onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sjoke are coming!!!

wwindsor

Well if you don't like what's happening to the competitions you've mentioned, then vote with your feet like Rory is suggesting you/we do.That's the only way to get the message across to the powers that be that we as supporters, aren't going to accept the ruinous meddling of said competition's.Your clearly going to attend,I suggest out of blind faith and although I wouldn't call you thick,I certainly think you are misguided and by your very action of complicit appeasement, a little foolish when one looks at the bigger picture.

If everyone stayed away every time something in football happened that they didn't like grounds would be empty now.

Advert

But we'll be playing Stoke in name only.To even suggest that your fans would turn up in their thousands to watch kids play a strong Vale side is madness.Even the lard's are not that stupid.

I never said we will turn up in our thousands

I said that the majority of the Stoke support have little or no interest in this particular match and imo there will be no more than 1500 Stoke in attendance

This is a complete load of condescending ********. Attending is accepting this as the norm. Please do not believe that this is a real potteries derby. Please do not make it out to be anything more than a meaningless reserve game that you could watch for **** all in the sentinel cup or whatever. It means nothing. It's ******* nonsense and is a complete kick in the face for lower league clubs.

Well if you don't like what's happening to the competitions you've mentioned, then vote with your feet like Rory is suggesting you/we do.That's the only way to get the message across to the powers that be that we as supporters, aren't going to accept the ruinous meddling of said competition's.Your clearly going to attend,I suggest out of blind faith and although I wouldn't call you thick,I certainly think you are misguided and by your very action of complicit appeasement, a little foolish when one looks at the bigger picture.

I am not “clearly going to attend” - depends when it is.

I never said we will turn up in our thousands

I said that the majority of the Stoke support have little or no interest in this particular match and imo there will be no more than 1500 Stoke in attendance

Well that's more than the 71 last time the U21s played!

It wasn't so long ago you had the audacity to put down people who do go...choosing to refer your amazing long term affinity to the club

If you choose to support the FA's greed machine that is your prerogative...I say anyone who in the cold light of day refuses to go this one has their head well and truly screwed on...the game is meaningless

Here here!

I've actually been astonished by the excitement shown by certain posters on here. How can anybody with an ounce of common sense, pride or self respect consider attending this fixture? If you want to support Port Vale (and the competitive nature of football on the whole) then stay at home for this one. Don't acknowledge that it's happening.

It's pretty clear the club don't appreciate this fixture. The complete lack of communication regarding the match says a thousand words. Aspin says he'll be treating the same as other Checkatrade matches, so it'll be a fringe squad. Ally says she'd rather not be there, and she's the fans liaison officer! Send a message and stay at home.

Rory, judging by some of your posts on this thread I'm astonished you haven't done so already. You sound mad enough.

I'm sorry mate but I don't see you as the arbiter of what is morally acceptable behaviour by a Vale fan. It is a matter of personal choice. You won't go, fine that's your choice, but to make spurious judgements about the morality or intelligence of those who choose to do the opposite is way over the top.

I don't like what has happened to the League Cup with no two legged ties in the earlier rounds. I don't like what is happening to the FA Cup. In both of these the lower division clubs frequently end up playing what is little more than an U21 Premier League team. I don't like what has happened to the EFL Trophy. But what I like least of all is someone on a high horse telling me when I should and should not attend and support the team.

You go girl.......

This is a complete load of condescending ********. Attending is accepting this as the norm. Please do not believe that this is a real potteries derby. Please do not make it out to be anything more than a meaningless reserve game that you could watch for **** all in the sentinel cup or whatever. It means nothing. It's ******* nonsense and is a complete kick in the face for lower league clubs.

So is this not the black and white strip of Port Vale F.C. verses the red and white stripes of Sjoke City F.C.

Archived