would always be).

We need a steady hand on the tiller in the short term, and the ownership issues resolved before we can look to move forwards significantly.

The buck does stop with him but the players are taking the **** out of the club (Brown aside), 4 crap managers have failed and the CEO has failed, of that there is little or no doubt.

Players having bad games, being inconsistent or the team under performing is a totally different thing to accusing them of taking the **** out of the club. I don’t see that as being the case in many of them at all and whilst we’ve seen some players have a bad game I can’t remember thinking they’re taking the **** out of us or the club. When statements like taking the **** out of the club, they’re just non league anyway or they should go and work in Tesco, they’ve got no career in the game etc are banded around by people in here and social media its just hot air and people getting angry.

It’s blindingly obvious as a side that they must do better. However I think individually, of the games they’ve played we’ve got some players who have been performing well in the main for themselves. I hear rumours that we’ve got a few players being scouted by agents and other sides and the reality is these lads will probably make a career in the game despite fans over reaction and negativity. But games aren’t won individually. It’s no good Brown having a great game, or Kay stepping up to keep the team going and doing the dirty work, or Gibbons / Crooks / Clark showing us why they’re so highly rated or Hannant / Smith putting in their usual workrate....... when for me a manager chopping and changing regularly, not playing a settled formation, playing players out of position, having an unbalanced squad are the big reasons why the team as a collective hasn’t performed over the season. That’s why we are where we are IMO.

I still think we’ve got a better squad than last season, so here’s to someone coming in who finds himself a settled 11 and a way of playing we can work on to try and get some consistency in the side.

Why are you talking about exceeding expectations when in your opinion the players are taking the **** out of the club (Brown aside). Players having bad games, being inconsistent or the team under performing is a totally different thing to accusing them of taking the **** out of the club. I don’t see that as being the case in many of them at all. When statements like taking the **** out of the club, they’re just non league anyway or they should go and work in Tesco etc are banded around by people in here and social media its just hot air and people getting angry.

It’s blindingly obvious as a side that they must do better. However I think individually, of the games they’ve played we’ve got some players who have been performing well in the main for them. But games aren’t won individually. It’s no good Brown having a great game, or Kay stepping up to keep the team going and doing the dirty work, or Gibbons / Crooks / Clark showing us why they’re so highly rated or Hannant putting in his usual workrate....... when for me a manager chopping and changing regularly, not playing a settled formation, playing players out of position, having an unbalanced squad are the big reasons why the team as a collective hasn’t performed over the season. That’s why we are where we are IMO.

I still think we’ve got a better squad than last season, so here’s to someone coming in who finds himself a settled 11 and a way of playing we can work on to try and get some consistency in the side.

I do agree to some extent a decent manager will get more out of them, let’s dace it he and they can’t do much worse given this seasons and last seasons debacles.

It’s why it’s imperative it’s an experienced league manager this time who the players know they can’t take the **** out of. They’d have Pugh on toast.

I do agree to some extent a decent manager will get more out of them, let’s dace it he and they can’t do much worse given this seasons and last seasons debacles.

It’s why it’s imperative it’s an experienced league manager this time who the players know they can’t take the **** out of. They’d have Pugh on toast.

Yes.

I read Popes comments on Pugh and I’d add that some of the lads I know speak highly of him as well. But being respected and being a good manager are different things.

The issue with Pugh is its such a gamble...

He could easily be the next Cowley or easily the next Michael Brown but the position we are in we can’t take that risk to find out, same with the Stourbridge boss. We need experience in our position.

If say we were 15 points clear and virtually safe then you could back giving Pugh a chance or even if doomed like Macclesfield with Campbell in a no lose situation which has worked out for them.

QUOTE=Robbie Earle's Perm;851940]Balanced means you can see both sides of an argument, Fraggle clearly can, that’s obvious.

Hand on heart can you say you are balanced by simply firing criticism only and making bland statements like there being viable alternatives without actually knowing.

Our fan base has a history of sulking and protesting and encouraging administration when we want the powers that be out, do we just keep doing that forever?

Balanced means looking at all available evidence and giving a view on what you know to be true. I comment as a Vale fan that couldn't care less who owns the club, so long as they do what's best for it. All information I know to be true;

- Destroying the clubs reputation.

- Banning the sentinel.

- Messing up Adams' contract.

- Messing up Popes contract.

- Lying about Bill Bell, several times.

- Forcing Rob Page out then bragging about it.

- Forcing out a mid table L1 squad and replacing them with Bruno and the foriegn 4th div players that got us relegated.

- Failing during every transfer window.

- Calling fans racist.

- Abusing fans on here and social media.

- Printing 100 flyers, handing them out to people already at the game and claiming that constitutes a marketing campaign.

- Offering to sign players only if a huge increase in fans suddenly appear for a game v Swindon, then blaming fans for it not materialising.

- Failed projects; railway pub, lorne st apartments.

- Sending out players salaries to a select group of fans.

- Paying those salaries to dog **** players.

- Promising funds in Jan, then not spending it.

- Splitting the club from the ground.

The list is endless.

Now, hand on heart, I've been on here many times (as well you know) and praised when it has been deserved. Good kits. Freezing ST prices. Reducing prices after relegation. But when the overwhelming evidence suggests that he is damaging the club I love, then I'm going to criticise him.

Using your own argument that you used against Jacko...you came on here last night and said Smurthwaite is failing and has made mistakes. Where is your money, why don't you take over the club, it's easy to criticise when you don't know what it's like yourself. What makes it ok for you to criticise without offering viable alternatives, and then all you do is argue with people doing exactly the same thing. Difference being, we do offer alternatives, we do know they exist, you on the other hand just post nonsense from day to day without offering anything of any value that could be seen as a way forward for the club you claim you love.

Let's have it REP. Where are we going wrong, what would you suggest we do?

The difference is FST I don’t care whether he stays or goes in the least. Your heavily weighted and somewhat clinical post above shows your bias, that’s completely your choice.

If people want him out, start a kitty, chip in and have a go if you can meet his price. Be careful though as you will soon be hated just as much by some in a few years just like Bell, v2001 and the current owner when things aren’t going well.

Telling someone to sell their own assets for a price you want some as yet fantasy buyer to buy it for is never going to work in what is currently a sellers market for the asset in question.

Christ if somewhat irrational hate couldn’t get vale fans out of owning and running the club I doubt it’s going to impact on a businessman with skin thick than a rhino.

What those that want him out need to do is find long term successful owners willing to pay what the owner wants, everything else is simply just white noise sadly.

Archived