onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Stoke C U21

Fosse69

I see that you ( tunstallpotter ) were quite quick to respond to the comment regarding the story still simmering in the Nationals but have not commented on this posting by ‘erniemossrules’ questioning no sign of even an apology by the Stoke hierarchy. Their silence is deafening and will not be forgotten by Vale fans for many a long year. I would be ashamed even of Norman if he had not made any comment after almost a week if the boot had been on the other foot. It’s disgraceful of Coates and his ‘wonderful’ family.

Peter Coates would happily see Vale fold he has always been hostile to the club. Most Stoke fans seem forget that both clubs predate the formation of the modern Stoke on Trent. Yet believe Vale don't belong.

Remember Coates was on the Stoke board when they tried buy Vale in 2003 to merge Vale into Stoke and basically get rid of the club. Somehow it has and still disgusts Stoke that we ever dared to briefly match them and even were above them for a short time and had the cheek to celebrate it.

Advert

I wrote last week that this was an opportunity for Stoke City to show themselves in a positive light. With their significant financial resources the cost of the repairs are negligible to them. If Mr Coates declines to meet this cost it will provide sound evidence of what many Port Vale fans have said for years about his latent hostility to our club, and therefore his home City. We are a two club City and I know that many Stoke City fans would wish that he would settle this, for him, relatively small amount.

I see that you ( tunstallpotter ) were quite quick to respond to the comment regarding the story still simmering in the Nationals but have not commented on this posting by ‘erniemossrules’ questioning no sign of even an apology by the Stoke hierarchy. Their silence is deafening and will not be forgotten by Vale fans for many a long year. I would be ashamed even of Norman if he had not made any comment after almost a week if the boot had been on the other foot. It’s disgraceful of Coates and his ‘wonderful’ family.

I've already stated several times that I think Stoke should pay the damage bill.

Whether that bill is close to £100k is massively debatable but I think it would absolutely be the right thing to do.

Seems like Stoke City FC need to be shamed into paying up.

Why don't the Sentinel publish pictures on the front page of an evening edition, why don't the local tv station do a feature on the damage. Perhaps even the cretins who caused the damage would then realize their stupidity.

Why don't the Sentinel publish pictures on the front page of an evening edition, why don't the local tv station do a feature on the damage. Perhaps even the cretins who caused the damage would then realize their stupidity.

If the courts grew a pair and made the bog-bashers pay for the damage it might send a message to others who enjoy doing this kind of thing.Knowing the justice system in this country though they'll probably get a slap on the wrist and four hours of counselling?

The Senile and Radio Joke are in Coates pocket and lick his a*se.Then you have Martin Smith doing a column in the Senile enjoying every minute of it and Blakeman on Radio Joke both ignoring it and hope it goes away.

Both the Senile and Radio Joke have also ignored the Bennell fiasco at Crewe allowing the club to close up and hope it goes away.

Stoke are a classless club that have yet again acted in a classless way. You only have to look on the bloatcake, shortly after the draw was made their fans were on there, reminiscing about "the good old days" when they carried out similar amounts of criminal damage to pubs and snooker clubs in Burslem. It was all a good laugh, days before the match, with not one single person challenging them. The club are followed by a huge number of absolute vermin, who despise everything about us. Their fans are a disgrace, the club itself is an embarrassment, and the sooner local media pull them up on this the better. I think TP comes across ok on here, and I know a fee decent Stoke fans, but the vast majority are animals. This isn't a minority, the majority of Stoke fans are a disgusting bunch of low life scum.

I've already stated several times that I think Stoke should pay the damage bill.

Whether that bill is close to £100k is massively debatable but I think it would absolutely be the right thing to do.

I know that you, like many other right minded Stoke fans, have said that you think that Stoke should pay for the damage and on more than one occasion.

However as the other Stoke fan, Werrington, who comes on here with great regularity likes to state, you haven’t answered my point which was the silence is deafening. Whether they intend to pay or not, they should have by now issued some sort of statement apologising for the damage caused by hooligans obtaining tickets that had been issued for sale by SCFC and as been discussed at length on here were sold to only either season tickets holders or members of the club.

I am not defending or laying a wrong doing comment here at anyone - but why is the damage not supported by an insurance claim, surely any commercial business premises would have insurance in this situation. Should the business feel such that it has a counter claim against another individual or group it would pursue that in tandem or as part of any claim?

Why play out the situation in public, just fueling the fire in my opinion. I can see that Norman is trying to get a response and using public media to lay damage on the other party so they forgo and pay.... at the end of the day all of the publicity (negative) is doing zero to enhance Stokes image....

I am not defending or laying a wrong doing comment here at anyone - but why is the damage not supported by an insurance claim, surely any commercial business premises would have insurance in this situation. Should the business feel such that it has a counter claim against another individual or group it would pursue that in tandem or as part of any claim?

Claiming from insurance may affect any no claims bonus for a start. Also we must remember that the ground now belongs to Smurf not PVFC.

Why play out the situation in public, just fueling the fire in my opinion. I can see that Norman is trying to get a response and using public media to lay damage on the other party so they forgo and pay.... at the end of the day all of the publicity (negative) is doing zero to enhance Stokes image....

This should not be played out in public but surely the non response from SCFC is more damaging to them than to Smurf who obviously feels that they have a moral duty to fund the repairs caused by hooligans who obtained their tickets from the SCFC ticket office by fair or foul means.

This should not be played out in public but surely the non response from SCFC is more damaging to them than to Smurf who obviously feels that they have a moral duty to fund the repairs caused by hooligans who obtained their tickets from the SCFC ticket office by fair or foul means.

I don’t disagree at all. Morally they maybe should, by the letter of the law I guess they don’t have too. I still can’t fathom why Stoke City and it’s club officials themselves have said ZERO of the events - quite frankly baffling to me.

Claiming from insurance may affect any no claims bonus for a start. Also we must remember that the ground now belongs to Smurf not PVFC.

I think my undertone or worry, will be that Smurf uses this as an ‘excuse’ to not give Aspin the funds he’s promised in Jan - can we see that becoming a reality?

Archived