onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Please Neil listen to the fans

old sage

I was one of the many Vale fans who rejoiced when Neil Aspin took over the managerial reins.

Now though due to the negative set up of the team and playing just Tom Pope in attack virtually all fans find it very frustrating when we especially treat lesser teams with too much respect.

Neil if you don't believe we have a second striker good enough to partner Popey then please, please sign one up because the good will of most fans is wearing very thin but that said the vast majority including myself want you to succeed.

Advert

I was one of the many Vale fans who rejoiced when Neil Aspin took over the managerial reins.

Now though due to the negative set up of the team and playing just Tom Pope in attack virtually all fans find it very frustrating when we especially treat lesser teams with too much respect.

Neil if you don't believe we have a second striker good enough to partner Popey then please, please sign one up because the good will of most fans is wearing very thin but that said the vast majority including myself want you to succeed.

Great post, although its not just a case of a second striker. We need to play with less negativity and more attacking intent. I don't see what Hannant gives us in the attacking third. His delivery is awful. Monty and Hannant are too far away from Pope to support him. We are in desperate need of some pace on the pitch.

Guest TommyMac
Let me get this right.Pope signs a new deal,so we need

another striker and two wingers.Looks a bit expensive that contract.

Or you could say if he hadn't signed a new deal we need two strikers and two wingers. Sounds like a saving to me.

A trip to Macclesfield with Vale has always been a great day out.A great atmosphere,a real buzz about the town bumping into fellow mates and acquaintances.

Yesterday before the game in all the pubs I visited every Vale fan was subdued and down.This was exactly the same throughout the game as only one song was sung throughout the entire 90 minutes because the dross on offer on the pitch gave us nothing to shout about all afternoon.My last away game was Yeovil in 2015.I work and live out of the area now.Its sad to see the current state of affairs at Port Vale now and they are truly in decline.I was gonna go to the game on Boxing Day but I have since decided against this.

I really hope that things start to pick up at Vale Park again but on yesterday's evidence it's a rot that's well and truly set in.I feel genuinely sorry for all true supporters that still go and support the team home and away but for me I'm glad it's over.I don't miss it and yesterday reinforced that.

Regardless of Popey signing a new contract, unless Aspin suddenly grows a pair, stops concentrating on not losing, and in doing so not getting the sack, and instead sends out a team to win, and i genuinely believe we have the players to do so, I and hundreds of others, both fear, and are accepting of the fact, that we will be forced to watch a lot more of this utter tripe

I have written it before : A proven/successful striker and a wide man who can supply a good centre ball would see us into the play off's.

More of attacking types of tactics would be conducive to gaining more attractive football, obviously more goals and more winning of games.

Spot on. Probably a decent LB as will.

We are in a dire position, it might be controversial but I wonder if it would have been a bad thing to go down last year. Teams like Lincoln and Tranmere have done it and kept or improved their fan base, they probably have better owners than us though. We are currently haemorrhaging fans because of our brand of football I know a lot of fans who will stay away at Christmas they do not like the product on offer. Hope the remaining fans have some enjoyment and a Happy Christmas

I have written it before : A proven/successful striker and a wide man who can supply a good centre ball would see us into the play off's.

More of attacking types of tactics would be conducive to gaining more attractive football, obviously more goals and more winning of games.

Archived