onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dodds returns to Chesterfield

Mattholl

Almost as laughable as expecting him to score his 'standard 10 goals a season'. All these people who said what a great signing he was a time disappearing into the woodwork as per usual on OVF....just thanking him for his efforts. How effective they were eh?

He likely picked up close to 30k in the time hes been with us.Just let that sink in for a while

Glad you're not my accountant. The tax man would be laughing his socks off!

Advert

Yeah underestimated at little bit 1.5k per week (not saying vale have paid that to him) since July is more than 30k. Before the usual plonkers wade in with their rumoured £250 for Dodds just remember the season we came down we couldn’t afford his wage which was said to be 1.5k a week. Martin allen said Dodds going on loan frees up enough money to bring in a good player. That’s not happening for £250, so we’ve wasted a lot of money

Yeah underestimated at little bit 1.5k per week (not saying vale have paid that to him) since July is more than 30k. Before the usual plonkers wade in with their rumoured £250 for Dodds just remember the season we came down we couldn’t afford his wage which was said to be 1.5k a week. Martin allen said Dodds going on loan frees up enough money to bring in a good player. That’s not happening for £250, so we’ve wasted a lot of money

So the implication in your initial post that he'd picked up £30k from Vale was not the case?

30k that could have been spent on a decent first team player.

I think he was only here because of his mate Popey putting a good word in for him that he could score 10 goals a season.How many league goals has he scored in the last two years.He has spent all season comfortably sitting on the bench and even Aspin for once has made a good decision to save money.

Chesterfield in the National league is his level now and they probably need him more than we do if he can get a place.

We said he was a waste of money especially on his wages.Sentiment doesn’t come in to it when we are fighting for our lives to stay in Div2 and Dodds is no use to us at the current time.

I explained I don't like him and I want to boo him.... the same people critising me for that are likely the same ones who boo club legend Neil Aspin and his team on a regular basis

I feel sorry for you ,having such vitriol and anger surrounding a footballer.

It shows Aspins lack of knowledge not to play him. He is better than the majority in the current squad and we all know he can compliment Pope very well if played correctly. He is not suited to the big hoof up the pitch which unfortunately appears to be our managers go to tactic.

I thank Louis for what he has done for the Vale. I appreciate he has his haters, but he was part of a team that was the most exciting we have had since Sir John's team of the 90's.

Little Louis, after offering absolutely nothing this year returns to Chesterfield early. Predicted by a few folks :wink:

Should never have been brought back and whatever deal we had on wages was robbery

I’m amazed you can work out how to get on the internet.

Great servant and player but for me sums up the lazy scouting and signings of the Aspin era

Came because he was cheap, available and on what he had done in the past. Nobody had looked at the sort of football he had played the previous year because if they had, no way would he have been signed.

More to the point he was brought in and the tactics we’ve played have not suited players like him and also someone like Whitfield too. We’ve stuck to the same lump it up (until the last 2 games) instead of finding a way to play to suit the players we have in the squad. As a result players like Dodds, Whitfield and Miller have struggled.

Great servant and player but for me sums up the lazy scouting and signings of the Aspin era

Came because he was cheap, available

Completely agree.

At one point last Summer Aspin said that Dodds was not on his radar and he had a list of targets to aim for. Within 2-3 weeks we'd signed Dodds, showing just how p-poor our recruitment is, as Aspin had clearly failed to get any of his list of targets & had to resort to signing Dodds.

Transfer dealings under Smurthwaite are an endless circle of shyyte, and are clearly a result of his formula for paying player (and indeed manager) wages......£peanuts=monkeys

Archived