onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

State of external walkways

whotobeakiller

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Bycars and Railway external walkways (Outside the ground) are due anytime soon for repair and tarmacing?

Nearly broke my foot outside the bycars end when walking around the field because of the uneven slabs and dampness..that's before we even discuss the potholes and cracks in the walkways ground

Wonder if Norman would be prepared to put his hand in his pocket or even make some communication with the council to get this rectified-It's long overdue..probably by about 30 years!!

Health and safety wouldn't pass it so someone is ultimately responsible...probably the council whom have helped Stoke over the years with their ground...why can't they help with Vales

Advert

Don't tell Monty, he'll be out for a month just looking at it.

The long and short of it is that the way of the world, particularly where public money is involved, is that it's cheaper to pay out on any claims than it is to actually repair the issues, particularly so where the claims will be generally covered by insurance. Morally wrong, you could say, but financially beneficial.

To me this is just another added expense that may come of the Bycars.

I understand people wanting to sit where they always have, but many clubs close parts of the ground they don't need to save money. Vale - in this league with ever decreasing crowds - would certainly be better placed to spend what little money they have elsewhere.

Tin hat firmly on.

I dont know who is responsible for the footpath behind the Bycars but defects can be reported on Stoke councils website doubt it will do much good though :)

That strip has all the hallmarks of being either a private walkway and/or an unadopted footpath (i.e. terrible state, no lighting, etc). So, if that's the case, Council will not be interested at all. Quick public index match search with the Land Registry will determine ownership if it's registered land.

There is a public right of way alongside the back of the Railway Stand and Synectics car park to Bycars Lane, where the training ground is. As they used to be council pitches I'd be surprised if there wasn't a right of way down there.

As anyone ever noticed the lethal piece of steel coming out of the gate by the synetics car park as you come out the railway ?

I’m surprised it’s not took someone’s leg yet off. It’s an accident waiting to happen.

Have you reported it? If not, I would to both Synethics and Vale. Between them you would hope someone would sort it out

To me this is just another added expense that may come of the Bycars.

I understand people wanting to sit where they always have, but many clubs close parts of the ground they don't need to save money. Vale - in this league with ever decreasing crowds - would certainly be better placed to spend what little money they have elsewhere.

Tin hat firmly on.

Problem with Vale fans is that they say they will not go again if they have move seats. Yet it makes sense to condence the smaller crowds like closing the rear of the railway etc. Other clubs will put netting up etc.

As anyone ever noticed the lethal piece of steel coming out of the gate by the synetics car park as you come out the railway ?

I’m surprised it’s not took someone’s leg off yet. It’s an accident waiting to happen.

Or if you have 10 minutes to spare, go down there with a grinder and sort it out yourself. I'd do that! Sometimes it's easier to just do things yourself.

Archived