onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sjoke are coming!!!

wwindsor

Advert

The last game at fail park on radio Stoke they where having a quiz. What a boring load of rubbish it was like being a church yard

Yeah well done mate. Thanks for your contribution.

I'll have to try and imagine what it must be like to be a churchyard.

Spanish reserve teams have been in the league system since 1940 so I don't see what that proves.

It proves that it works in other countries. It happens in Spain and Germany and it's just started in Italy. I am dead against this happening in English football and believe that the introduction of U23 teams in this competition is the first step along that path.

He's right. Those attending with a brain are gutless selfish brats who threaten the future of the domestic game - no moral compass! SHAME ON YOU ALL!

We shouldn't ruin it now, we've been doing relatively well as a club in terms of ignoring this competition so far apart the usual thickos, who you just have to leave to it, and a few scabs.

STAAAAND YOUR GROUND!

This sort of language is completely unnecessary and unworthy of you, Rory. You're better than that.

Thanks to all Sjoke fans attending and for their kind donations.Their big night is approaching.

It will go straight into Smurthwaite’s back pocket mate so I wouldn’t get too excited.

I'm absolutely seething.

Relax fella. It’s 22 blokes kicking a ball around a field when you strip it back.

Win lose or draw it means nothing compared to a proper derby, people are just working themselves up into a frenzy about how it’s embarrassing etc.

Me personally I’m going, chance to see some of the youngsters we’ve got hopefully test themselves in a game with a bit of an edge.

I once watched us lose 6-1 at home to a full strength Stoke in a 'meaningless friendly' which is not an experience I'd wish to repeat, meaningless or not.

I don't expect that kind of result here but Vale and its fans are on a hiding to nothing. If we win it'll be 'it's only our kids' and if we lose it'll be 'you lost to our kids!' I don't think I'd like to dignify either with my attendance, so I won't.

I think that's right - the EFL is already celebrating the new format as a success. Why, you may ask? Because of the massive increase in attendances to watch Premier League U21's? Because the fans in L1 and 2 are raving about the added excitement, greater competition and better atmosphere in the grounds? No - simply because it's brought in a tiny bit more cash, which is so insignificant that Premier clubs will have paid it out of their petty cash tin.

It tells you a lot about the EFL that is very worrying:

* the fans' views count for nothing

* it doesn't matter to them that the games are played in near enough empty stadiums

* they will do anything for money, even relatively small amounts

* their failure to get a better deal with Sky to improve the financial position of lower league clubs means they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get more money into the game

* they won't admit to the fact that it's a farce, keeping thousands of fans away from a competition that was their club's only real chance of winning a trophy.

So the proposition that we will soon have the privilege of watching Premier B sides in L1 and L2 is not to be dismissed as fantasy - based on what the EFL have done so far, it's simply the next logical step in the process.

Which is why it's so important to have nothing to do with this wretched competition.

Our Bill.....I love a sentence with the word "wretched" in!! It's not used enough for me....good on yer!:clap:

Archived