onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dodds returns to Chesterfield

Mattholl

Advert

Another absolutely bizarre signing by whoever.

What I will say is that Doddsy did not deserve the abuse and HATE bestowed to him on here. Pretty disgusting to be honest.

His best days are gone.

I'll never forget the 5-2 at Fleetwood or his performance at Rotherham on boxing day.

A pivotal part of a team that scored for fun under MA

Thanks for the memories Doddsy and it's a shame you came back to a club at one of it's lowest ebbs ever.

Shame on you all the haters

Another absolutely bizarre signing by whoever.

What I will say is that Doddsy did not deserve the abuse and HATE bestowed to him on here. Pretty disgusting to be honest.

His best days are gone.

I'll never forget the 5-2 at Fleetwood or his performance at Rotherham on boxing day.

A pivotal part of a team that scored for fun under MA

Thanks for the memories Doddsy and it's a shame you came back to a club at one of it's lowest ebbs ever.

Shame on you all the haters

Totally agree, no one should really slate Doddsy, a great servant spanning 11 years, part of the team that stuck together through administration and won promotion and then did well in L1.

His goals against Fleetwood and Rotherham away stand out as great memories.

Good luck Louis and deserve plenty of respect for your overall time, I am saddened it didnt work out this time.

Little Louis, after offering absolutely nothing this year returns to Chesterfield early. Predicted by a few folks :wink:

Should never have been brought back and whatever deal we had on wages was robbery

Poor comments but to be expected from you.......

I can understand Dodds not being everybody's cup of tea but you've really got to be a special type of ársehole to take any pleasure out of things not working out for him here, or to pour vitriol on a great servant to the football club.

You have to be the type of person that would call him a rat and threaten to abuse and boo him at games. A laughable person.

You have to be the type of person that would call him a rat and threaten to abuse and boo him at games. A laughable person.

Almost as laughable as expecting him to score his 'standard 10 goals a season'. All these people who said what a great signing he was a time disappearing into the woodwork as per usual on OVF....just thanking him for his efforts. How effective they were eh?

He likely picked up close to 30k in the time hes been with us.Just let that sink in for a while

Totally agree, how people can slaughter, one of the nicest, most genuine lads we've had for years, I don't know.

He didn't really get a look in this time around, but I spoke to him several times, never appeared down, never criticised, never moaned, just got on with things on and off the pitch, a real gent.

Okay not everyone's cup of tea, and though it probably means nothing to him, I for one am going to thank him for everything he's done

Totally agree, how people can slaughter, one of the nicest, most genuine lads we've had for years, I don't know.

He didn't really get a look in this time around, but I spoke to him several times, never appeared down, never criticised, never moaned, just got on with things on and off the pitch, a real gent.

Okay not everyone's cup of tea, and though it probably means nothing to him, I for one am going to thank him for everything he's done

This is the issue being a nice, genuine lad doesn’t make him a good footballer. This ovf crowd have slaughtered other players who I’m sure are nice genuine lads but pick on little Louis and everyone starts losing their mind.

I’ll tell you why he’s not complained about being on the bench....because the alternative is sitting in the reserves in the national league. He was just happy to be here

Almost as laughable as expecting him to score his 'standard 10 goals a season'. All these people who said what a great signing he was a time disappearing into the woodwork as per usual on OVF....just thanking him for his efforts. How effective they were eh?

He likely picked up close to 30k in the time hes been with us.Just let that sink in for a while

The thing you refuse to acknowledge is that that not what people are laughing at you for... he didn’t make the impact we hoped... fair enough. People think you are pathetic because of your comments that he should be booed and abused. A fact you refuse to listen too.

The thing you refuse to acknowledge is that that not what people are laughing at you for... he didn’t make the impact we hoped... fair enough. People think you are pathetic because of your comments that he should be booed and abused. A fact you refuse to listen too.

I think large portion of the people who post on here need either a decent eye test or know little to nothing about football. Its a fact that the majority refuse to listen to however.

I explained I don't like him and I want to boo him.... the same people critising me for that are likely the same ones who boo club legend Neil Aspin and his team on a regular basis

Matt

Rather than single out Dodds maybe we should look deeper

Kanu, Quigley, Hard Castle, Dodds

Has there ever been a bunch of loanees all brought in at the same time who have offered absolutely nothing?

Possibly didn't start even 6 league games between them.

You can't blame Dodds for accepting our offer it wasn't his fault.

He should never of been signed but there has been an agenda against him from the word go by many.

Do I rate him as a player any more ?

Probably not no , however I've never seen such bizarre hate for someone who gave this club plenty.

Wonder who the new hate figure will be now ?

He was offered the chance to rejoin a club he has a lot of affection for and in a higher division than the club he was at, would of been a fool to say no wouldn't he ?

Maybe Aspin or NS should be more culpable as it looked a weird signing at the time.

If you want someone to say you were right and it gives you pleasure, then YES Matt you were proved correct.

Doesn't make the hate and slagging off any more acceptable

I think large portion of the people who post on here need either a decent eye test or know little to nothing about football. Its a fact that the majority refuse to listen to however.

I explained I don't like him and I want to boo him.... the same people critising me for that are likely the same ones who boo club legend Neil Aspin and his team on a regular basis

There is a difference between booing a performance and the abuse you want to throw at Dodds... you know it, I know it... you won’t acknowlesge it.

We move on

Dodds is contracted by Chesterfield and would have been paid his full salary by them regardless of whether he chose to come to Vale or fight for his place there. It isn’t greed on his part so don’t make the money argument about him.

Amazing that when the recruitment isn’t up to scratch people go about blaming the staff themselves for being recruited.

Archived